Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WoW Has Made Us Soft

12.18.2011 , 09:13 PM | #1
So many of the complaints I see on these forums seem to correlate with updates Blizzard has made to WoW in the latter half of its existence...

Can't re-spec your advanced class? Re-level the advanced class you want! I hope Bioware never lets us automatically play a different class of almost max level because you already have one maxed out character.

No group finder? Oh noes, we have to actually speak with people on our server in general chat and can't just group randomly with folks from any server, and quietly run a joke dungeon without any coordination what so ever?

Not enough quests to level solo with? Um, grind. Or don't play a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online game. Make e-friends, its good for you. God, even WoW had a fairly crappy grind during certain spots in the game. Deal with it.

Out-leveling content? I haven't gotten past level 12 yet, but I assume you're allowed to do quests that yield no experience. I could be wrong on this. Yet another thing WoW changed during its reign.

Faction Imbalances, how do we remedy them? How about re-roll to the opposite faction. Quit expecting other people to do it instead. Have a guild already you love? Then resign yourself to having long PvP queues. Already level 30 or more? Its only been a few days, it won't take you long to fight your way back up to that level as a reroll. No solutions are made by expecting everyone else to do the dirty work.

I just keep seeing, "the game doesn't have this" or "the game doesn't have that", and it all sounds like things that Blizzard changed to WoW, that in many player's opinions, slowly brought about the ruin of the game for people who appreciate a challenge or actually having to take the long way to do something. Blizzard's changes really took away the community aspect of each server, and to me, it took away much of the fun.

I think Bioware has done an excellent job so far. I personally hope they don't cave to most of the requests people have made, simply to keep their subs. If you are already unhappy with this game, by all means, please go back and play WoW. The rest of us will thank you when it takes less time to log in to the currently full servers.

Obviously there are reasonable requests being thrown around out there. But c'mon, WoW went years without many of the customizable options they have today, and many of us loved the game more back then than we do today. I wish I could say that I played MMOs before WoW, because from what I understand, things like death penalties, farming mobs for days to get rare items, were pretty prevalent. And yet, people have incredibly fond memories of those games. Buck up, kids. Or go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

12.18.2011 , 09:15 PM | #2
I like everything you put but group finder.

12.18.2011 , 09:15 PM | #3
Damn you're preachy.
And what's wrong with Hello Kitty Island Adventure? That game rocked.

12.18.2011 , 09:16 PM | #4
I did not read your post but only the title.

I agree.

This is not WoW, and hopefully never will be. ****.

12.18.2011 , 09:16 PM | #5
It was a nice post until..

Out-leveling content? I haven't gotten past level 12 yet
Come back later

12.18.2011 , 09:18 PM | #6
It's great with no group finder, definitely more interaction.

Made a few new friends as a result and got some guild recruits to boot, good quality people.

As for everything else

Very happy with the state of the brand new minty out of the box game so far.
-Crash the Silence for the Sake of memory-

-Proud member of Tranquility-

- Windows 7, Intel core i5 2500, 8GB ram, PNY nVidia GTX 460 1GB video card.-
-Squadron 367-

12.18.2011 , 09:18 PM | #7
What are you talking about this is just WoW but in space o.O

12.18.2011 , 09:19 PM | #8
Damn you're right OP
Boomstick - Commando
Snickers - Sentinel
Guild - Mayhem

12.18.2011 , 09:20 PM | #9
I admit there are likely things I will not understand until I've gotten to a higher level. I just fear that the overwhelming masses of complaints will sway Bioware and turn this game into WoW simply to keep subs.

So many people have waited years for this game, and I think those are the people that will stick around through tough times, but will likely leave and be ultimately disappointed when the game goes the way of the dodo... I mean, WoW.

12.18.2011 , 09:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyranox View Post
I like everything you put but group finder.
I would support a server LFG system, but not a cross-server one

I strongly believe that the cross server LFG tool in WoW destroyed the community. People can act however they please now without consequence because they can still find a group to do dungeons/heroics that have never experienced their "bad" behaviour

I survived the release date speculation thread