Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] No money maker...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] No money maker...

Cmdluke
07.03.2012 , 09:58 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
What ? Did they change it ? I thought only the 3 professions able to craft augment kits (synth, armstech, armomech) were too the only ones able to produce those mats. I re-read the 1.3 patches and I couldn't find anything on this.
anything that you can crit-craft with an augment slot can be RE'd to get augment kit components (mats needed to make the kits). you can crit-craft shields/focus/generators with augment slots in them, so you can RE them to gain the components. those components sell really well.
"The Force is a Balance between the Light and the Dark" - Qun'aris Sunnrider
Jedi Consular Balance Sage

Lady_Alyria
07.03.2012 , 10:03 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cmdluke View Post
I make plenty of cash with artifice now. just make tons of lvl 49 green focus/shield/generator then RE to get the augment mat. I sell those and make bank.

also, the +41 crystals sell pretty well. just pick up the schems from the daily vendor or pvp vendor.
I play every crafter and I can say since 1.3 artifice has very few options in making any profit at all. Sure there is selling level billion enhancements that raiders get, but that's only if your artificer is 50 and a raider, what about all the rest of them? My armormech is 33 and is making money hand over fist with the augments.

As for making augment components, armormech takes 4 mats to RE to get the component, cybertech takes 6, artifice takes 10 and their components are more expensive per piece, it would be a loss of income for me to RE those when I have every crafter. There was a time I could get by pretty well on lowbie crystals and enhancements, then there were the crit sabers, now my artificer is basically shelved because she has nothing I can churn out that sells for over 3k on my server.

wainot-keel
07.03.2012 , 10:06 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Vizzinni View Post
Only the 3 can make the Augment Kits, but on my Artifice I craft the lvl 48+ green shields, and on RE you get a augment mk-6 component. I also do it on my Biochem, I craft lvl 48+ implants and RE them for the same thing.
oh, Thanks. nice to know. I was convinced that kit mats were also restricted. I'm only crafting +41 stuff crystals with my artificer atm, so I didn't notice it

PhoenixCorvus
07.03.2012 , 10:09 AM | #14
everyone is complaining about Artiface, Armstech and Cybertech not having a profit.... I make plenty off of each... maybe i am on a sever that pays, idk?

Lady_Alyria
07.03.2012 , 11:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixCorvus View Post
everyone is complaining about Artiface, Armstech and Cybertech not having a profit.... I make plenty off of each... maybe i am on a sever that pays, idk?
Yeah, server makes a huge difference too. With Armstech I can sell purple weapons, the mats from investigation are dirt cheap, you can buy them and make a big profit from the weapons. With Cybertech I can sell ear pieces, ship and droid parts. But with artifice while I used to be able to sell crystals and enhancements, the market is now flooded with both, and shields never sold before, and the only things I hear about selling come from raids that my 30 sorc isn't going to ever be on, so right now she's the black sheep my other crafters have to send money to.

Most of the posts about crafts not making money are talking about not having any level 50 items they can sell for 400k a pop, when I say a craft isn't making money, I mean no items that are selling for 10k a pop. Churning out stacks of lowbie crap is what I do best, and right now, for artifice the mats are more profitable than what I can make with them.

Elminster_cs
07.03.2012 , 12:37 PM | #16
also, the +41 crystals sell pretty well. just pick up the schems from the daily vendor or pvp vendor.
i can make all the +41 (not expertise) they are selled 30k each when you are lucky... so not a big gain... corusca gem are not easy to obtain!

Sell the +48 level green item, maybe you can do some good credit... but i repeat... THIS IS NOT AN EXLUSIVE. This is the point, the only exlusive we have (some crystal... not the most profitable) are selled cheap.

Lugosi
07.03.2012 , 03:54 PM | #17
I make plenty of cash with artifice now. just make tons of lvl 49 green focus/shield/generator then RE to get the augment mat. I sell those and make bank.

It takes 4 primeval artifact fragments and 6 upari crystals to make that focus. Did you know that synthweaver can craft a belt for 2 fragments and 2 crystals and RE for the same kit component? And then they actually get to craft the kit itself. You are better off just selling the fragments and crystals from archeology.

Now, about the +41 crystals. Check the GTN for the price of primeval artifact fragments and corsuca gems (and that's not even all the mats required). Profitable? Yeah right. Sure you can gather your own mats. But it doesn't change the fact that artifice sucks. Artificers need to rise up together and increase the price of crytals accross the board by a substantial amount.

I've been running operations and flashpoints for a while now. I have seen numerous schematics for the other crafters and not one artifice schematic.

Reverse engineering 26 enhancements and Campaign relics? Seriously? I'll let you guys know how that goes once I eventually get the recipes from wasting my daily and black hole comms to RE them. In the meantime everyone else has full black hole gear and rolling in credits due the new credits for dummies system that the augment/augment kit system has created.

Oh but wait, I forgot, we get to make a pink (megenta) lightsaber crystal that sells for a decent amount . You just have to jump through hoops on 6 different planets to get the mats and the recipe.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

Elminster_cs
07.03.2012 , 05:37 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
It takes 4 primeval artifact fragments and 6 upari crystals to make that focus. Did you know that synthweaver can craft a belt for 2 fragments and 2 crystals and RE for the same kit component? And then they actually get to craft the kit itself. You are better off just selling the fragments and crystals from archeology.

Now, about the +41 crystals. Check the GTN for the price of primeval artifact fragments and corsuca gems (and that's not even all the mats required). Profitable? Yeah right. Sure you can gather your own mats. But it doesn't change the fact that artifice sucks. Artificers need to rise up together and increase the price of crytals accross the board by a substantial amount.

I've been running operations and flashpoints for a while now. I have seen numerous schematics for the other crafters and not one artifice schematic.

Reverse engineering 26 enhancements and Campaign relics? Seriously? I'll let you guys know how that goes once I eventually get the recipes from wasting my daily and black hole comms to RE them. In the meantime everyone else has full black hole gear and rolling in credits due the new credits for dummies system that the augment/augment kit system has created.

Oh but wait, I forgot, we get to make a pink (megenta) lightsaber crystal that sells for a decent amount . You just have to jump through hoops on 6 different planets to get the mats and the recipe.
you catch the point... you totally right...!!!!!

That's beacause i wuold like to ear from BW what is the economy they see behind artifice... so what is?

darksidechemist
07.03.2012 , 06:04 PM | #19
There may not be any huge money makers (200K +), but there is good money to be made if you study the market and figure out what people want. I am selling lower lvl hilts and crystals just about as fast as I can make them and put them on the GTN.

Lady_Alyria
07.03.2012 , 06:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by darksidechemist View Post
There may not be any huge money makers (200K +), but there is good money to be made if you study the market and figure out what people want. I am selling lower lvl hilts and crystals just about as fast as I can make them and put them on the GTN.
Selling them for what? They are going for 200 to 2k credits on my server right now. Wasn't that way before but now it's blah.