Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game possibly has the worst UI of all time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This game possibly has the worst UI of all time

Evenios
12.18.2011 , 09:34 PM | #11
The UI Is not that bad, aside from some text size issues i found it OK i guess from the hardcore pvp/raider perspecitve maybe its not the best in the world but honestly i find it easier to use then Galaxies interface was so for me its good enough :-)

Vineheart
12.18.2011 , 09:38 PM | #12
The current UI "works" and thats good enough for now. Once the game gets going, server issues are done with, people figure out what they want to play, how they want to play, etc etc, THEN better UIs will be a priority.

Also,

inb4 addon support.

skaaz
12.18.2011 , 09:41 PM | #13
It will get better. And yea I totally agree its pretty bad at the moment.

What’s next for The Old Republic

lesedwards
12.18.2011 , 11:01 PM | #14
You obviously haven't ever played Skyrim.

Overtone
12.18.2011 , 11:02 PM | #15
The AH interface is horrible as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
If I can use blue 46s armorings/mods/enhancements in all of my armor and mh/oh and have competitive stats in a PvP environment, why cant I use that same gear to be competitive in PvE?
Seems like a double standard to me.

Karees
12.18.2011 , 11:07 PM | #16
UI is an issue for myself as well. As well as not being able to permanently rebind my keys to what I want. Being able to setup the UI bar would be wonderful for me. Just that would be a MAJOR improvement.

I use the Logitech G13 for my MMO play, I find it works very well for how I like to play as it gives a large amount of buttons to use for the skills that are available. I don't need dps meters or the like, but the ability to move stuff around and customize the look would be a wonderful improvement.

Feyero
12.18.2011 , 11:09 PM | #17
you can move the chat box if you drag with by the tabs.

but i agree, the UI blows. You need to be able to move EVERY window. and I hate how if I open my inventory and then I open my map, it closes my inventory. Let me open as many windows as I want and move them around as much as I want. Windows will block the chat box and i have to close the other window to be able to see chat. its very annoying.

ChazDoit
12.18.2011 , 11:10 PM | #18
Is people so bad at gaming that require everything in a silver plate? Mods, Custom UI, we didn't have any on that nonsense before and we managed.

Feyero
12.18.2011 , 11:12 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ChazDoit View Post
Is people so bad at gaming that require everything in a silver plate? Mods, Custom UI, we didn't have any on that nonsense before and we managed.
people also used to manage without electricity. what's your point?

RachelAnne
12.18.2011 , 11:13 PM | #20
I like the UI, i has everything I need - I can disable or enable windows, just how I want to. What else do you need?