Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Patch 1.3 (PvE|PvP) Talent Specs For Mercs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
[Guide] Patch 1.3 (PvE|PvP) Talent Specs For Mercs

Akam
11.25.2012 , 10:21 AM | #51
Bodyguard PvP

Immortal 2.0

This build is great for rated warzones and 1v1 when you know you are going to be the focus of many DPS
  • Kolto Shell will proc twice every 3 seconds when used in conjunction with a quick GCD of rapid shots at an enemy
  • Immunity from Interupts while Energy Shield is active
  • 20% healing taken when Energy Shield is active
hmd MAGENTA
5/5 NiM TFB | 5/5 NiM S&V | 5/5 NiM DF | 5/5 NiM DP

From Beyond | Dragonslayer | Gatecrasher

DkSharktooth
11.25.2012 , 10:47 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Akam View Post
Bodyguard PvP
  • with a quick GCD of rapid shots at an enemy
Worst part about the ability is that as a healer, i have to attack an enemy to heal myself instead of having the additional option of using rapidshots on a friendly to heal myself (with an added exception to not have stacks consumed if you are already full health).

I still think it's a decent spec and have added it to the list. Thank you.

DkSharktooth
12.22.2012 , 11:46 AM | #53
All specs viable for patch 1.6

Updated the Bodygaurd PVP specs. Minor tweeks.

DkSharktooth
12.29.2012 , 01:44 PM | #54
Updated Meat Shield Spec in Bodygaurd PVP.

Phrase
12.30.2012 , 08:23 AM | #55
Bump, and TBH the fact that this guide and Aerro's pve Arsenal guide aren't yet stickied is a travesty.

Sixgun
The Bastion

DkSharktooth
01.01.2013 , 01:07 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
Bump, and TBH the fact that this guide and Aerro's pve Arsenal guide aren't yet stickied is a travesty.
I hate to be pessimistic on new years, but I have been around since launch and there is a clear indication that developers and forum mods do not offer insight, interact with their audience, read, or care about class forums. The proof lies in the balance and obvious lack of yellow posts for all classes and class concerns. This is the reason why most posts that get attention are on PVP forums or General Discussion, that seems to be the only forum they read and it consequently always has the most interaction.

Phrase
01.01.2013 , 01:29 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
I hate to be pessimistic on new years, but I have been around since launch and there is a clear indication that developers and forum mods do not offer insight, interact with their audience, read, or care about class forums. The proof lies in the balance and obvious lack of yellow posts for all classes and class concerns. This is the reason why most posts that get attention are on PVP forums or General Discussion, that seems to be the only forum they read and it consequently always has the most interaction.
Except that I go to other forums and guides like these ARE stickied.

That said, I know that the Merc forums are the last place any dev would want to visit--but still...

Sixgun
The Bastion

deadandburied
01.01.2013 , 08:21 AM | #58
If they didn't visit here they may not have fixed the talents that were broken. Here's the list of broken talents that i and many others provided data on as an example.

Target Tracking/Deadly Cannon=did not work for Unload/Full Auto=Fixed
Terminal Velocity/Cell Charger=did not work for Unload/Full Auto=Redesigned

So they do read class forums. If they didn't these bugs may have gotten overlooked.

I have a few problems with this guide. Torhead does not work for me so i can't see any of the talent builds. For Arsenal. Still listing Agile Mod 27 and 27A. When it should be Agile Mod 27 and Nimble mod 27 (no A variants should be used). Also you don't get 35% crit and put the rest in power any more. Get Tech bonus damage to ~1100 via power fully buffed and using a stim. The rest goes into crit. You should also add Advanced Battle Enhancement 27 and Advanced Acute 27 as well. Looking at the Arsenal rotation video it's arguable about rotation. There are a few variations that are all fine imo. So it's ok as is. However Unload should be used wether Riddle procs or not. Just to be clear.

I'd rather a guide was a bit more accurate. Should it have been stickied at one time? Maybe. But as is i'm not giving it any stars personally. Although i do believe a lot of work went into it and i am appreciative of this work. I'm sure it's helped many. And yes i'm nitpicking a bit here. But i am doing so in hopes that this gets corrected.
Triggerfinger Itches, 50 Gunnery Commando, Premonition, The Harbinger

Phrase
01.01.2013 , 11:16 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by deadandburied View Post
If they didn't visit here they may not have fixed the talents that were broken. Here's the list of broken talents that i and many others provided data on as an example.

So they do read class forums. If they didn't these bugs may have gotten overlooked.

I have a few problems with this guide. Torhead does not work for me so i can't see any of the talent builds. For Arsenal. Still listing Agile Mod 27 and 27A. When it should be Agile Mod 27 and Nimble mod 27 (no A variants should be used). Also you don't get 35% crit and put the rest in power any more. Get Tech bonus damage to ~1100 via power fully buffed and using a stim. The rest goes into crit. You should also add Advanced Battle Enhancement 27 and Advanced Acute 27 as well. Looking at the Arsenal rotation video it's arguable about rotation. There are a few variations that are all fine imo. So it's ok as is. However Unload should be used wether Riddle procs or not. Just to be clear.

I'd rather a guide was a bit more accurate. Should it have been stickied at one time? Maybe. But as is i'm not giving it any stars personally. Although i do believe a lot of work went into it and i am appreciative of this work. I'm sure it's helped many. And yes i'm nitpicking a bit here. But i am doing so in hopes that this gets corrected.
None of the class guides in any class forum are definitive, nor are they meant to be.

The purpose of keeping guides like these on the top of the front page are two-fold: 1) it provides a consolidated forum for debate (such as your comments re: rotations, mods and enhancements) and 2) it provides a place for new players to seek information w/o needing to post individual threads on these same topics ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

The two guides I recommended are the most up to date in terms of patches, therefore they provide the best forums for discussion. I would like to see a definitive healing guide that's up to date as well.

Sixgun
The Bastion

DkSharktooth
01.01.2013 , 02:17 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by deadandburied View Post

They do listen to ability bug reports. I know this for a fact. I have sent ingame class bug tickets and many of them that have been fixed in one to two patch notes. It's not always easy to fix class bugs. Best advice I can tell you is to BE VERY CLEAR ON HOW TO REPLICATE THE BUG. If you cannot tell them how to replicate it, or how it happened, they cannot backwards rationalize on how to fix it. The game has alot of bugs so all it needs is time to figure out and fix each one.

Please provide a few parses (5 or more, 2 minutes each) on target dummies so we can compare your rotation and results with my own. If you turn out to do better than me I will adjust my gearing in my guide. It was meant to be the best possible setup without using a sim craft program to nitpick every stat to its absolute finest. I use Mox Desktop parser if you needed to know.

If the developers do read class forums to check for bugs, there is no indication they have acknowledged it because there are never yellow posts. I am not sure if they are afraid to post something because they will get trolled or if they just don't know enough about their own classes.