Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to Launch the Game

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

spookedd
07.03.2012 , 08:15 PM | #11
Lol same thing here, I've got Bitdefender 2012, just looked for swtor.exe and it looks like its been deleted by my anti virus.

Well just excluded the launcher.exe from my anti virus and ran the launcher repair tool successfully,
but when I pressed play it still cane up with same "Unable too launch error."

Hopefully tomorrow's update works.
Cheers!
Happy 4th!

Cerimon
07.03.2012 , 08:36 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

Please see the following post by Beesodd in relation to Bitdefender: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...06&postcount=2

Let us know if you continue to have difficulty.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

WizardsDestiny
07.03.2012 , 08:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ClarkWGriswald View Post
Wizard,

I also have bitdefender. This is how you fix the problem but I got a blank "Select Server" screen after doing so but hope it helps:

Go to your antivirus tab / Exclusions / Excluded Files and Folders.
Click on the Excluded Files and Folders Link
Click Add then browse
Find the following exe: launch.exe and fixlauncher.exe (add those two to the exclusions)
After you add those find the folder called client assist. There you will find swtor.exe

Those should be found in your EA folder / BioWare/Star Wars the Old Republic folders under Program Files (x86)

Hope this helps
Thanks so much! Have just done that and am now going to try. Did I also have to exclude Client Assist?
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

spookedd
07.03.2012 , 08:48 PM | #14
Not working for me, cant even find the swtor.exe file when trying too exclude it in Bitdefender.
Its already been deleted. Not even in quarantine.
Any other suggestions?

WizardsDestiny
07.03.2012 , 08:53 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by spookedd View Post
Lol same thing here, I've got Bitdefender 2012, just looked for swtor.exe and it looks like its been deleted by my anti virus.

Well just excluded the launcher.exe from my anti virus and ran the launcher repair tool successfully,

Cheers!
Happy 4th!
Yep, same here. And now when I repair it gets stuck on Install 0% and stops responding. Gah this is depressing.

TheFunkster
07.03.2012 , 08:55 PM | #16
I got the same error, I also have BitDefender, I added FixLauncher and Launcher but swtor.exe is gone. Am I going to have to do a full install? I tried doing the repair but it just times out and windows closes it.

WizardsDestiny
07.03.2012 , 08:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheFunkster View Post
I got the same error, I also have BitDefender, I added FixLauncher and Launcher but swtor.exe is gone. Am I going to have to do a full install? I tried doing the repair but it just times out and windows closes it.
Same for me- Swtor.exe is gone. Exactly the same problem as me.

WizardsDestiny
07.03.2012 , 08:59 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by spookedd View Post

Cheers!
Happy 4th!
The problem with tonight's (Well, in Australia) update is there's no patch so nothing to override it.

WizardsDestiny
07.03.2012 , 09:31 PM | #19
OKAY, THE GAME LOADS! But the server list doesn't show. There's always something!

WizardsDestiny
07.03.2012 , 09:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ClarkWGriswald View Post
Wizard,

I also have bitdefender. This is how you fix the problem but I got a blank "Select Server" screen after doing so but hope it helps:

Go to your antivirus tab / Exclusions / Excluded Files and Folders.
Click on the Excluded Files and Folders Link
Click Add then browse
Find the following exe: launch.exe and fixlauncher.exe (add those two to the exclusions)
After you add those find the folder called client assist. There you will find swtor.exe

Those should be found in your EA folder / BioWare/Star Wars the Old Republic folders under Program Files (x86)

Hope this helps
I know have a Blank Server screen too after fixing the other problems. Have you worked out anything to fix this?