Player option to toggle PVP off in preferences

LordShanon

DISCLAIMER

Bare in mind that this post is suggestion and request to BIOWARE for the option to keep PVP toggled off unless it's UNCHECKED in the preferences.

This will allow players who do NOT wish to PVP in any capacity to avoid the frustration of other players whom are PVP flagged to harass them. If that player wished to engage in PVP at a later time, they can go into their preferences and uncheck the PVP OPT OUT button.

Please note, if you're going to reply, be respectful. Rude and disparaging remarks do not help a player's voice be heard. I know I'm not the only one that is constantly plagued by this issue.

I'm one of many that does not engage or enjoy Player Versus Player game play.

I'm on a PVE server. If I wished to PVP, I'd have made my characters on a player versus player server.

PVP WORLD HARASSMENT, the main reason for this request.

There are a couple of instances recently that I ran into where flagged PVP landed up ruining getting a heroic mission completed.

Tatooine: There's a mission called "Search and Rescue" which is a four player mission. One of our team was flagged. (He decided to stay flagged even after we had asked him to unflag Note: We were level 28's) As we progressed through to the objective, the healer healed him and became flagged too. Shortly after that a level 50 Bounty Hunter showed up and ripped them both a new one. This was a great "I told you so" moment, but the beat down was shame enough for not having the foresight.

Illum: I usually do my Illum dailies as we all do to generate some cash. (So when I'm there I stay the hell out of the PVP area as I do not wish to participate in PVP.) As I was merrily going about my business, two flagged players from the opposite faction showed up and began attacking my targets. I avoided them but for some reason my "BELOVED" companion decided to pop off a shot at the flagged guy which in turn.... FLAGGED ME. Needless to say with two of them I didn't last a few seconds.

PVP is great if you are an enthusiast and it's not so great when it's used as a GRIEFING tool to harass players and ruin their fun. I'm not slamming PVP, it's just a form of the game I and many other do not enjoy. More power to you if you do. I just want to have fun and stick to my boring old PVE.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this lengthy post. May the force be with you!

I'm not seeing anything inherently flawed in the current flagging mechanic. You chose to group with flagged players, despite knowing the consequences of doing so. You did not maintain control of your companion in a situation where you knew the consequences of doing so.

The flagging mechanic is designed to prevent all manner of griefing that can occur when someone is aiding players participating in pvp whilst being invulnerable from it. Your "solution" would cause more problems than it solves.

Don't hang out with or near flagged players. Learn to control your pet in dicey situations. Problem solved!

You don't have to group with flagged players.

this is pretty much it!

I know on Ilum I refuse to group with flagged players when im doing my dailies

Wasnt much of a issue leveling up I gotta admit but if it is

Dont group flagged players and if they refuse to deflag after groupped, kick them

they will get the message fast enough

this is pretty much it!

I know on Ilum I refuse to group with flagged players when im doing my dailies

Wasnt much of a issue leveling up I gotta admit but if it is

Dont group flagged players and if they refuse to deflag after groupped, kick them

they will get the message fast enough

Now I have to say, I do like the way you think. Sadly sometimes we're not the group leader. But good point. Still it would be nice not to have to suffer the PVP plague.

A problem with this option is it means that PVPers could go in flagged, have healers with the perm unflag option on who couldn't be attacked. This wouldn't work.

However what might work is if you couldnt take any action on PVP flagged people unless you too were PVP flagged.

well - I am annoyed by the auto-flag feature as well and I would like to opt-out.

the but-you-could-help-the-pvp guy can be avoided, that you are unable to buff, heal and friendly flagged player and unable to cast spells to opposing faction players.

Problem solved, I am free of the PVP annoyance - can group with PVP lovers and won´t get the pvp flag by accident. Of course if the player wants to get some healing from he he´s free to unflag pvp.

With a specific opt-out option nearly everything can stay as it is. Logic wise instead of flagging me for pvp the abilities will simply fail and I won´t loose a night´s sleep for being unable to heal a refusing to adjust pvp player.

Your "solution" has flaws. Are YOU ever in control of what opposing faction is flagged and hanging out around you OR jumping in front of you while you're fighting something to keep from dying? Well clearly you don't think and YOUR aim is to just open your mouth and grief. You're a TROLL sir!

Situational awareness is an important skill in MMOs. This is true of PvE and PvP play. You made no mention of stealth classes, which would indicate that while you DID not see them coming, you COULD have. Try playing with your camera zoomed farther out.

(Also, with the default settings Ctrl-2 will put your pet on passive as soon as possible. Might wanna brush up on your keybinds & give it a whirl.)

i watched a repub attempt his ilum dailies when a decked out (pvp) IA healer came by and started healing the repubs target. the repubs name went from blue to green then dead as the agent wiped the floor with him. i should have helped but i could not stop laughing.

protect yourself at all times.