Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Mace never won the duel?...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
So Mace never won the duel?...

Malrus
07.06.2012 , 10:31 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
*brofist* I lol'ed at that. I wish Lee had a larger role in ep. 3. They killed him off to fast imo.
That opinion you have just so happens to be the right one.

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=br...9,r:0,s:0,i:73

Jonoku
07.06.2012 , 10:38 AM | #22
Mace won the duel against Palpatine but you can always say that Palpatine was acting weak so anakin could feel bad for Palpatine. You can say it was never a real duel, all kinds of debates of what really happened, did Palpatine dueled in a serious manner? or did he just act weak so anakin could feel bad for palpatine?

Aurbere
07.06.2012 , 10:39 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Malrus View Post
That opinion you have just so happens to be the right one.

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=br...9,r:0,s:0,i:73
That just made my day. Good one sir.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Captain_Zone
07.06.2012 , 08:25 PM | #24
What's funny is that I can picture Samuel Jackson saying that.
Which is why I LOL'd in the first place!
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Aurbere
07.06.2012 , 09:37 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Which is why I LOL'd in the first place!
I could also see Obi-Wan saying that too. of course he would have to be in Trollesu form to do so.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Captain_Zone
07.06.2012 , 10:43 PM | #26
I could also see Obi-Wan saying that too. of course he would have to be in Trollesu form to do so.
Obi-Wan activates Trollface defense, and launches his TrollPWN attack with the goad word "Oldylocks" at Palpatine, causing Pally to break down in tears and debuffing his damage resistance by 100%.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

NadiusMaximus
07.07.2012 , 01:27 AM | #27
Palpatine knew mace couldn't kill him, so he let him " win" in order for anakin to step up and turn dark side by killing mace.

Same thing he did with Luke....fought..faked being beaten.....zap..zap....except Vader had to step in and save him, which is what he should have done in the first place when he had the same encounter before. This is how he redeemed himself.

Lord_Karsk
07.07.2012 , 05:36 AM | #28
Yes Mace wonn the lightsaber dual, but if he would have wonn against Sidious force power after that dual no one but George Lucas know.

Kaisernick
07.07.2012 , 07:36 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Yes Mace wonn the lightsaber dual, but if he would have wonn against Sidious force power after that dual no one but George Lucas know.
this^
the duel of sabers i think its clear that mace won but sidious didnt want to just kill him he needed anikan to throw off all ties to the jedi and i think attacking mace would do just that.