Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting mission 2x bug

davilorius
07.07.2012 , 02:03 AM | #1
Steps to reproduce:

1. Get two identical crafting missions.
2. Learn and start the first mission.
3. Click to learn the second mission now. Mission disappears from inventory and does not appear in available missions list i.e. your mission basically was deleted.

Iirc in the past when you tried to learn the same mission twice the game stopped you from doing so and messaged you that only one of the same mission at a time is allowed. Now your second mission gets deleted. I found this out by accident on a slicing 340 mission, ouch! This also happened to another person in my guild. /bug'd it.
Diaverse the Unyielding
50 Merc Healer
<Eternal>
The Bastion

darksidechemist
07.07.2012 , 11:47 AM | #2
Noted! Thanks for the heads-up.

jimbocolorado
07.07.2012 , 01:09 PM | #3
Yes I posted about this last week and also submitted a bug report. I noticed this seemed to start after the 1.3 patch.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=495647

Skodan
07.07.2012 , 02:14 PM | #4
do you know if it will pop up when you finish the first one?

i know how in the past you could basically send all companions on the same mission discovery, then they changed it to where you could only have one active.

i wonder if it will pop up when it completes the first
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

jimbocolorado
07.08.2012 , 12:03 PM | #5
As far as i know it will eat your mission if you have it learned or one of your companions is currently doing the same mission. Once they complete the mission then you can learn it again.
What i do is just learn what I'm going to use at the moment and send everyone out, then rinse and repeat. Juts try to remember which mission icons you learned.
I will continue on this method until it has been confirmed fixed, as i purchase most of my missions and don't want to loose them.

davilorius
07.08.2012 , 01:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
do you know if it will pop up when you finish the first one?

i know how in the past you could basically send all companions on the same mission discovery, then they changed it to where you could only have one active.

i wonder if it will pop up when it completes the first
It doesn't pop up after the first mission is completed. The second mission is completely gone.
Diaverse the Unyielding
50 Merc Healer
<Eternal>
The Bastion

Alastasia
07.08.2012 , 02:41 PM | #7
The sad thing is, you SHOULD be able to send multiple pets on the same 340 mission at the same time according to the 1.2 patch notes. Yes, I said ONE-POINT-TWO! This has been broken for a LONG time.

Sonaria
07.09.2012 , 07:19 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by davilorius View Post
It doesn't pop up after the first mission is completed. The second mission is completely gone.
I noticed this earlier today. I had learned a second of the same diplomacy mission. Same thing, it disappeared from my inventory but it didn't show up in my mission list. I waited for the first one to finish, and the second one never showed up in my list. Checked it later, still didn't show up.

Wish I would have seen this thread earlier

Splaktar
07.09.2012 , 01:28 PM | #9
This has been a known issue for about 2 weeks now. Still no fix has been implemented. I made a report in game but my items were not restored. It is a known issue that causes lost items but has not been addressed.

Even if you know about it, you can still get hit by it unless you are extremely careful.
Splaktar - Arsenal Mercenary [50] - Master Armormech (UT/Slicing)
Samas - Engineering Sniper [42] - Armstech (Scavenging/Investigation)
Pak'Cafan - Jedi Covenant

Mezla
07.09.2012 , 02:44 PM | #10
Glad to see that I am not the only one who got caught out by this.