Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats the difference between strenth and power?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Whats the difference between strenth and power?

Firestein
07.03.2012 , 02:15 PM | #1
whats both do?
~Justin

jamescloutier
07.03.2012 , 02:35 PM | #2
strength increase a warrior's/knight's damage and crit %.
power increases all classes damage & heals.

Firestein
07.03.2012 , 02:54 PM | #3
how come i cant find any level 50 augments?
~Justin

Tatile
07.03.2012 , 02:57 PM | #4
I believe Power does not suffer from diminishing returns (main stat might, but I've not done the reading on it to know when that is). That doesn't mean you should be ignoring your main stat, though, because it still does give you the +crit percentages.

With my healers I balanced for raw Power and am now playing catch-up for Crit and Surge rating (I know, I should have done that first, but at least now I know my Op can crit for over 6k, I just need to do it more often) - can't say much for DPS, however (although both do have over 800 Bonus Damage) as it's not a spec I play on any of my characters.

EDIT: I believe the current highest are the Purple Level 49 Augments, or at least they are the most common.

dosadnik
07.03.2012 , 03:47 PM | #5
Ok here's how it is. Strength for all classes increases Melee Damage and Melee Critical Chance. Additionally for Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors it increases Force Damage and Force Crit. Power on the other hand increses Damage and Healing. With that said if you are a Jedi Knight or a Sith Warrior you should always chooses Strength before Power for obvious reasons. Good luck!
The online encyclopedia for TOR, that anyone can edit!

Caito Level 55 Jedi Knight The Red Eclipse

Tatile
07.03.2012 , 03:51 PM | #6
Haha, I can't read.

Ellvaan
07.04.2012 , 03:51 AM | #7
Greetings Firestein!

The following thread in our New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources may be of assistance to you:
We also want to thank everyone who took the time to answer Firestein's questions!

Have a great day!