Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game possibly has the worst UI of all time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This game possibly has the worst UI of all time

Kwll
12.18.2011 , 09:10 PM | #1
Seriously there is a lot to like about this game but how can you have an interface where you can't move all the items in it to where you like? Also, whats with all the interface bugs. Why can't I heal in a Warzone because my group mates health doesn't update? Little things like this are going to cost this game big time if they aren't fixed ASAP. They are almost inexcusable really.

Bloodylittle
12.18.2011 , 09:11 PM | #2
use the force...move the windows
<3

MasterEddard
12.18.2011 , 09:12 PM | #3
Bioware will be releasing addon and UI tools in time. I think it's one of their main priorities.

McAvinue
12.18.2011 , 09:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodylittle View Post
use the force...move the windows
Pretty sure you cannot move the windows. If you can please educate me, as I need to know this.
- McAvinue

Kolreth
12.18.2011 , 09:14 PM | #5
No you can't move any part of the UI except for resizing/making new chat windows. And for some stupid reason the left hand quickslot bars' top quickslot is half covered by the chat window by DEFAULT! Whose dumb idea was that?

miketallica
12.18.2011 , 09:20 PM | #6
Yea the UI is pretty utilitarian right now but there are a lot of really good examples out there that I'm sure BW is looking at. I don't know where they got their info but some posters here have said a new UI revamp is in the works to be ready after the holidays.

*fingers crossed*

Ashanor
12.18.2011 , 09:30 PM | #7
Worse than Asheron's Call? I think not.

Pheroras
12.18.2011 , 09:30 PM | #8
overall i would say this is the one thing that is lacking and evident from early gameplay, it should also be one of the easiest to fix.
an option for resizing and moving the elements around on the hud would be much appreciated here.
"I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

warmark
12.18.2011 , 09:33 PM | #9
obviously you never played EQ when it launched, not that was horrible.

Dark_Larva
12.18.2011 , 09:33 PM | #10
I agree, this UI is abhorrent. I love the rest of the game to pieces but can't get over the horrid UI. The UI is thankfully not a game breaking issue for me, but it doesn't make me happy either. It COULD turn into a game breaking issue if it doesn't see any improvements over the next few months though.