Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augmentation

Sporadicus
07.05.2012 , 04:52 AM | #1
Hey guys, I have been playing for awhile and never really decided to get into augmention but now as you don't need to craft I thought I may aswell, so can anyone explain to me what it is, I know it's like adding a normal mod.. more or less, I think, but anymore of a better explanation before I do it would be great

Slamuel
07.05.2012 , 05:13 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sporadicus View Post
Hey guys, I have been playing for awhile and never really decided to get into augmention but now as you don't need to craft I thought I may aswell, so can anyone explain to me what it is, I know it's like adding a normal mod.. more or less, I think, but anymore of a better explanation before I do it would be great
You may already know this, but to augment your gear is to better it by adding extra stats with a extra mod. To augment your gear, you must procure an augment kit. These can be found on the GTN in Miscelanneous or crafted. There are six tier of kits. These range from MK-1 to MK-6. As an example, If I wanted to put the highest level of augment in my gear, level 49-50, I would have to use an Mk-6 slot. MK-1 is the worst, and MK-6 is the highest. However, unless I am not mistaken, you can use a higher kit than is needed for your level if you are a lower level, and may put any level of augment mod into that slot, if it is equal or lower on level. Each tier of slot has a max level of the augment you can put in. To actually augment a piece, find a modification station, and place the gear you would like to augment on the table. Then, click on Add Augment. This will give you a choice of the augment slot tier. Choose the tier that you have a kit for. It will cost you money, depending on the level of the slot. MK-6 is 30K, and the rest go down from highest to lowest. Then, you just hit the create or apply button, and your gear has an augment slot. Then, you can craft an augment mod or buy one off the GTN. So yes, the augment is like an extra mod. I am sorry if you knew most of this, but since I wasnt sure, I went into detail.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the EU.

Sporadicus
07.05.2012 , 05:26 AM | #3
Thanks alot buddy, you've explained it all :>
I only had a ruff idea but nothing concrete.

thanks again :>

Slamuel
07.05.2012 , 05:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sporadicus View Post
Thanks alot buddy, you've explained it all :>
I only had a ruff idea but nothing concrete.

thanks again :>
no problem.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the EU.