Collectors Edition pain and bitterness

Midnight

I just want to post and say how disappointed and truely ripped off I feel for having spent $150 to buy the collectors edition. The main reason that I did it was for the exclusive collectors edition vendor which was supposed to have some sweet loot only available to those who have the CE. That vendor is horrible.. IT he like 5 things on it and not one of them is any good.

Really I mean the statue is cool I guess but what did we really get? It was a real waste of money and Im bitter about that. Just wanted to vent

Edited by Midnight

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to post and say how disappointed and truely ripped off I feel for having spent $150 to buy the collectors edition. The main reason that I did it was for the exclusive collectors edition vendor which was supposed to have some sweet loot only available to those who have the CE. That vendor is horrible.. IT he like 5 things on it and not one of them is any good.

Really I mean the statue is cool I guess but what did we really get? It was a real waste of money and Im bitter about that. Just wanted to vent

I dunno about you, but aside from the statue I got a map, a nice hardcover book, a soundtrack CD, a security key, a nice tin for my game discs, access to 2 different vendors in game, which is all that was promised...

I feel I got what I paid for.

So you spent $90 extra just for a virtual store that was just going to have cosmetically different gear and objects? I wish I valued money the same as you, then I would have a lot less to worry about.

Edited by monkgryphon

Well good Im glad you guys are thrilled with your purchase. I've said what I came to say. Im certainly not going to argue or try to change other peoples minds.

Instead of saying "I feel cheated", you could say "When will the CE vendor get some love?"

;)

Instead of saying "I feel cheated", you could say "When will the CE vendor get some love?"

;)

Precisely. Am I satisfied with the CE vendor? Yes. But I won't be, eternally - we were told there would be updates, of which we received only one. Should a point be reached that I feel the CE vendor has gone far too long without an update, I'll be sure to voice my discontent...

... but I won't be doing so by calling the work of the developers "horrible." People complain about a lack of communication, a lack of community-driven change, but this is the way they go about attempted to give feedback. It doesn't work.

Try to be calm and civil. Just because it seems like everyone else on the internet is a jerk with absolutely no courtesy does not mean that you need to follow suit.

Well good Im glad you guys are thrilled with your purchase. I've said what I came to say. Im certainly not going to argue or try to change other peoples minds.

No, what you said was "statue is cool I guess but what did we really get?"

I'm trying to tell you what you got:

• Flare Gun. The Flare Gun is a small cosmetic device that allows you to fire a particle flare high into the sky above your character’s head.
  • Training Droid. A small but advanced piece of machinery, the Training Droid will hover by your side as you explore the galaxy. The Training Droid will also serve you in combat, marking your target with a particle effect that clearly identifies them as an enemy.
  • HoloDancer. The HoloDancer allows you to take the party with you in your travels and can be deployed at almost any time by activating the HoloDancer and targeting the ground near your character.
  • HoloCam. The HoloCam lets your character take high-resolution images of the countless wonders that they will discover on their journey across the galaxy.
  • STAP. The STAP, or Single Trooper Aerial Platform, is a custom-skinned vehicle that you will be able to acquire at no cost to you. The vehicle itself will become available once your character gains the ability to pilot vehicles.

In addition to these items (also included in the Digital Deluxe Edition) you also got:

• Mouse Droid.
  • Collector’s Edition Store.
  • Security Key Store

And on top of this you got physical items, not just virtual. You received:

• Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue
  • Game disks collectible metal case
  • The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural as annotated by Satele Shan (high quality hardcover)
  • The Old Republic galaxy map
  • Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD
  • High-quality Collector's Edition box
  • Custom Security Authentication Key

So seriously, you mean to say you bought this thing only for the CE Vendor, that specifically said "The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion."

Social items and appearances. Really? Yes, they said it would be updated regularly, but I don't feel it's been too long yet to warrant complaining, let alone considering everything else you got for your $150.

Edited by ThunderVamp

Precisely. Am I satisfied with the CE vendor? Yes. But I won't be, eternally - we were told there would be updates, of which we received only one. Should a point be reached that I feel the CE vendor has gone far too long without an update, I'll be sure to voice my discontent...

... but I won't be doing so by calling the work of the developers "horrible." People complain about a lack of communication, a lack of community-driven change, but this is the way they go about attempted to give feedback. It doesn't work.

Try to be calm and civil. Just because it seems like everyone else on the internet is a jerk with absolutely no courtesy does not mean that you need to follow suit.

You sir hit the nail on the head. 100% in agreement with you.

This is it folks, this is the reason why.

the CE Vendor, that specifically said "The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion."

Social items and appearances. Really? 0.

It absolutely did NOT say social items and appearances when I pre ordered. I pre ordered it when it was first announced and I would not have done so for that. I personally do not care about personal appearances or social items. I was expecting unique and powerful loot armor and weapons. The original description said the CE Vendor would include "Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items available only to purchasers of the Collector's Edition."

I totally took that to mean high end weapons and armor and cool things that would reward our purchase of the most expensive bundle and support of the game well in advance of launch. So maybe I'm stupid for reading too much into it but I do feel like the CE Vendor needs a lot of love and that was my point here. You can get mad and flame me for my wording but my post was not overly negative. I have seen much more negative posts and attacks posted here, this is pretty minor on that scale. Iv been mature and not flamed you guys or attacked your beliefs In fact I was going to drop it and never reply again until this person incorrectly quoted a description.

Heres my source btw:

http://www.swtor.com/preorder?sourceid=WKD42_EAFY12SWTOR_Acquisition_160x600_Static_PreOrderTrooper#store

Edited by Midnight

No, what you said was "statue is cool I guess but what did we really get?"

In addition to these items (also included in the Digital Deluxe Edition) you also got:

• Mouse Droid.
  • Collector’s Edition Store.
  • Security Key Store

I have the Digital Edition but it didn't come with the Security Key Store.

I think (other then CE) we have to buy the key separate.

To the OP:

I think in time they will add more to the CE vender. The game is still only 7 months old.

It absolutely did NOT say social items and appearances when I pre ordered. I pre ordered it when it was first announced and I would not have done so for that. I personally do not care about personal appearances or social items. I was expecting unique and powerful loot armor and weapons. The original description said the CE Vendor would include "Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items available only to purchasers of the Collector's Edition."

I totally took that to mean high end weapons and armor and cool things that would reward our purchase of the most expensive bundle and support of the game well in advance of launch. So maybe I'm stupid for reading too much into it but I do feel like the CE Vendor needs a lot of love and that was my point here. You can get mad and flame me for my wording but my post was not overly negative. I have seen much more negative posts and attacks posted here, this is pretty minor on that scale. Iv been mature and not flamed you guys or attacked your beliefs In fact I was going to drop it and never reply again until this person incorrectly quoted a description.

Heres my source btw:

http://www.swtor.com/preorder?sourceid=WKD42_EAFY12SWTOR_Acquisition_160x600_Static_PreOrderTrooper#store

And here's my source, dated Oct 21, 2011:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

I have the Digital Edition but it didn't come with the Security Key Store.

I think (other then CE) we have to buy the key separate.

To the OP:

I think in time they will add more to the CE vender. The game is still only 7 months old.

I listed the digital Deluxe items first, which is why on that sentence I put "You also got:" I know DDE didn't get the Mouse Droid, the Collector’s Edition Store or the Security Key Store

Right well your source was not on the official pre order page which is what I linked to. I did not see that posting I pre ordered well in advance of 10/21 im pretty sure.

That doesn't make you less wrong for assuming what would be there when your pre-order page listed no specifics. other places did have that information, and you could have cancelled your pre-order if that's all you were looking for and later details showed that it wasn't what you assumed.

And I'm not mad or flaming you. Just showing that they provided plenty of items in the CE to make it worth the price. You are ignoring everything else you received.

Edited by ThunderVamp

.... aside from the statue I got a map, a nice hardcover book, a soundtrack CD, a security key, a nice tin for my game discs, access to 2 different vendors in game, which is all that was promised...

I feel I got what I paid for.

Errrm, yes, well worth 90 bucks, especially the tin. Oh, wait...

Edited by Dibdabs

Bioware don't seem to have resources to add new stuff any time soon to something for only those of us that bought the CE, after the layoffs they had.

All resources must likely be dedicated to something for everybody for some significant time to come.

Sure - they promised something and effectively delivered something else - but they do that. Chalk it up to lesson learned and keep it in mind next time Bioware wants you to buy something.

Edited by xandax

That doesn't make you less wrong for assuming what would be there when your pre-order page listed no specifics. other places did have that information, and you could have cancelled your pre-order if that's all you were looking for and later details showed that it wasn't what you assumed.

And I'm not mad or flaming you. Just showing that they provided plenty of items in the CE to make it worth the price. You are ignoring everything else you received.

Listen bro you dont need to be so defensive im just stating my opinion and I had dropped it but you seem to want to keep attacking. Im a huge BioWare fan I have all of their games I even have Jade Empire and KOTOR 1 for original Xbox on my dvd stand right now. I pre ordered this game on 7/22 when it was initially announced. Your little post came out 3 months after the fact and wasnt a huge news item. I did not look back after pre ordering becuase I was sure the game would be excellent. Iv followed this game since it was officially announced by bioware and as you can see from my forum registry date a full year before yours, Im not some new troll who just came in and is mad. Im a fan of the company and parts of the game. Im not a fan of the CE vendor. Thats all Im saying, so settle down and lets drop it shall we?

Listen bro you dont need to be so defensive im just stating my opinion and I had dropped it but you seem to want to keep attacking. Im a huge BioWare fan I have all of their games I even have Jade Empire and KOTOR 1 for original Xbox on my dvd stand right now. I pre ordered this game on 7/22 when it was initially announced. Your little post came out 3 months after the fact and wasnt a huge news item. I did not look back after pre ordering becuase I was sure the game would be excellent. Iv followed this game since it was officially announced by bioware and as you can see from my forum registry date a full year before yours, Im not some new troll who just came in and is mad. Im a fan of the company and parts of the game. Im not a fan of the CE vendor. Thats all Im saying, so settle down and lets drop it shall we?

Works for me as it doesn't appear you can discuss it without thinking you're being attacked. Consider it dropped.

Works for me as it doesn't appear you can discuss it without thinking you're being attacked. Consider it dropped.

We have a difference of opinion and we both read different descriptions of the store thus our expectations were different. It doesnt mean either of us are wrong its just life. Im not the only one on this thread who agrees with my original post and you are not the only one on this thread who has said they are satisfied with the purchase.

Agree to disagree I suppose.

We have a difference of opinion and we both read different descriptions of the store thus our expectations were different. It doesnt mean either of us are wrong its just life. Im not the only one on this thread who agrees with my original post and you are not the only one on this thread who has said they are satisfied with the purchase.

Agree to disagree I suppose.

To be perfectly clear, you read the same description. You read into the description differently. Your interpretation was based on personal wishes. His was based on official information, which came after pre-orders were made available.

Opinions can differ, sure, but some are more legitimate and founded than others.

Edited by CelCawdro

i'm curious when you bought the CE and why you complain about it now, 6 months later, and not in January when everybody else did

and before you say anything

I own one myself and I'm more than happy with it.

edit: ok, I just read all your posts

you .seriously. expected them to add HIGH END 'uber' weapons that would make you a special cookie and more mighty than all the stilly folks who either won't or can't afford the ridiculous extra amount the CE costs? (it was actually 150€ for me, which is roughly $230 so I guess I'm more prone to complaining than you. har har har)

Edited by amnie

i'm curious when you bought the CE and why you complain about it now, 6 months later, and not in January when everybody else did

and before you say anything

I own one myself and I'm more than happy with it.

edit: ok, I just read all your posts

you .seriously. expected them to add HIGH END 'uber' weapons that would make you a special cookie and more mighty than all the stilly folks who either won't or can't afford the ridiculous extra amount the CE costs? (it was actually 150€ for me, which is roughly $230 so I guess I'm more prone to complaining than you. har har har)

You can buy the CE whenever, not only 6 months ago.

To OP, I too feel that there isn't enough quality in the collectors to justify the cost, what you get physically cost EA buttons to produce, and the ingame content that you gain is just useless fluff.