Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot Transfer Characters: Destination Server “Unavailable”

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cannot Transfer Characters: Destination Server “Unavailable”

GameManX
07.05.2012 , 03:47 AM | #1
BioWare
Please make additional Destination Servers available. I have 7 Legacy enabled characters stuck on a dead
Original Server, both servers that I was playing on has the same Destination Server.

I have already transferred 8 characters to the one Destination Server assigned.
I am not asking for additional Character Slots, I'm asking for additional Destination Servers.

Sorry I was not clear in my Original Post..
not everyone believes what I believe, but my beliefs do not require them to.

Roalmo
07.05.2012 , 06:01 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by GameManX View Post
BioWare
Please make additional Destination Servers available. I have 7 Legacy enabled characters stuck on a dead
Original Server, both servers that I was playing on has the same Destination Server.

Please Help!!
Seems we with the same problem are the "forgotten ones".

therandyman
07.05.2012 , 06:39 AM | #3
I'm one of those too. I've decided to wait until the next full round of transfers, whatever form it takes.

Patience is *still* a virtue.

Parali
07.05.2012 , 06:42 AM | #4
Greetings,

Additional character slots is one of the more popular player requests, especially now that the character transfers are underway. Lead Game Designer Daniel Erickson answered this question in a recent Community Q&A:

Quote:
Fireblazer: Any chance we will be able to get extra character slots for a server in the future. Maybe as part of the legacy system?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): There will definitely be more slots appearing in the near future. Stay tuned for details.

We hope this gives a little more insight. Thank you!

MasterKayote
07.05.2012 , 08:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Parali View Post
Greetings,

Additional character slots is one of the more popular player requests, especially now that the character transfers are underway. Lead Game Designer Daniel Erickson answered this question in a recent Community Q&A:

[/color]
Why do I get the feeling "near future" is more like 3 months down the lines like ... ooooh ... 1.4?

Urael
07.05.2012 , 09:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKayote View Post
Why do I get the feeling "near future" is more like 3 months down the lines like ... ooooh ... 1.4?
Soon (™).

MasterKayote
07.05.2012 , 09:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Soon (™).
Yup. "Soon" could be 3 days, months or years depending on who said it. Damned relativity.

Ill never understand why simple things like this take so long to get done. I dont see a change like this coming anywhere outside of a content patch either.

irishfino
07.05.2012 , 09:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Parali View Post
Greetings,

[/color]
They weren't asking for more character slots, they were asking for more destination servers.

Quote: Originally Posted by GameManX View Post
BioWare

Please Help!!
Even if there were more character slots, with their destination server being full, they wouldn't be able to transfer those characters anyway.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Urael
07.05.2012 , 09:26 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKayote View Post
Yup. "Soon" could be 3 days, months or years depending on who said it. Damned relativity.

Ill never understand why simple things like this take so long to get done. I dont see a change like this coming anywhere outside of a content patch either.
Meh ... Extra slots, Group Finder, The Entire Legacy, etc., etc...... should have ... wait for it ...

Been in the game before it even launched.

I am telling my friends, at this point in time SWTOR is not "ready" and they should wait a year or two to play. IF it survives that, and eventually rolls all the features it should have launched with (and iron's out many of the bugs and load issues) into the game it may attract more players.

For now, I am having fun grinding alts and following the stories. So for me SWTOR works as a fine single player RPG that I can interact with others from time to time.

Urael
07.05.2012 , 09:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Even if there were more character slots, with their destination server being full, they wouldn't be able to transfer those characters anyway.
The title of this thread is misleading. The "destination server is full" ONLY from the OP's perspective reguarding the amount of characters he would like to have on the destination server.