Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stormcaller Attacks

floriwie
07.07.2012 , 02:46 AM | #1
Hi guys,
I was reading my combat logs, it seems that all attacks of Stormcaller are force/tech attacks because I am not seeing 1 single shielding/glance log against stormcaller...

If this is the case I am going to take force focus instead of a shield for the fight. Can anybody confirm that?

And the big hit from Stormcaller "Electric Discharge" seems to be happening every 20s, do u know any pattern so I can time my Force Shroud....

Thx for the answers

Andex
07.07.2012 , 03:23 AM | #2
Based on your mention of Force Shroud, I'm going to attempt to safely assume that you're an Assassin tank.

If this is the case, my sincere suggestion to you is switch to being the tank of Firebrand. If you're adamant about being the tank of Stormcaller, then there's really nothing you can do for that fight except stack some endurance and ride it out, because that tank does not like Assassins.
Doko prek anuda ten?

floriwie
07.07.2012 , 02:27 PM | #3
I have 27K buffed health so endurance is no problem

Our DPS is having problem with the enrage timer so if attacks are not shieldable I am planing to get force focus and a power relic instead of shield....

TheBigGregski
07.07.2012 , 02:33 PM | #4
Didn't really look into stormcaller's attacks, but i can parry/dodge/shield the 8 missiles he shoots while i'm running during defensive mode time, so i'm keeping my shield on

floriwie
07.07.2012 , 04:20 PM | #5
I see from the combat logs I am dodging them but I dont see one single glance/shield for mortar volley.....

Arkonzoa
07.07.2012 , 07:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBigGregski View Post
Didn't really look into stormcaller's attacks, but i can parry/dodge/shield the 8 missiles he shoots while i'm running during defensive mode time, so i'm keeping my shield on
That is actually firebrand shooting missiles up in the air during that phase.

ArchangelLBC
07.07.2012 , 09:43 PM | #7
I'm actually reasonably certain that's correct. Filled in as a pickup DPS on a story mode Denova last night and we had a shadow tank on Stormcaller and a Guardian tank on Firebrand. Instead of a tank swap the shadow just taunted off the guardian for the incinerate armor cast and cheesed it with resilliance (Force Shroud is the mirror?) which suggests Storm caller had nothing but Force/Tech to add to the balance.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Andex
07.07.2012 , 10:25 PM | #8
Incinerate Armor is only a debuff that gets applied, it does no damage. It can instagib the tank on Firebrand if he gets the debuff and then gets hit with Firebrand's special.
Doko prek anuda ten?

ArchangelLBC
07.07.2012 , 11:09 PM | #9
My understanding was it basically reduced your armor to 0 making your ability to take damage nil. In retrospect this seems silly since then why would a tank swap help?

I dunno, we usually just cheese it with force cloak/deflection or resilliance it seems.

Anyway my initial reasoning is that if Stormcaller did weapon attacks, and the shadow's armor was at 0 this would make them just as susceptible to damage. The fact that he could just resilliance through the whole thing and take no damage suggests stormcallers attacks must be force/tech based since resilliance doesn't offer protection against white damage.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Aurojiin
07.07.2012 , 11:37 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
My understanding was it basically reduced your armor to 0 making your ability to take damage nil. In retrospect this seems silly since then why would a tank swap help?
The point is that Stormcaller's attacks are elemental, so they ignore armour and can't be mitigated except by passive elemental resistence. In turn the actual damage they hit for is tuned to account for this. A tank swap just means that the tank with the temporarily non-existent armour is on the boss where armour doesn't matter.

As for prioritising a Shadow tank on Stormcaller, that's just because of their slightly higher elemental resistence. With tank swapping, though, it's somewhat of a moot point.