Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swkotor

HaleLightmight
07.05.2012 , 10:10 PM | #1
Does anyone else remember playing knights of the old repubilc?because when i went to taris with my gunsliger i found the endar spire.i felt kindof said and wanted to play that game again.does anyone else feel kind of bummed because when all those people are going a round looking for all the holojournals about the people and the promiesd land,they'll have zero idea that YOU where the one who lead them there,YOU where the person that gave them hope to go their because YOU went into the sewers and found all three journals and gave them to rukil wrikle skin.it was YOU.it was THE PLAYER who did it. did anyone else feel like that when they went on taris?just wondering

Blackridah
07.05.2012 , 10:20 PM | #2
Well I played this first and then KOTOR so when I got to that part I was like oh damn these guys are screwed lol.

ATroch
07.05.2012 , 10:27 PM | #3
k what?

InnerPieces
07.05.2012 , 10:28 PM | #4
I loved visiting Taris in TOR having played both KOTRO and KOTRO 2. Personally, I enjoy seeing the passage of time from one game to the next. I'm glad Taris was handled the way it was. It shows the galaxy (at least in BioWare's vision) evolves and can change. I don't know. I thought it was cool finding things I recognized in the rubble and remembering how things were and seeing how they are now. Life changes and we have to accept that. I'd have been disappointed if nothing significant had changed in the galaxy over the years between KOTRO 2 and TOR.

Oh, and specifically to this point:

"they'll have zero idea that YOU where the one who lead them there,YOU where the person that gave them hope to go their because YOU went into the sewers and found all three journals and gave them to rukil wrikle skin.it was YOU.it was THE PLAYER who did it."

No. It's a story. As a writer, I feel no remorse over any characters that die because I wrote them that way. It's the same with video games. As a video game player (or, in this case, an MMO paying customer) I am making decisions for fictional characters who affect fictional places and things. None of this is real. At least, in regards to how non-player characters or non-player places are affected. You should keep that in mind. You might sleep better at night. There is no need to mourn over all the dead of Taris. They were never real to begin with. /comfort

Do you feel remorse for all the pretend beings you've personally pretended to slay in any video game you've played?

Feel not for the Koopas, my friend, for they feel not for you.
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

ZirusZero
07.05.2012 , 10:36 PM | #5
Spoiler
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Rafaman
07.05.2012 , 11:05 PM | #6
I must admit, it was a bit nostalgic. I always hoped they made it. But from the holos, it all went wrong. Just like Taris in a sense. I really like that they included that call back. There are several other moments like that, and more to come as well.

HaleLightmight
07.10.2012 , 09:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by InnerPieces View Post
Oh, and specifically to this point:

"they'll have zero idea that YOU where the one who lead them there,YOU where the person that gave them hope to go their because YOU went into the sewers and found all three journals and gave them to rukil wrikle skin.it was YOU.it was THE PLAYER who did it."

No. It's a story. As a writer, I feel no remorse over any characters that die because I wrote them that way. It's the same with video games. As a video game player (or, in this case, an MMO paying customer) I am making decisions for fictional characters who affect fictional places and things. None of this is real. At least, in regards to how non-player characters or non-player places are affected. You should keep that in mind. You might sleep better at night. There is no need to mourn over all the dead of Taris. They were never real to begin with. /comfort

Do you feel remorse for all the pretend beings you've personally pretended to slay in any video game you've played?

Feel not for the Koopas, my friend, for they feel not for you.
well,i'll tell ya,i'm not a very big mario fan, so i don't feel for the koopas,or the mushroom people or bowser or anyone that. i feel for people i can relate to in the movies and games.like tron,from the new movie disney put out .i feel for people like revan,who feel lost and alone.i feel for people that don't feel like they fit in,you can call me crazy all you wish,but i feel for the little kid who just lost both of his parents in a freak accident and never got the chance to say goodbye to the only people in the world who would ever love him.

so let me ask you,my friend,

do you feel anything at all? do you feel any remorse for people who live on the streets,with no one to care wheather they live or die?

have you ever though about that? because thats what i think of when i kill those "pretend beings"

vian
07.10.2012 , 09:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by HaleLightmight View Post
Does anyone else remember playing knights of the old repubilc?because when i went to taris with my gunsliger i found the endar spire.i felt kindof said and wanted to play that game again.does anyone else feel kind of bummed because when all those people are going a round looking for all the holojournals about the people and the promiesd land,they'll have zero idea that YOU where the one who lead them there,YOU where the person that gave them hope to go their because YOU went into the sewers and found all three journals and gave them to rukil wrikle skin.it was YOU.it was THE PLAYER who did it. did anyone else feel like that when they went on taris?just wondering
At first, I have to admit, I was somewhat bummed that they didn't make it; especially when I tried to estimate how long they did survive, albeit in increasingly rotten circumstances.

Spoiler

But then I thought ... if I hadn't led them there, they would have perished in the bombardment, probably crushed by falling hospitals, which sets the irony meter waaaaaaay too high for my liking.
Two blasters; no waiting!

InnerPieces
07.11.2012 , 12:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by HaleLightmight View Post
well,i'll tell ya,i'm not a very big mario fan, so i don't feel for the koopas,or the mushroom people or bowser or anyone that. i feel for people i can relate to in the movies and games.like tron,from the new movie disney put out .i feel for people like revan,who feel lost and alone.i feel for people that don't feel like they fit in,you can call me crazy all you wish,but i feel for the little kid who just lost both of his parents in a freak accident and never got the chance to say goodbye to the only people in the world who would ever love him.

so let me ask you,my friend,

do you feel anything at all? do you feel any remorse for people who live on the streets,with no one to care wheather they live or die?

have you ever though about that? because thats what i think of when i kill those "pretend beings"
Well, I guess this is the difference: I separate real life from fiction. Sure, I would feel remorse if the beings I was killing or otherwise harming were real. I do feel bad for the homeless who didn't put themselves there for making poor life choices. At the same time, the fact that video game creatures (and those in movies, etc) are not real removes any guilt associated with it. Otherwise, why would I ever torture myself by playing most video games?

Yes, I do have empathy and when I watch a movie I do feel for the characters. To me, that is the entire point of watching a movie. However, I get over it fairly quick. Ever heard "it's just a movie?" That's why people say it. It's just a movie. Just like this is just a video game.

No hard feelings. It's cool that you are so empathetic. I do get what you're saying. Yes, I did feel a little sad upon discovering the fate of Taris, but it was the same as when I feel for a character in a movie. I felt it. I acknowledged it (actually thinking it was cool that a story evoked some sort of reaction), but then I moved on. Honestly, I only responded because it seemed like you were taking it a little too hard. Again, it's all good with me that you have a lingering feeling. I'd say embrace it because it's amazing when a story is so well written (especially in a video game) that it leaves lingering feelings.

Honestly, if my fiction writing evokes that sort of response from people, I'd feel pretty darn talented.

I still think seeing the effects of time (good or bad) is a cool feature of playing SWTOR after having played the first two in the series though.

Take care.
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

Baphomet_x
07.11.2012 , 12:44 AM | #10
i think they desperately need to borrow from kotor 1 and 2`s power..use those discs like a holocron man!

there are alot of things that could be taken straight out of kotor,polished up abit,and make stunning additions to the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC1MsX0Qsao
post this link in your signature...use this link to help people understand where the future is going,why,and what to do about it
"Knights of the old republic-sub" since may 2012