Droid Companion C2-N2

Tiriensoul

Can't find a suitable Forum to post this, but anyway.

How do i gear up my Droid? C2-N2, ive used Auction House, and i choose "Ranged Weapon" After that i tried picking Shotgun, assault cannon, sniper, etc etc.

And i choose "Usable to C2-N2" and it shows everything, so i just picked something from every category, but guess what? My companion can't use any of the weapons i bought.

Some help please!

I've bought Affection items, but he gives me +0 affection everytime?

Is it just me, or is this companion And Auction house bugged?

what you want todo is find a cybertech to make you stuff, his armour is exactly the same as any other droid, you want motors parts etc but a cybertech can create every last thing you need for them, what wep they use i have no idea and i suspect none as he states himself.

Excuse me sir but i am a none combat model.

but when in doubt with these things open up your abilities sheet with the comp out and it will say in there everything they can use.

Edited by Shingara

I noticed the same problem with this C2-N2 droid not gaining affection either... but we'll save that for later. The good news is that you can equip this droid with quite a few items actually. First he requires Heavy Armor so use your hand-me-downs from T1-07 or get new ones, He is melee and you should use a (Tech Blade/Knife) for the main hand and a (Generator) for the off-hand. And you'll wants to stack as much Aim, Strength, defence, etc... But Aim is most important if you use him as a healer...as this will increase his heals dramatically. Hope this helps you .... Edited by DarthNecronis

C2-N2 cannot equip any weapons at all. He has no weapon skills. However, you can fill all his other slots with droid gear and he becomes a semi-decent healing companion. Now if only there were a way to prevent him from trying to falcon punch rancors...

If you put him on passive, he stops using ALL of his abilities. IE: He stops healing.

Playing a vanguard, it's not that big a deal since I usually run with Ion Cell up anyway.

Why you would ever use him is beyond me. I've tried... he's horrible.

On a related note, I wish they put in a way to compare gear you're looking at to the gear on companions who aren't with you (or off running missions/crafting even). I find myself not accepting rewards until they can get back and I can look at their gear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On a related note, I wish they put in a way to compare gear you're looking at to the gear on companions who aren't with you (or off running missions/crafting even). I find myself not accepting rewards until they can get back and I can look at their gear.

Because Jedi Knights (who can be a Melee Tank or Melee DPS) get NO healing companions till level 30ish.

Also I've heard Gunslingers like using him because Smuglers don't get a Healing compainion till later on either. (My Gunslinger in his 20's so far has been getting by without healing, just Corso)

But yes, he tells you he doesn't use weapons when you first pick him up.

You can even choose a converstion option asking to upgrade him with weapons and he refuses.

BTW, I dont like calling it Falcon Punching... I like calling it Droid-Fu :cool:

Edit: Oh btw, if your companion is off on a request, just hit the X on the mission reward screen and it hides it in your Upper Right corner of the screen under "Pending". Then when he gets back click on the "Pending" message. I wsa offered a couple of Droid Items on my Trooper during his Nar Shaddaa line before he gained the MX Droid Companoion and I just kept that mission reward in pending till he got the companion to see if it was a good fit for him.

Edited by Jerid

He can be useful if you are in a pinch. For example after having no luck at finding a healer we were able to use him to 3 man Hammer Station at level.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
If you are using him for combat, you're doing it wrong.

i use him on my dps jedi guardian till i get a healer companion. i dont like using the other companions cause they make killing bosses in storyline and such less heroic. all i really need him out for is junk sell and heroic moment(and yes his heals are okay)