Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for July 13th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for July 13th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Werwers
07.08.2012 , 03:11 AM | #101
There is currently a few new versions of the PvP relic available, most notably the War Hero ones which are best-in-slot even for PvE after patch 1.3. War Hero Relic of imperiling Serenity gives +41 Endurance, +57 Expertise and +113 Defense.

So, my question is this:

Will Campaign Relics have similar versions, which rival the enormous stat boost of the War Hero Relics, made available in the near future?

Styxx
07.08.2012 , 03:26 AM | #102
Are there plans or will we ever have the current Bind on Pickup gear converted into BIND ON LEGACY?

Background: the initial Bind gear was developed to fight off gold sellers. Now, we have LEGACY, which is pretty much account on server. Therefore, bind gear is no longer needed per character, so it can and should be extended to Legacy, or account. It is quality of life, or normality, since we can keep the original idea intact : gear cannot leave the account, but it can be traded freely among the characters within the account, while still preserving the "no GTN sell".

Galdric
07.08.2012 , 03:28 AM | #103
Question regarding color crystals in the future:

I suspect we will be getting more colors, but will these be your traditional colors or more of what i consider awfull to say the least, black core saber colors? personally i hate them and would love to see more traditional type colors, mabye a green that looks a bit more like the ones in the movies.

for example when gaining the lightsaber as a jedi consular on tython, the green blade is or atleast was, when i did the class quest some months back, a diffrent green, it was more white at the core and the green itself was darker.

other colors are also very welcome ofcourse, but please...no black core, i'm sure there are others agreeing with me, just as i'm sure there are people that actually love these colors, but every single crystal added so far, except for the limited white one, have been a black core.

Sarfux
07.08.2012 , 03:49 AM | #104
I am a hardcore roleplayer. As a roleplayer it would be nice to sit back on a couch, and chat with my pals about the galaxy and our whereabouts. When are chat bubbles coming in along with sitting in chairs, stools, couches, beds etc? Thanks BioWare!
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

QuiMarTintinn
07.08.2012 , 04:24 AM | #105
Question about future content:

A while ago Bioware wanted to know which future planets the community would like to see in future content of SWTOR.
The Wookiee planet of Kashyyyk was, in my opinion, most named and favorite of a lot of community members, as well as Wookiee as a playable race. Furthermore, Geonosis, Yavin 4 and Dantooine were highly favorite!
My question is: what will be done with the feedback of the community? Will we see Kashyyyk and the Wookiees or other of the above named planets in future content or will nothing be done with it? I was surprised to see that the planet of Makeb (never saw it in the feedback or heard of this planet) and the introduction of the Cathar-race were announced instead of what was given as feedback!

Greetings

Quimartintinn
Grutas - Level 50 Powertech
Qordas - Level 45 Jedi Guardian
Galecc - Level 22 Scoundrel
Zaynno - Level 21 Commando

lineinfantry
07.08.2012 , 04:46 AM | #106
Do you have any plans to add "unify colors" option for our companions' outfits? It would be nice to have this feature. Another idea is "unify colors to player's character's chestguard" option to create more squad-looking parties.

Nicki_Minaj
07.08.2012 , 06:47 AM | #107
In the last Q&A, it was answered that there may be an address to the "chainability" of skills in the future if they become a problem. Is there any chance that this "chainability" nerf can be implimented to the teams of stun-locking Concealment Operatives rather than nerfing the tree for everyone?

Thanks in advance.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
I might be wrong... but if two troopers can heal a raid just fine... doesn't that make them raid healers?
Quote: Originally Posted by TempestasSilva View Post
Two 1971 Ford pintos can finish a drag race, does that make them race cars?

Fornix
07.08.2012 , 06:56 AM | #108
Currently warzones are all aimed at 8 vs 8 combat. Are there any plans to throw in more variety in terms of numbers, involving more mass styled warzones, eg 48 vs 48. Or smaller squad based pvp, eg 4 vs 4.
Member of <Helix>

SykesNinetyTwo
07.08.2012 , 08:34 AM | #109
Has there been any discussion about possibly implementing reverse-grip lightsaber forms/animations?
The same way Starkiller from "The Force Unleashed" or Ahsoka Tano from "The Clone Wars" wield their sabers?

Forgon
07.08.2012 , 08:42 AM | #110
Is the previously mentioned schedule of monthly patch updates still planned to start happening? As of now, it takes a month of PTS testing for a patch to go live. As a result, patches take, minimally a month and a half to two months because of the delay between developer and community advertisement of any patch, and deploying the patch. With 1.3 now released long after a month since 1.2 but the quote (I am paraphrasing) of content getting pumped out at a fast pace being stated, I am curious if anything has changed.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.