Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Lag killing Raid's with High instance numbers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Server Lag killing Raid's with High instance numbers

Helvectius
07.27.2012 , 05:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
Has BW officially said it was on our end? I haven't seen anything, and I sincerely doubt they would be so shortsighted to think that.
Look over the forums again, shedloads of people have complained and the standard CS responce is to check YOUR connection. People everywhere complain and get the same responce, bloody bad show inho

alifaraaz
07.27.2012 , 06:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Helvectius View Post
Look over the forums again, shedloads of people have complained and the standard CS responce is to check YOUR connection. People everywhere complain and get the same responce, bloody bad show inho
meh half of CS are probably a bunch of contracted workers who've never played the game.

They did mention Server stability in the Q&A. Although they talked about attempting to solve a bug regarding DCs, surely they are aware of the situation and that these Server Stability fixes are working on the Lag which affects a lot of areas of the game, just more noticeable in the heavily loaded raids. I guess they're loaded much heavier than they ever expected/anticipated.

But it absolutely needs to be sorted asap. Although everything ingame is still kill-able, its far from ideal and can/does result in several wipes. I truly feel bad for guilds trying to learn new fights with this lag, embarking on new progression. Infact the only thing that can be said, is that if they manage to get some progression done :P they deserve some applaud, it's harder than it should be.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Metalmac
07.29.2012 , 12:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
meh half of CS are probably a bunch of contracted workers who've never played the game.

They did mention Server stability in the Q&A. Although they talked about attempting to solve a bug regarding DCs, surely they are aware of the situation and that these Server Stability fixes are working on the Lag which affects a lot of areas of the game, just more noticeable in the heavily loaded raids. I guess they're loaded much heavier than they ever expected/anticipated.

But it absolutely needs to be sorted asap. Although everything ingame is still kill-able, its far from ideal and can/does result in several wipes. I truly feel bad for guilds trying to learn new fights with this lag, embarking on new progression. Infact the only thing that can be said, is that if they manage to get some progression done :P they deserve some applaud, it's harder than it should be.
Yea and even more so when the server is resetting mobs also.
So now you have to redo what you have done, and you get group freeze while attempting to down a boss.

Chaori
07.30.2012 , 04:21 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
I truly feel bad for guilds trying to learn new fights with this lag, embarking on new progression.
It's not just guilds doing progression. My guild has had HM EC on farm for months now and sometimes we can spend up to an hour wiping on Zorn & Toth because of the amount of lag people get during the rock-phase. We raid at 7:30-10:30 AEST (peak time) and from 7:30 to about 8:30 it is horrendous lag and then it gradually gets better as more and more people give up in EC. It is game breaking and needs to be fixed.

But BioWare will do what they do best - ignore the community and blame everyone but themselves.

JamieM
07.31.2012 , 03:09 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
But BioWare will do what they do best - ignore the community and blame everyone but themselves.
IT really is astounding how there is no official acknowledgement of this yet. My guess is that BW are working on it but don't want to draw attention to the problem by having a CS rep acknowledge it when no fix is in site. They used this approach with a few other annoying bugs, such as the Sith Pureblood helmet issue and famously with the Soa bugs and suddenly after x amount of weeks/months they were fixed.

My guess is this will go on for a few more weeks and suddenly we'll see a correction in one of the patch notes along the lines of: "Fixed a latency issue in the Explosive Conflict Operation which caused some players to yadda yadda yadda".

Kobelayton
07.31.2012 , 08:06 AM | #26
We've had lag spikes-o-plenty with only 20 in the instance. Maybe the Denova servers are Dial-up?

Pangscar
07.31.2012 , 05:03 PM | #27
IMO this should be THE #1 priority.
Before any more OPs are released they need to figure out A. How to better de-bug the content and B. FIX THE LAG!

Sadly though I fear EA's priority is on shady cash grabs like adding a F2P option. They keep this up and there will be no more Subbed players just the F2Prs. Because honestly the current state of OP's in this game is NOT worth a sub fee.
My chains are broken.The Force shall free me.

Precision Sith Raiding guild

Metalmac
08.01.2012 , 01:36 PM | #28
Ok here is my investigation of the problem and it is at the BioWare end!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ght=server+lag

I fully explain with links that Comcast blocks any TRACEROUTE or PINGPATH for Denial of Service reasons.

By the way most big Internet Service Providers (ISP) all block like Comcast does.

Yet BioWare tells us to use a tool that no longer works like it used to, Trace Route and Ping Path are very old.

I also provide another tool to use to test your network for network management lag. See ShaperProbeTest