Snipers are op

Individual

Well related to other ranged dps they are OP sure, however when you compare them to ptechs and marauders (or fully augmented melee ops and I mean fully to the point where they can almost kill a player during stuns) they are just in a good place.

What we should do is bring up merc/sorc dps specs. Sure sorc is great for the chart but it is weak in teamplay pvp.

Well related to other ranged dps they are OP sure, however when you compare them to ptechs and marauders (or fully augmented melee ops and I mean fully to the point where they can almost kill a player during stuns) they are just in a good place.

What we should do is bring up merc/sorc dps specs. Sure sorc is great for the chart but it is weak in teamplay pvp.

I hope they do ramp up sorc and merc dps. If they don't, and muraders and powertechs get nerfed, you can only imagine whose going to be getting most of the complaints after. Range DPS was more balanced before 1.2 with the exception of the snipers. I like where they are now, but it sucks the other classes got the hit sooo hard.

Knockbacks, roots, massive dmg, lots of shields and survivability, 2 ccs, can't yank or leap to them while their in cover, and an interupt. Pretty op.

but yet fart next to one and they fall over dead... really OP...

I hope they do ramp up sorc and merc dps. If they don't, and muraders and powertechs get nerfed, you can only imagine whose going to be getting most of the complaints after. Range DPS was more balanced before 1.2 with the exception of the snipers. I like where they are now, but it sucks the other classes got the hit sooo hard.

by more balanced you mean overpowered. Zeoller said (regarding merc DPS pre 1.2) no class that is that simplistic to play should do the damage it does. Classes for the most part do damage based on their skill cap... the more faceroll friendly the less damage they do because less skill is required to play them. Thats why marauders (good marauders) out DPS everyone.

Edited by Hizoka

• 3 weeks later...
leap to them while their in cover, QUOTE]

Only true to a point, when they are couched behind the cover and not activating abilities you can't jump to them, but when they are activating an ability (standing up behind the cover) you can in fact jump to them.

Knockbacks, roots, massive dmg, lots of shields and survivability, 2 ccs, can't yank or leap to them while their in cover, and an interupt. Pretty op.

yes our one (possibly 2) knockbacks, the break on damage roots, massive damage like pure DPS classes should have, two mobile shields and one stationary shield, two cc's one of which breaks on dmg like all the other 8s long cc's, can't yank/leap while in cover that you can very easily get us out of as long as entrench isn't active, and an interupt (which is kinda an invalid argument imo because mercs and their mirror are only ones without one). we're not OP, we can't take damage if our lives depended on it, melee classes just body slam us and we drop and ranged classes LoS us making us have to move. we're actually well thought out and we play like the name of the class implies, heavy hitting movement imparing cover abusing bag of fun.

Snipers just seem so strong because every other ranged option is so mind blowingly bad.

Seriously I would like to PvP with my actual main character but sadly it's a Merc and I dislike being carried.

And putting Sniper and survivability in the same sentence without any 'no' or ironic notion is just silly. :p

by more balanced you mean overpowered. Zeoller said (regarding merc DPS pre 1.2) no class that is that simplistic to play should do the damage it does. Classes for the most part do damage based on their skill cap... the more faceroll friendly the less damage they do because less skill is required to play them. Thats why marauders (good marauders) out DPS everyone.

Sure hope you're not implying it takes any skill to destroy people with a marauder, lol.

If any class is OP it's the sentinel/marauder, I have one and I can say it is even at lvl 32. Sniper is not. Yes they have extremely hard hits, but they are one of the easiest classes to kill. Lose LOS on their cast abilitys and they are close to useless. 2 (maybe more later on) of their snare/stuns break on damage.

The way I see it, you probably got man handled a few times by a sniper in a match because you don't know how to kill them, and now all of a sudden they are Overpowered.

Any class is overpowered if you don't have any idea how to take them down.

EDIT: Was skimming through the thread and I swear I seen someone say Sniper has good survivability. LOL!

EDIT2: Oh the post above has it quoted ^_^

Edited by Jayshames

they're only OP if you use them very well. I have a gunslinger, and they aren't that easy to play as- try stunning them and/or running AROUND their cover- once cover and distance stop protecting them, they're screwed.