Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers are op

Individual
07.07.2012 , 01:59 AM | #1
Knockbacks, roots, massive dmg, lots of shields and survivability, 2 ccs, can't yank or leap to them while their in cover, and an interupt. Pretty op.

DarthRaika
07.07.2012 , 03:07 AM | #2
Well related to other ranged dps they are OP sure, however when you compare them to ptechs and marauders (or fully augmented melee ops and I mean fully to the point where they can almost kill a player during stuns) they are just in a good place.

What we should do is bring up merc/sorc dps specs. Sure sorc is great for the chart but it is weak in teamplay pvp.

Kaisernick
07.07.2012 , 05:59 AM | #3
snipers have high dps but are squishey as hell can be taken down quite quick.

Individual
07.07.2012 , 07:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Well related to other ranged dps they are OP sure, however when you compare them to ptechs and marauders (or fully augmented melee ops and I mean fully to the point where they can almost kill a player during stuns) they are just in a good place.

What we should do is bring up merc/sorc dps specs. Sure sorc is great for the chart but it is weak in teamplay pvp.
I hope they do ramp up sorc and merc dps. If they don't, and muraders and powertechs get nerfed, you can only imagine whose going to be getting most of the complaints after. Range DPS was more balanced before 1.2 with the exception of the snipers. I like where they are now, but it sucks the other classes got the hit sooo hard.

DaDe
07.07.2012 , 10:06 AM | #5
From my point of view the jedi are OP !
Dunn | 50 | Vanguard |
Chasmi | 50 | Assassin |
Sek'nos | 50 | Marauder |
Beertastic | 50 | Guardian |

Achromatis
07.07.2012 , 11:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DaDe View Post
From my point of view the jedi are OP !
iknowright, they can throw rocks - WITH THEIR MIND
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

DarthRaika
07.07.2012 , 02:24 PM | #7
someone just watched episode 3 on spike!

E-Zekiel
07.07.2012 , 05:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Achromatis View Post
iknowright, they can throw rocks - WITH THEIR MIND
Episode 3 reference, I think you missed it.

I got a good lol from that though

Hizoka
07.07.2012 , 08:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
Knockbacks, roots, massive dmg, lots of shields and survivability, 2 ccs, can't yank or leap to them while their in cover, and an interupt. Pretty op.
but yet fart next to one and they fall over dead... really OP...

Hizoka
07.07.2012 , 08:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
I hope they do ramp up sorc and merc dps. If they don't, and muraders and powertechs get nerfed, you can only imagine whose going to be getting most of the complaints after. Range DPS was more balanced before 1.2 with the exception of the snipers. I like where they are now, but it sucks the other classes got the hit sooo hard.
by more balanced you mean overpowered. Zeoller said (regarding merc DPS pre 1.2) no class that is that simplistic to play should do the damage it does. Classes for the most part do damage based on their skill cap... the more faceroll friendly the less damage they do because less skill is required to play them. Thats why marauders (good marauders) out DPS everyone.