Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LFG Tool.

Siarris
07.05.2012 , 04:45 PM | #1
So, i'm a sorcerer DD, queuing as a DD. Some magic happens and i'm invited as a healer. 3 times in a row.
And, no i am 300% sure that i'm queuing as DD only. Say hello to 15 min lockouts and 30 min wait time.
Then even worse. A group was found to Lost Island HM. After couple of wipes there and there we kicked our healer because he was not able to do his part good enough. We enter the queue again and then magic - i'm a healer and a DD gets invited. I tell him what the problem is and he leaves. And after that the tool won't let me be a DD in this copy of instance anymore. I triplechecked that i indeed do not have a "healer" box checked, we try passing lead from one to another, updating roles and lots of other voodoo stuff but i'm still a healer. We tried to wait for replacement and - again a DD gets invited.
Awesome, say hello to 15 min lockout, 30 min wait time and bye-bye to a half finished instance.
Yay!

Khevar
07.05.2012 , 05:32 PM | #2
I've run into this exact same problem, but from the other direction -- people who show up in my group marked as tanks or healers who aren't. They point out they only checked dps, and gracefully bow out of the instance so we can requeue a replacement. One of my guildmates is a shadow dps and has been queued as a tank so many times he's stopped using the lfg tool.

I've been anxiously awaiting this to show up as fixed in patch notes, but I unless I've missed it, I haven't even seen any official acknowledgement of it as a bug.

grallmate
07.05.2012 , 05:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Siarris View Post
So, i'm a sorcerer DD, queuing as a DD. Some magic happens and i'm invited as a healer. 3 times in a row.
And, no i am 300% sure that i'm queuing as DD only. Say hello to 15 min lockouts and 30 min wait time.
Then even worse. A group was found to Lost Island HM. After couple of wipes there and there we kicked our healer because he was not able to do his part good enough. We enter the queue again and then magic - i'm a healer and a DD gets invited. I tell him what the problem is and he leaves. And after that the tool won't let me be a DD in this copy of instance anymore. I triplechecked that i indeed do not have a "healer" box checked, we try passing lead from one to another, updating roles and lots of other voodoo stuff but i'm still a healer. We tried to wait for replacement and - again a DD gets invited.
Awesome, say hello to 15 min lockout, 30 min wait time and bye-bye to a half finished instance.
Yay!
I've noticed the roles being wrong as well. But in terms of LI HM, just untick tier 2 HMs. Unless you are a glutton for punishment or queuing a full group its not worth using LFG for Tier 2 at this stage.

squashlord
07.06.2012 , 06:20 AM | #4
heh tried the same, almost ran a completely run before i saw i was there as DD and not healer i que as

Alastasia
07.08.2012 , 12:37 PM | #5
Same problem as OP. Queue as dps. Always get put in group as heals. Makes LFG unusable unless queuing as a fully formed group. Sorry bout the general chat spam guys, but it is the only way to effectively employ the LFG tool at this time. Spam for group, form group, queue for fp, collect comms upon completion. Same process for use with SM ops, except even this method does not always work as, often times, the LFG will queue a tank as dps and we get the error of not having proper group comp. Ironic actually, since it requires you have two tanks, even though only one is necessary in EV, but when you have two tanks, it bugs and changes one to dps and won't let you start the instance. LOL!

lynspottery
07.08.2012 , 02:48 PM | #6
Every time I have been in the LFG que, my selections are both dps and heals. I uncheck the heals but when we go in, I find that selection has reset to both. It appears the LFG needs a lot of work yet to make it efficient and useful.

We are constantly having issues with this resetting folk's role.
lynspottery Member of Old Timers Guild
Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama......All About The Fun

CBRGhostRider
07.10.2012 , 12:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
Every time I have been in the LFG que, my selections are both dps and heals. I uncheck the heals but when we go in, I find that selection has reset to both. It appears the LFG needs a lot of work yet to make it efficient and useful.
^^ This.

One time I magically saw an "Update Roles" button show up underneath, I clicked it, and then my roles did not reset. However this button isn't always available, and when it isn't my roles end up being reset.

lynspottery
07.16.2012 , 10:36 AM | #8
/bump

I am hoping development sees these comments
lynspottery Member of Old Timers Guild
Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama......All About The Fun

hulhu
08.06.2012 , 06:11 AM | #9
Isame is hapen to me too

Vegabond
08.06.2012 , 06:33 AM | #10
Nonsense, right before you hit ready you see the Green Healer symbol. Hit decline.