Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Blog Discussion: July 6th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Blog Discussion: July 6th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tuscad
07.06.2012 , 07:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EATtheDEAD View Post
I liked the question that asked about new playable species' if the Cathar are popular, which ones can we expect to see and such.

Answer: We look for pros and cons!
I read that as almost everyone needs to unlock Cathar for us to add more races.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Suzina
07.06.2012 , 09:59 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EATtheDEAD View Post
I liked the question that asked about new playable species' if the Cathar are popular, which ones can we expect to see and such.

Answer: We look for pros and cons!
Yes, the answer to this question made no sense. I have no idea what idea they were trying to communicate, but none of the words were star wars races.

I don't think they understood the resolve question about roots. It explained why roots aren't part of Resolve, but they didn't really seem to understand how Resolve is viewed by the community, particularly in Huttball. They focused on the melee/ranged aspect of it.
Member of Bane Fleet

Spuck
07.06.2012 , 10:27 PM | #13
I am pleased to finally get, or at least for me... to see... a dev response on the root issue. I agree 100% with how it works currently. My Gunslinger and balance Sage use their roots wisely. Leg Shot and Sever Force are very useful. Yet, they do not prevent the enemy from doing damage. If you do not want that GS or Sage rooting you, then perhaps you should assign someone to take them out. I know I have had many Ops & Assassin's constantly on me in warzones. They did their jobs well. And many times they prevented me from doing my job in preventing the enemy from escaping.
Prophecy of the Five
LEADER OF DESERT ROGUES
"Rubbing elbows with the enemy and playing nice doesn't sit right with me. We should be kicking the Empire's tail off the Promenade." - Corso Riggs

Polebreaker
07.06.2012 , 10:54 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Spuck View Post
Leg Shot and Sever Force are very useful. Yet, they do not prevent the enemy from doing damage.
Unless the enemy is a melee class, in which case a root is functionally the same as a stun or a mez and should be treated as such, instead of the chain rootfest which goes on now and that was completely missed in the answer given.

Rogoo
07.07.2012 , 12:20 AM | #15
Quote:
These specs are also highly cover-dependent, and it has been a difficult task to communicate to players that in most cases they're better off holding their ground than kiting like a Sorcerer or Sage would. Of course, even that depends on having chosen a good cover spot to begin with. We face the issue of rewarding clean shots from cover while not making extended stays overpowered.
Gunslingers need some sort of an escape ability, since staying in place is only viable on 1 vs 1.

If there's 2 vs 1, you're completely toast, since you can't stay in cover and can't kite.

Take away the cheap shot (completely useless) and give us 4 seconds stealth with a 2 minute cooldown.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Dawginole
07.07.2012 , 02:10 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by RichyYoung View Post

Soz but maybe thats ok for some of the classes like assasin and sorc's which the devs seem to love so much but my sentinals a nightmare in pvp, stun stun stun, some of the stuns can last ages.. With no way to break out of it.
This post is dead on. Everyone focuses on Sents (potential) power. Prior to 1.2 we dominated the top of the leaderboards, but since then this is not the case. Sents are at a serious disadvantage in PvP since 1.2. The stuns and roots work well for almost every other class b/c every other class has ranged weaponry. If you are constantly stunned or slowed and cannot close the distance b/c leap is on cd or you've already been knocked back then you are straight up out of the fight. If I take 25% dmg just trying to get to the opponent due to them having ranged damage then I'm already at a serious disadvantage when I've closed that distance. Now at 75% in a 1v1 I should still win that match, but if I get an add I'm dead almost every time unless a healer appears out of nowhere.

imho due to the fact that this class is melee only, the damage per second should obliterate everything else in the game. Keep the stuns the other classes have, keep the cc we have now, but buff dmg. This is without argument the hardest class to manage in the game. Reward the Sent that can close the gap and stay on target and properly manage his abilities and cc's. This is the only way to balance not having ranged and allowing the other classes to keep Sents in check.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Darzil
07.07.2012 , 02:52 AM | #17
Regarding tanking companions, I found on my Healing Commando that I was FAR better off tanking myself with a Healing Companion than trying to keep a Tanking Companion alive with my healing. That suggests a companion balance issue to me.

Rassuro
07.07.2012 , 02:53 AM | #18
Quote:
Austin: Resolve is meant to put a lid on effects that take control away from you, the player.
Are you really saying that the devs are in the extreme minority of people who actually does not consider snares and roots to be forms of crown control?

f the worry is that if snares and roots on resolve would make it too difficult for kiting classes, then in my opinion at the very least something needs to be done about roots, and one possible solution would be to turn them into snares when resolve is full.

Quote:
but given the amount of skills and abilities that break and cleanse roots and snares at the moment, it's not something we're very concerned about.
No where near enough, especially since one of these abilities is the long cooldown CC breaker, which breaks CC, which is what snares and roots are. At the moment we are now required to save the CC breaker for only the types of CC which you have randomly decided to include in resolve.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

smithre
07.07.2012 , 05:41 AM | #19
and for at least the third week in a row, the question regarding the missing and bugged codex entries was ignored...could we please get that answered in next week's Q&A?

kitsunegirl
07.07.2012 , 11:35 AM | #20
Community feedback for what races are wanted?

I'm not too sure Cathar was what the community really wants, but then I cant really speak for everyone, that's just my impression from in-game chat.

I do know that anytime togruta are mentioned as a wished-for playable race a wall of text appears from so many people agreeing.

So thats my input for what race I and many people like me, want: Togruta.