Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you level a Smuggler as quickly as possible?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How do you level a Smuggler as quickly as possible?

Sangrar
07.06.2012 , 08:35 PM | #1
Hello, I have a level 28 Scoundrel and am on Alderaan. Its taken me a month to get this far but was wondering if anyone had any tips to make this go faster, considering my Trooper took 3 months to get to 50. I have a computer that doesn't support warzones very well and am bad at space missions since I only beat Archernar Interception only once out of 14 tries.I want to level up faster while still having a little time to enjoy the story. Does anyone got any tips for how I can do that?
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

SabreNova
07.06.2012 , 08:42 PM | #2
I usually do all the quests on any given planet. That includes story missions, side missions, as well as the bonus quests (kill x enemies, collect x objects, etc.). I also do maybe 1 or 2 heroics per planet (except for starter planets and capital worlds). You said your computer does not support WZs, but I'm sure Heroics of at most 3 other people+yourself shouldn't be an issue. With those, you should at least be the correct level, or even 1 or 2 levels above. Hope that helps!
The Skysaber Legacy
Master Nihalus Master Akrizios
Agent BartonCaptain ThatchGladiator Novius

jedip_enguin
07.06.2012 , 09:04 PM | #3
Do the quests, do the bonus chains, move on.

Dont get sidetracked spending a great deal of time on the fleet looking for FP's and dont be overly concerned with keeping your crew skills current.

Levelling in this game is nowhere near difficult, its just a matter of doing the quests, there are no real shortcuts.
I like big referrals and I cannot lie - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

wessik
07.06.2012 , 09:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
Hello, I have a level 28 Scoundrel and am on Alderaan. Its taken me a month to get this far but was wondering if anyone had any tips to make this go faster, considering my Trooper took 3 months to get to 50. I have a computer that doesn't support warzones very well and am bad at space missions since I only beat Archernar Interception only once out of 14 tries.I want to level up faster while still having a little time to enjoy the story. Does anyone got any tips for how I can do that?
in regards to space, you need to have your ship parts upgraded as high as possible for your level, and the mission will become easier...
Wessik Moonrunner, [Helm of Graush, AzM]
[Kauri Rebel - CRSF,KoK, RSF General]
[Bloodfin Imperial - AzM], [AoC - WDMKR]
Castigere Bartucchi, [Kauri Imperial - MYST]

Darlgon
07.07.2012 , 08:56 AM | #5
GIve someone else your account and password. plus your credit card info? Just ignore the extra charges on the bill and pay it off... (Sigh)

Ok DONT do that.

Why are you worried about leveling fast? This is a STORY based MMO, so they want you to smell the flowers as you go by.

If you must tho, focus on your class line, ignoring all side quests until you cant get past fight X. Then, dont call on your friends and guildies to help. Do the side quests in the area where you are, and work backwards until you get the correct gear and can win that fight. Of course, you will be sick of doing your smuggler by that time because he failed you so many times on that TUFF boss fight that you really were not prepared for because you skipped so much content.