Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Biochem] Non-consumable items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Biochem] Non-consumable items

Girick
07.21.2012 , 10:20 AM | #11
Dang it. My hopes of having resusable medpacs for my alts spoiled again.

Kissakias
07.22.2012 , 02:07 AM | #12
not forget that now armormechs, armstechs and synthweavers can craft augments that worth A LOT, and always will be demand for those, while Biochems still got their reusables.
as for the artifice, cant say if youre right or wrong cuz i dont know anything
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!

Adnidireilasar
07.24.2012 , 04:25 AM | #13
Quote from your signature: "LIKE A-Tab - Dye system - Decorating - All items tradeable- full Cross faction chat/trade"

you are yourself for tradeable reusables and rakatas

iShootme
09.08.2013 , 05:09 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Fozziwig View Post
I can guarantee that BW will not make reusables usable by anyone without Biochem. I know this because it used to that way, and Bioware changed it. At first I agreed with you, but I now see why. It's because they wanted to stimulate the market by increasing demand. It used to be no one bought blues, only purples, and then no one bought anything because they all had purples. This way, there is a market AND crafters can focus on making them for others because they can use reusables themselves. It's quite elegant, actually, and it has greatly improved the market for Biochem crafters.
That's a good point of view, not being able to sell your reusables on the GTN thus creating a bigger market for the crafters or people would've to level Biochem for themselves. But im stuck somewhere, why level Biochem, craft all of your greens into blues and craft all of those into purples, just to be using them on one character. GREAT! A Trooper with a reusable Willpower stim. So might it not be a good idea to make those reusables ''Bound to Legacy'', so we can put those to good use on our alts and still have the same ideals.

morfius
09.09.2013 , 12:16 AM | #15
Making reusable accessible from anyone will kill Bio trades on GTN... don't even mention it.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

HBCentaurion
09.09.2013 , 02:20 AM | #16
I assume you don't raid much, do you?

Biochem is a must for your main raiding toon as you can craft all the stims / adrenal / medpacks that you will ever need.

morfius
09.09.2013 , 09:15 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by RAVM View Post
I levelled up Artifice and its supporting skills to 400 and use it mostly to create gear for my own character and companions, selling on the GTN is secondary. The problem is that everything I can make, I can get the same or equilivant item from the GTN, sometimes a lot faster and cheaper than reverse engineering and none of the hassle.

I'm seriously considering dropping it all and going Biochem for the re-usable stims which are the same as a permanent buff. Are there any plans Bioware has talked to let anyone use the re-usables?

Putting in re-usables like stims and adrenals that only Biochems can use is just utterly retarded.
Artifice middle game is good for high power or tanking enhancements, also might/resolve hilts (depends on gaps in comm vendors).
Bio is good for reusables and implants.
On tank I would take Bio ... but I have all of them already, so I could just make my tanks biochemists.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

MJayMo
09.09.2013 , 09:22 AM | #18
I hate Biochem. Biochem has locked me into the profession I can't leave or I lose my reusables. Implants don't make money no one buys them off the GTN, Stims and Adrenals are getting so cheap on the GTN that it is now more expensive to craft them then what you get back from the GTN. Mats from Bioanalysis and Diplomacy rarely sell on the GTN, because any Biochem has a stock pile of them in their Inventory.

What I would like to see happen (I know it won't happen), but if you max out a crafting skill any reusables you create are bound on creation to that character who crafted them and after that character has them they can either stay in the profession or move onto another one without losing the ability to use the reusables they made.

This would allow people that hate their profession (Like this Biochemist) and try something else out they would like to get into. I know eventually they will increase the crafting cap to like 500 or something with new reusables. Well then if you are no longer in the profession you will have to relearn the profession to get the better reusables. This would keep people switching up on their professions and I believe would stimulate the dying economy (Well on Ebon Hawk).

morfius
09.09.2013 , 09:43 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MJayMo View Post
I hate Biochem. Biochem has locked me into the profession I can't leave or I lose my reusables. Implants don't make money no one buys them off the GTN, Stims and Adrenals are getting so cheap on the GTN that it is now more expensive to craft them then what you get back from the GTN. Mats from Bioanalysis and Diplomacy rarely sell on the GTN, because any Biochem has a stock pile of them in their Inventory.

What I would like to see happen (I know it won't happen), but if you max out a crafting skill any reusables you create are bound on creation to that character who crafted them and after that character has them they can either stay in the profession or move onto another one without losing the ability to use the reusables they made.

This would allow people that hate their profession (Like this Biochemist) and try something else out they would like to get into. I know eventually they will increase the crafting cap to like 500 or something with new reusables. Well then if you are no longer in the profession you will have to relearn the profession to get the better reusables. This would keep people switching up on their professions and I believe would stimulate the dying economy (Well on Ebon Hawk).
This is the main reason they wouldn't do it... everyone will trow some credits to get Bio to 450, make bound reusables then drop it & take their old or other skill.

MJayMo
09.09.2013 , 11:01 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
This is the main reason they wouldn't do it... everyone will trow some credits to get Bio to 450, make bound reusables then drop it & take their old or other skill.
How is that a bad thing? It's already a useless profession (Except the reusables.), unless you want to gamble at reverse engineering Underworld implants, which people really don't buy.