Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] Advice sought

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] Advice sought

Berenices
07.03.2012 , 11:20 AM | #1
Hi,

I had a long break from the game, and not reached level 50 yet.
My main character is now at level 43. Character has Artifice 60, Archaeology 296, and Scavenging 339.
Certainly scavenging reaps some rewards in GTN, as do the Archaeology finds (but looks like should have been holding onto latter).
I now see that the skills that go best with Artifice are Archaeology and Treasure Hunting.
Reading this forum I do not see Artifice getting favourable reviews, but I am wondering if at this stage I should ditch Scavenging and go for Treasure Hunting.
I'm grateful for any advice.

Lady_Alyria
07.03.2012 , 12:03 PM | #2
Uh...I think what you should be ditching is artifice. If I had only one crafter the last thing I'd pick is the crew skill that can't make anything anyone wants.

Berenices
07.03.2012 , 01:16 PM | #3
Thanks for reply. Point noted.
What crafting skill would you go for if you were me. I'm playing a Sentinel.
Does the combo of Scavenging and Archaeology go with anything in particular ?

wainot-keel
07.03.2012 , 02:15 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Berenices View Post
Thanks for reply. Point noted.
What crafting skill would you go for if you were me. I'm playing a Sentinel.
Does the combo of Scavenging and Archaeology go with anything in particular ?
Check out the list of resources on the sticky, but no, I think Scavenging and Arqueology don't go together for any profession

I would suggest Synthweaving. You craft armor for force users. And now you can make profit with augments, augment kits, and orange belts and bracers have been added. One of your companions have a +5 crit chance for it, and there's a droid part that adds the same bonus as well.

Lorrimar
07.03.2012 , 03:31 PM | #5
As a Jedi Knight you have one companion with a +5 synthweaving crit & another with a +5 biochem crit. Since you already have scavenging somewhat leveled I would recommend dropping artifice & treasure hunting & picking up synthweaving & underworld trading. I personally just dropped fully leveled Artifice, Treasure Hunting & Archaeology to take Biochem, Bio Analysis & Diplomacy because I was unhappy with how useless I felt artifice would be with the 1.3 patch.

Telanis
07.03.2012 , 03:53 PM | #6
I like artifice, but since you have basically nothing invested in it and your scavenging is more leveled than your archaeology, I'd suggest keeping Scavenging and going with Armormech (Underworld Trading) or Armstech (Investigation).

Berenices
07.03.2012 , 04:06 PM | #7
Thanks for the replies.
Orange belts sound good.
I better find the sticky with what goes with what and then to decide.

Berenices
07.03.2012 , 04:36 PM | #8
Yes, reckon might go way of Underworld Trading and Synthweaving, keeping Archaeology.
Underworld Trading sounds a bit wrong for a light sided Jedi though.(Guess it's ok if a companion does it.)
Can understand appeal of Biochem. Might do that with another character.

I know with skills higher level items cannot be gathered till skilled up and do that by getting the low level items on first planets. I do not really want to run all over Tython again. So how does one advance in Underworld Trading ? It's not gathering is it. Is this done purely by sending companions on missions ?

Lurtzello
07.03.2012 , 04:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Berenices View Post
I know with skills higher level items cannot be gathered till skilled up and do that by getting the low level items on first planets. I do not really want to run all over Tython again. So how does one advance in Underworld Trading ? It's not gathering is it. Is this done purely by sending companions on missions ?
Yes, only by sending out your companions. Doc has the bonus for Underworld Trading, Kira for Synthweaving and Scourge for Archeology but really, going through the first 4 tiers of Underworld Trading should be quick if you send out every companion you don't have with you.
Everything is STAR WARS is the best.

Berenices
07.03.2012 , 04:59 PM | #10
Decision made.
Thanks.