Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WIndowed Mode & Keyboard in the Background?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
WIndowed Mode & Keyboard in the Background?

Diaboliclol
07.04.2012 , 10:20 PM | #1
Hi! Okay so I'm really bad at explaining things but I'll do my best to. So I play SWToR in Bootcamp since I'm on a Mac so I use an apple keyboard. I'm not really sure if this is relevant, just so you know lol (: But incase it is, I thought I'd start off with that.

So, I play in Windowed mode. I like doing other things like going on Facebook while I have SWToR running in the background behind my browser (Google chrome..again, not sure if that's relevant)

The problem is, when I'm doing something such as typing in a URL address into my browser, it's like I'm typing those letters in game as well, because my character starts walking around or jumping or doing whatever I am doing as if I'm typing in SWToR but I'm actually typing in my browser.

Does that make sense? lol i hope so!! Cause I'm wondering if there is any way to make it so that it will stop? Pretty much, so my typing isn't recognized in the background in SWToR .

Also, I'm not sure if this is an actual SWToR problem or if it's a problem with my computer settings so if it's not SWToR's problem then I'm super sorry I'm just trying to figure out how to get this fixed (: Thanks for your time!!

❤ Collette ❤
The Bastion

eGraced
07.04.2012 , 11:48 PM | #2
From other people I've talked to, this is an issue with Boot Camp. I do not believe there is a fix for it, unfortunately.
This is Dulfy's Referral Link
If you're going to use one, consider using hers to help reward her for all the work she does for our community!

Diaboliclol
07.05.2012 , 12:38 AM | #3
poop ): okay thanx at least i know now to stop searching haha :X

❤ Collette ❤
The Bastion