Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for July 13th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for July 13th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Annex
07.07.2012 , 01:31 PM | #81
Hi,

As you may know there has been a lot of discussion about the PvP viability of sages/sorcs healers post 1.2. With 1.2 (and now 1.3) the removal from the game of the procced accelerated cast for the big heal has caused the class to become very stationary when healing which obviously, as the squishiest class ingame, affects viability in organised PvP. Can you confirm what the development direction is for this class?:

- Is the class supposed to be a turret healer as the stationary casts imply?
- Is the class supposed to be a kiter, as the cloth armor and lack of defensive armor implies?

Currently noone doubts the class's potential output is good but the viability of that output is very much in question for PvPers.

I would really appreciate your input on the intended direction.
Annex / Scimitar
ShadowLegion

Parali
07.07.2012 , 01:35 PM | #82
Greetings,

We just wanted to jump in here and let you know that you can see what topics have been covered in previous Community Q&As by checking out our Community Q&A Archive. We hope this helps as you decide what question to submit!

To read all our previous Community Q&As, go here.

LogunOne
07.07.2012 , 02:26 PM | #83
James Ohlen back in March of 2010 once said in an PC Gamer interview ….
(Source) http://www.computerandvideogames.com...nd-new-system/

"We're looking at classic [endgame] systems, but we're also doing something brand new that hasn't been done in an MMO before. So we're going to mix those two together."

Could you elaborate now what that something "brand new" for endgame was, and when did it get cut? …will we ever see it?

JWillets
07.07.2012 , 02:35 PM | #84
I am curious to know if you guys are planning to give more control of companions, perhaps similar to how Bioware gave control over companions in Dragon Age Origins, to us in the future. There've been a few times where Quinn healed himself when he's at 90% health and I'm at 10%. Their AI just seems odd sometimes.

Caer
07.07.2012 , 02:37 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by regis_mcmahon View Post
Are there any plans to expand the legacy family tree to include other players? It would be great to - for instance - be siblings with another guildmate and connect the 2 legacies together in one larger tree. As it stands right now, a maximum of 8 people in legacy tree looks fairly minimalistic.
Many players have siblings or family that is not played by themselves and would like to expand their legacy name or possibly even perks to those who are considered family. Would there possibly be a way for us to grant our legacy name to a certain amount of players and then pay credits into giving players possibly perks as story lines progress?

Strife
07.07.2012 , 02:50 PM | #86
Chat Bubbles

We heard that these were being worked on some months ago, and later that they would be in game after the UI customization update. What is the status of these and when can we expect them ?

HoboWithAStick
07.07.2012 , 03:08 PM | #87
Why are Operatives/Scoundrel the only melee class in the game that don't get a reduction to AOE damage in their skill tree. Some of the AOE damage in PVE hits us for way to much and seems to make the class (In my experince) hated by all operation groups.

Elear
07.07.2012 , 03:29 PM | #88
What are your plans for 1.4? (at least those you can reveal)
With players still waiting for Nightmare Denova, Solo Ranked WZ or Dual Spec, it's hard to expect it to be Makeb patch with it's level increase, but those things alone don't seem like content worth 'big' patch.

Metalmac
07.07.2012 , 04:15 PM | #89
When can I play?
Servers full so I get 9000 error over and over and over...

What is the point of transfers it we can not play?

Tibbel
07.07.2012 , 04:41 PM | #90
What is the design philosophy behind melee/ranged defense versus force/tech resistance, both in PvP and PvE?