Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for July 13th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for July 13th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iReboot
07.06.2012 , 05:37 PM | #21
Can you add an option that when a friendly player heals/bubble, etc that your toon does not automatically target them? This also happens to my companions when healing me.

Darkcrest
07.06.2012 , 05:38 PM | #22
Back before launch, it was stated that the items on the Collector's Edition Vendor, would have similar items available to everyone. So far that is mostly true.

My question is this. Are we gonna get varations of the Social Imperial Armor thats only available to the CE vendor. There are many npc's with the same armor but in different colors. I'd think it's safe to assume tha folks would be satisfied with that alone. Same could be said with the CE Republic Officer armor.

Hyde_v
07.06.2012 , 05:55 PM | #23
Would it be possible to add a feature to schematics that state whether or not you know the schematic already instead of having to try to learn it to find out?
"And they probably redesigned the whole sickbay too. I know engineers. They love to change things." -Dr. McCoy, ST:TMP

BigGun
07.06.2012 , 05:56 PM | #24
When is the Codex going to receive some much needed love? It hasn't changed much since launch and there are a lot of missing entries and titles.
I live to serve the Republic.

MidichIorian
07.06.2012 , 06:01 PM | #25
Background: 12 or more sages/sorcs in a warzone wasnt uncommon pre-1.2. Class distribution is nowdays much better but it's also obvious that people gave up on their sorcs/sages due to recent changes. The combination of low survivability and no real bursts make the two ac'es less appealing to the masses and it seems like only the top sorcs/sages pre-1.2 have what it takes to be competitive against players of much lower skill from other classes in the new enviroment. By simply looking through a few of the many "class composition for rated"-threads it should become apparent to everyone that dps sorcs/sages arent high on the "want" list. No one's interested in a dot class that even the most clueless healer single handedly can nullify.

Question: Are you willing to retract, or atleast reconsider, previous statements regarding sages/sorcs being "in a good place right now" and tweak (read:buff) either survivablity or burst to make foremost the dps specs of said classes viable in rated warzones?

SithVeritas
07.06.2012 , 06:13 PM | #26
I'm very glad to see TOR is expanding character creation wise like introducing Cathar. But are there any plans to improve current species? For instance new tattoos for Zabraks and humans, maybe new cybernetics, or is what is available at the moment considered 'finished' for those species?

Tezcatlypoca
07.06.2012 , 06:21 PM | #27
On the subject of new species, is there any chance that Yoda's species will become playable someday? I can't begin to describe how amazing that would be!

Kilikaa
07.06.2012 , 06:57 PM | #28
Do you have any plans to narrow the gap between "pvp" and "pve" gear? Currently pve gear is useless in warzones due to the stupid expertise stat. On the other side is the fact that pvp equipped players who have never had a chance to run Ops before cannot get into groups so that they can get their gear.

I am nearly fully WH geared on my Shadow. Everytime I have tried to join 8man groups I am told I can't go due to my gear, even on Stry Modes. How is this fair? I wear Survivors gear too since I am a tank with this toon. I would get Black Hole gear but there is a major problem...THERE IS NO BH SURVIVORS SET! Why not?! This makes no sense!

So I can't get the proper gear for Ops becausee I have full WH. Black Hole is out of the question as I take hits to some of the stats I need because of a lack of a Survivors set. Nobody seems to want a WH geared Shadow, or any toon, for even Story Mode Ops.

What I am really asking is will you either make PVP gear more viable for normal Story Ops or will you actually create a Survivors BH set? If you create a Survivors set please don't make it look as ugly as the other sets. You art team has very bad taste.

Felioats
07.06.2012 , 07:09 PM | #29
I understand there are plans to expand the functionality of the Legacy family tree. Does this include making it more flexible? Like allowing a character to have more than two allies, for example? Or make having combinations of relationships not gray out numerous others? I don't see why a given character can add a child, but not a spouse or a rival simply because of where they appear on the tree, for example.
>

timmyw
07.06.2012 , 07:21 PM | #30
I have been having a lot of trouble with the chat system.

I was wondering are there any plans to implement more features or upgrade it? For example: Click through chat boxes, remembering chat selection and perhaps integrating a VOIP system?