Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's viable these days?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
What's viable these days?

XBlackNiteX
07.02.2012 , 11:32 PM | #1
I finally picked up this game about a week ago and so far i love it. There are a few quirks that don't make sense and its no swg to me, but its fun and that's what i like. But as for my question i have been searching and i cannot find any great money makers. I like to have a but to dabble with, but i know I'll need quite a few credits to get started.

So far i have around 250k from gathering skills but its too slow and not very constant to be relied upon. I'm not asking specifically what to do as i know that's a trade secret, but rather i want a bit of guidance. What crafting skills could possibly make me money? What planets are good to use for gathering resources?

From what I've seen slicing, farming and whatever bio-chem is has progressively been nerfed over time. Seems i decided to come into this game too late =/

Jay_Stocker
07.03.2012 , 12:41 AM | #2
slicing can still be profitable, especially at level 50, while out grinding dailies you can send all your companions out on missions, whilst picking lockboxes from the environment that give you pure profit.

You can make money from most crew skills, others save you money such as biochem reusables or cybertech kitting out your alts with modifications.

IMO you can probably make a profit out of all, but still take slicing as its perhaps the easiest to make profit.

Teykos
07.03.2012 , 12:41 AM | #3
You're coming in on the latter half of the augment craze. You should factor in augmentation kits and how long you're willing to wait for prices on them.