Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enrage, Enrage, Enrage

NoxiousAlby
07.07.2012 , 08:29 AM | #21
I'm undecided on rage timers, that other rpgmmo used to have them but then removed them from the game. I suppose the line of thinking is which is more important 1) know the fight and dance the dance or 2) DPS gearcheck to ensure the boss can be killed before enraging plus #1 ?

As I said the jury is out on whether they should ever have been part of the game in my opinion.

Larry_Dallas
07.07.2012 , 01:49 PM | #22
I used to think enrage was sloppy design, but I guess I'm just so used to it now that it's stopped bothering me.

NasherUK
07.07.2012 , 04:28 PM | #23
They are needed, otherwise you could just bring 4 healers and 4 tanks and pretty much guarantee a kill, making dps classes obsolete.

Besides, a lot of the enrages on bosses are tankable for a short time. It's not like you instantly die when they enrage. You can tank Soa for ages after he enrages.

Karasuko
07.08.2012 , 01:15 AM | #25
Enrage timers are a pretty bad mechanic, but I like them . They tell me whether or not i'm doing enough dps.

Onibubu
07.08.2012 , 05:55 AM | #26
This discussion again...
Enragetimers are a cheap mechanic, i agree with that.
But they are, to some extend, a way to force DPS to do their job!

If you fail at enrage timers, your DPS is doing something horribly wrong.
Analyse why, change it -> profit.

Or: "If they are to strong, you are to weak"
It is realy that easy!
Knights of the Shadows, Vanjervalis Chain - Republik
T1:10/10 NM T2:4/4 HM
http://knightsoftheshadows.de/

Amantino
07.08.2012 , 03:29 PM | #27
Replace all the DPS in your raid group.

elitenz
07.08.2012 , 06:16 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by dudeyoumadbro View Post
I have never had a problem with enrage on any HM EC boss, Granted I agree with the Denova Lag, but once you get that group cohesion you never hit enrage timers
same here

elitenz
07.08.2012 , 06:17 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Retneprac View Post
Seriously Bioware? Ok, so this is going to sound like I'm whining, well, the truth in fact is, that I am whining. There are some operation bosses in this game that just should not have enrage timers, or maybe not a 200% damage increase, maybe a 50% damage increase, or 75%... Take HM Zorn and Toth for example; The mechanics of this fight alone are enough to make you want to rip your damn hair out. So last night 3 or 4 times we get these guys down to 8% (now i have beat them before, have the codex for HM, etc) and BAM, 200% damage increase, raid wipe... Come on guys, game mechanics are superb, people are almost guaranteed to die at least once in this fight if they screw up, but the sudden 200% damage buff followed shortly by a wipe....

This HAS to be one of the major reasons people are leaving this game. I know I'm fed up with it to the point that I just dont want to do it anymore. It's one thing to rely on 1 or 2 people to do their jobs flawleslly, it's another thing entirely to rely on 7 other people + their internet connection + the Denova lag (I think everybody here knows what i'm talking about on this last one). So seriously, is the 200% damage increase and uber short enrage timer REALLY needed? I've seen several groups wipe before they could even hit an enrage timer... I'd really like to see a developer response on this. Why can't you guys come up with something better than a friggin enrage for every dang fight in this game?

Sorry for the complaining, if you have nothing nice to say, go ahead and follow it up, but think about the logic here before you do so. I love mechanics, but the enrage on every single boss has to go.
god help us all if they took those timers out it would make HM worse than SM ops now there HM for a reason so you will hit those timers if your team members DPS are rotten also the placement of the players we kill Z/T easy in HM but all it takes is 1 bad DPS and if that's the case your not ready for a HM EC simple run a dps meter see where the problem is with the DPS in your team then work with the player or players to increase there damage. But asking for enrage timers to be removed will never happen they are there for a reason and that's to make it more of a challange.

Fossman
07.08.2012 , 06:54 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashbrewster View Post
Do more damage
This. if your DPS hasnt done any research on rotations/stats/builds odds are your gona come up short. Beat their asses and make them do more damage .