Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Blog Discussion: July 6th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Blog Discussion: July 6th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bought_by_Blood
07.07.2012 , 12:00 PM | #21
Sorry but are people honestly complaining that tank companions are not good enough? I leveled my agent to 50 with Kaliyo as my companion, as a healer it was quite easy to keep her alive while I chipped away at the opponents health. On my Sentinel I used T7 for most of the time, spent some time with Rusk when I got him and now mostly use Lord Scourge, again no issues, they do their job they hold aggro and essentially give you double your health, once your companion dies as a DPS character you should have no problem finishing off the current batch of enemies before you die.

If you are a tanking class using a tanking companion then sure you might have issues but that would reflect your companion choice not the companions ability.

Please leave the tank companions alone, if you have any kind of presence bonuses from your Legacy at all they are very strong. It takes a little bit of effort right now to level, making sure you are using all your abilities properly to get through fights in decent order, taking that out by buffing the tanks would make the leveling process nothing more than a time investment and supremely boring.
You are a warrior. I am a killer. Unleash me on your enemies; but see my example, so that you never become like me. To walk anothers path is to walk a false path.
Nephilhim

Dafroog
07.07.2012 , 01:11 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
Unless the enemy is a melee class, in which case a root is functionally the same as a stun or a mez and should be treated as such, instead of the chain rootfest which goes on now and that was completely missed in the answer given.
Roots can be dispelled fairly easily, call it out for your healer to deal with if its a situation where its important (trying to interupt a cap etc)

It's not as if melee are struggling in pvp atm
opinions are like bacteria, everyone has them but no one wants to take anyone else's on board

Parali
07.07.2012 , 01:33 PM | #23
Greetings,

We just wanted to jump in here and let you know that you can see what topics have been covered in previous Community Q&As by checking out our Community Q&A Archive. We hope this helps as you decide what question to submit for the July 13th Q&A!

To read all our previous Community Q&As, go here.

Deewe
07.07.2012 , 02:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Austin
Taitsuo: Would you guys consider adding root effects to the Resolve bar? At the moment, 3 well-coordinated Gunslingers could permaroot someone (5secs duration, 15 secs cooldown). With ranked warzones, that could mean a lot…

Austin: Resolve is meant to put a lid on effects that take control away from you, the player. It's meant to limit the effectiveness of chain stuns, sleeps, and knockbacks. However, it is not meant to impact the ranged and melee (kiting and anti-kiting) balance of the game. This was a very deliberate measure taken to separate these two different aspects of control. I won't say that we won't limit the "chainability" of roots in the future, but given the amount of skills and abilities that break and cleanse roots and snares at the moment, it's not something we're very concerned about. Of course, we will be keeping an eye on how ranked warzone teams use the tools they have.
Guess you guys are still far away from the reality check.

.......PvP in TOR is named STUN WARS for a reason.

The resolve idea (and I mark my word: idea) is nice but implemented badly.
Not only the roots should affect the resolve bar, but once stunned a player shall not be stunnable at all for at least 30 secs.

The way you implemented it makes it so too often we find ourselves with our keyboard taken away while being ganked. It's fun neither for the people kiting others nor for the people that just can watch their character being killed, without even being able to shoot once.

As soon as you are removing the keyboard from a player you are doing something wrong and btw TOR does this way too often.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Esproc
07.07.2012 , 08:22 PM | #25
Marksman is discussed in PvP terms, nice, as I don't PvP.

Tanking Companions, such as Xalek, well, he is based on the Assassin Darkness tree, so don't expect too much for him.

I've asked about the Enhancements and the discrepancies as they change from one level to the next. I even suggested that they use the 20 + "double" / same spec Enhancements to use for the "Working as Intended" different spec Enhancements, thereby changing their "copy and paste" Enhancements that are the same spec with a different name. Thus they could leave the Enhancements (such as Bastion) in the same spec as it levels rather than change the stats all around and take the "new" spec that it turns into at the next level and put that onto a "Double" / same stat Enhancement and thereby take care of their copy and paste doubles, of which there are a good 20+ same stat Enhancements.

These copy and paste doubles can be found all over the game in supplies and items that you can purchase or create.

This has been going on from the start, but may not be worth it in the long run as the crafting system is broken any road.
In this Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice!

Izorii
07.08.2012 , 10:17 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
I read that as almost everyone needs to unlock Cathar for us to add more races.
This is how I and I think a lot of other people are reading this, I just wonder how Cathar will be unlocked I.E. Credits or legacy level (no credits), or getting a human to 50? I just hope its not credits as I really dont want a Cathar but feel I will have to unlock one just to get species I want to play added.

Tuscad
07.08.2012 , 12:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
This is how I and I think a lot of other people are reading this, I just wonder how Cathar will be unlocked I.E. Credits or legacy level (no credits), or getting a human to 50? I just hope its not credits as I really dont want a Cathar but feel I will have to unlock one just to get species I want to play added.
I believe that they said at E3 "The first race unlocked exclusively through the legacy system" If they did then that means shelling out a ridiculous amount of credits (like everything else Legacy based).
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

YarDellWilliam
07.09.2012 , 12:26 AM | #28
Well I have to give Bioware and Lucasarts more credit with the Legacy System and such but what REALLY gets me going is hearing about new species. I hope to see a few such as Kel Dor, Nautulan, ex. What I really hope they will add onto the family tree like say if your mother was a Sith Warrior, your father was a Bounty Hunter, and you were a Sith Inquisitor to have your parents' force choke and flamethrower acessable whenever. I mean making those moves only useable ONLY durring your Heroic Moments is terrible! They are JUST two moves! Just have their REGUAL COOLDOWNS ON THE LEGACY MOVES! Why put such timely restrictions on them!?! Not like they are going to become cheats or hacks! But all and all I am trully happy to see the game expanding and I egardly await more updates!
Thanks,
Master William Chandler

Krayven
08.15.2012 , 12:59 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Giolon View Post
It seems like the Q&As have been getting shorter and shorter lately. I hope that just means Bioware is busy. I know there have been lots of other questions I'd love to see the answers to (why are re-modding costs SO HIGH?!) I was happy to see some comment on Tank companions b/c if you ask anybody but a Healer about their Tank companions, they'll probably tell you they're worthless.

On the topic of new species, I would give my left arm for playable Togruta. I want to roll a Togruta Sentinel badly.
So very much THIS!!!!

With the upcoming new race (and possible future additions, please please please Togruta) will you be offering a Character re-customisation service (eg race/appearance changes) or do we have to keep some character slots free in the hope of one day seeing the race we want become available?
"Available in your region, Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is not"
Felt a disturbance, Obi Wan has