Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Patch 1.3 (PvE|PvP) Talent Specs For Mercs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
[Guide] Patch 1.3 (PvE|PvP) Talent Specs For Mercs

DkSharktooth
07.02.2012 , 11:33 AM | #1
UPDATED for Patch 1.6! Click Hyperlinks for Talent Specs.

Arsenal Specs (PvE):
Arsenal Specs (PvP):
Pyrotech Specs (PvE):
Pyrotech Specs (PvP):
Bodygaurd Specs (PvE):
Bodygaurd Specs (PvP):
Interactive KeyBinding Guide For All Classes
Arsenal Video Rotation Guide
Aerro's Mercenary Stats, Rotation, & Gearing Guide:
My BIS PvE Gear Setup [With all 4 Buffs]:
  • 35% crit, 75-80% surge, the rest into power.
  • All augments should be Reflex 22.
  • All mods: Agile 27 / Agile 27A (Testing: Nimble mod 27 for healers to get to about 42% crit).
  • All Enhancements: Adept 27 / Initiative 27 (For DPS, make sure accuracy is about 100%)
  • All Shells: Tionese/Columni/Rakata because their set bonus is attached to shell, not armoring. Allows you to place Reflex 27 armoring in all slots for max stats.
  • All Armorings: Reflex 27
  • Barrel: Reflex 27

PvP Dps Pro Tip: Apply kolto shell to yourself before every warzone or duel starts, then quickly spec back to your dps spec. Free kolto shell buff

P.S. Please Rate this thread 5 Stars if it helped you. Thanks! (Rate on the bottom right of the page)

Baarabas
07.05.2012 , 09:42 AM | #2
Nice post. Good info for Mercs to go to when trying to put together a new build.

I run a version iCU Build. iCU Beta.
"Listen! And understand! He is out there! He cant be bargained with! He cant be reasoned with! He doesn't feel pitty, or remorse, or fear. And absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"
Unknown Mark

DkSharktooth
07.05.2012 , 11:07 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Baarabas View Post
Nice post. Good info for Mercs to go to when trying to put together a new build.

I run a version iCU Build. iCU Beta.
Thank You. I have incorporated another build to the list to accommodate for your idea.

T-Assassin
07.05.2012 , 11:21 AM | #4
i don't see a spec with stabalizers...

personally, i'll take that over 3% crit. i use PS, UL, and CM quite often in PvP.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Baarabas
07.05.2012 , 11:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
Thank You. I have incorporated another build to the list to accommodate for your idea.

I have thought of your build before, however I do not see a use for it since I do not have heat problems for improved vents and never need energy rebounder with my play style for reduced cooldown on energy shield. You shouldn't need energy rebounder if you kite effectively and have good healers. If you swap those 2 points from energy rebounder into automated defenses, you will have 20-30 second cooldown on thermal sensor override which helps tremendously on heat coupled with incendiary missile, fusion mission, or unload.
I too dont think that we overheat enough to need both Automated Defenses (2) and Rapid Venting (2). Improved Vents (2) is sufficient to deal with heat issues. (2 < 4, which give me 2 more points to invest) That leaves Kolto Overload the only thing left in Automated Defences, and I feel that it is also not worth it.
Energy Rebounder allows me to use Shields virtually every <60 seconds (depending on action). This increases my "time-to-kill". I solo a lot and cant alway hope to que up with healers. Kiting in this game is but a theory with all the cc.
"Listen! And understand! He is out there! He cant be bargained with! He cant be reasoned with! He doesn't feel pitty, or remorse, or fear. And absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"
Unknown Mark

Dyrankor
07.05.2012 , 02:19 PM | #6
I'd like to suggest an alternative for "quick heals" Arsenal PVP spec. Swapping the 2 points in Med Tech (bottom row) for Surgical Precision System (2nd row) means that you will be more efficient with your heals when you need to heal (more often than not, you're healing yourself in an emergency, and thus pushback is an issue). Can't tell you how many times I've stalled out when trying to use even a quick cast on myself because someone's pushing it back.

Making your heals complete faster under fire is arguably (at least in my opinion) better than reducing the cooldown/activation time for heals that will generate more heat in the long run. Heals when they count!

(If you decide to post this build, feel free to recreate it in Torhead. I used DarthHater's build mechanic but they're ultimately the same!)

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...fe10f2e6f11ef6
N'as Ponfalar of the Hidden Beks
Jaed & Neraiah
of the Disciples of Xoxaan
Jung Ma {RP-PVP}

Canis_Anubis
07.05.2012 , 03:16 PM | #7
I'll support Assassin's call for including Stabilizers in non-Arsenal builds. Don't get me wrong, 3% crit chance is nice, but 75% pushback resistance for power shot will outperform it in any non-targeting-dummy scenario.

HeVans_
07.06.2012 , 07:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
i don't see a spec with stabalizers...

personally, i'll take that over 3% crit. i use PS, UL, and CM quite often in PvP.
^ This. Frankly on my server running a pyro merc without stabilizers will get you destroyed, 9/10 enemy dps are pyro pts and marauders, with a good understanding of our weaknesses. I have actually been laughed at before for trying builds without stabilizers, as soon as someone sees their attacks pushing back your casts expect them to mark you up and **** on you for the whole game.

Yes - you can play pyro without stabilizers but what happens when you can't proc a railshot from an unload? (i am so unlucky that this seems to be ~60% of the time) You are sometimes forced to use power shot, and in those situations you will be glad you picked up stabilizers. Pyro is all about being able to reliably burst down people, and if you get pushback-ed while proccing your second railshot in your rotation, good luck.
Raytard - 50 Mercenary
Behindju - 50 Operative

The Nightmare Lands
What's the difference between a duck?

T-Assassin
07.06.2012 , 10:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by HeVans_ View Post
^ This. Frankly on my server running a pyro merc without stabilizers will get you destroyed, 9/10 enemy dps are pyro pts and marauders, with a good understanding of our weaknesses. I have actually been laughed at before for trying builds without stabilizers, as soon as someone sees their attacks pushing back your casts expect them to mark you up and **** on you for the whole game.

Yes - you can play pyro without stabilizers but what happens when you can't proc a railshot from an unload? (i am so unlucky that this seems to be ~60% of the time) You are sometimes forced to use power shot, and in those situations you will be glad you picked up stabilizers. Pyro is all about being able to reliably burst down people, and if you get pushback-ed while proccing your second railshot in your rotation, good luck.
so many PT/VG, JK/SW's!!! stabilizers is a must!!

and, while you bring up damage abilities, let me bring up CM. good luck trying to cast that w/out stabilizers...

and if people are not using CM, they should rethink their strats. i can 2v1 most classes w/ a timely, strategically planned CM.

and JK/SW's...makes 1v1 them 1000x easier. especailly, sent/mara that only have one gap closer.

stun or KB, cleanse, kite, kite, kite....CM...heal, heal, heal...kill.(if they break the 1st stun...which they will have to, if they plan on catchin me :P )
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Choffware
07.06.2012 , 11:05 AM | #10
Um... I don't like either arsenal build for pvp. this is what I run with... I can see the merit in swapping out the ICP points and putting them into med pack for the extra fast heals... but I think this is better for pvp because you need to have the fastest TMs you can fire with out push backs

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...rdRzMzZ0cZfM.2
Mantorin 55 Marauder || Choff lvl 55 Merc || Chof lvl 51 Sorc