Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Biochem] Non-consumable items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Biochem] Non-consumable items

Zeckes
09.09.2013 , 03:11 PM | #21
Wait so if i max my biochem and get the reusable and drop the craft i cannot use the reusable?

MJayMo
09.09.2013 , 05:42 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeckes View Post
Wait so if i max my biochem and get the reusable and drop the craft i cannot use the reusable?
You are correct

morfius
09.10.2013 , 02:58 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MJayMo View Post
How is that a bad thing? It's already a useless profession (Except the reusables.), unless you want to gamble at reverse engineering Underworld implants, which people really don't buy.
How it is different from removing reusables restrictions at all?
Time/credit sink... not so big deal.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

MJayMo
09.10.2013 , 05:54 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
How it is different from removing reusables restrictions at all?
Time/credit sink... not so big deal.
I'm done, this agreement is pointless, It's not like their going change it either way, their not going to change anything into our favor. They want you to level multiple characters, the more characters you have the more active you will be and the more likely you are to spend real money on this MMO. The easier they make it for people to get stuff the shorter you will play and/or likely to move onto another MMO.

magecutter
09.10.2013 , 04:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyvim View Post
Having infinite use "consumables", for only a few crafts, that give COMBAT advantage is horrific design. This has been talked about quite a bit...

Idea 1 - Remove specific restriction from crew skills, like Bio 400 on rakata stims. Replace them with a more generic CRAFT 400 so anyone that masters a crew skill can use the high end items from any other...this will promote diversity and restore personal choice to the system. It will also open up the market for new sales for these skills.

Idea 2 - is to give items 100 uses or 250 uses. Not infinite, but certainly worth the mats...THIS will also open up the market to new sales for biochem and cyber.
both ideas have merit though I think idea 1 has the same end game problem in that once you have the infinite use item there's no need to buy it again thus depressing the end game crafting market ( a long term result of infinite use items ).

Idea 2 is a great idea and the one that seems to solve the problem. 250 uses and not bound to a specific craft would open up the items to every class, allow everyone to have the same combat advantage and bolster the end game crafting market.

the obvious draw back is these 'high use' items would be controlled by just 2 crafting professions. an unfair advantage for Bio and Cyber. the only solution I can see is adding at least 1 high use item to each of the crafting professions. what these items might be...? I have no idea.

other than leaving things the way they are, the suggestions Dyvim make are the best I've seen so far.

(apologies for the edit Dyvim, I wanted to drill down to your core suggestions) -

LordSaa
04.12.2014 , 01:08 PM | #26
Still after reading suggestions etc..
Hopefully they will not remove a restriction, and keep it as they are.

People can still use other stims/medpacks wich heal/buff, but not a purple onces wich has its advantage over a pre/proto versions...