Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Deaths that could have easily been avoided

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Deaths that could have easily been avoided

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
07.06.2012 , 09:11 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
At what time? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR4ts...eature=related You see the empty cup at 5:05 then at 5:38 you see Luke filling it up and when he leaves theres still some there.



Never said you had to, you wanna say they are plotholes thats fine.
relax it's an example. I remember there was something off about that scene i thought it was that I guess not.

We could also use the Kessel Run example. When Lucas wrote the script he had no idea that a parsec measured distance. However everyone else came up with a solution to his mess.

Star Wars fans are way to apologetic.

Of course with the prequels we have Padme's death, R2D2 and his rockets that we never see again, R2D2 knows everything since his memory isn't wiped but won't tell anyone, and many many more.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.06.2012 , 09:17 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
did you read the post I quoted? The guy said "we need to fill plotholes with our own ideas"


and really no one is excusing George's bad writting? really??
If you are talking about me. I did say sometimes we need to fill plotholes with our own ideas. For instance, how did Padme die? There is no harm in thinking of ways to fill that plothole. And I never said that my ideas were law. Any plothole that I or any fan fill is just fan-fiction. What is wrong with me thinking that Padme actually died from something like oxygen deprivation that caused brain trauma. That is a logical explanation. Anakin was depriving oxygen from her brain to the point of her passing, she could have easily gotten some brain trauma from that. And no, I'm not passing this idea off as law. It's just fan-fiction. So long as I don't tell people that's exactly what happened, then there is no harm in thinking that.
Added Chapter 56 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
07.06.2012 , 09:32 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
did you read the post I quoted? The guy said "we need to fill plotholes with our own ideas"


and really no one is excusing George's bad writting? really??
To me, that wasn't an excuse. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one, if you feel that way. Fly safe. o7

Seriously, there IS NO EXCUSE for George's bad writing. While he has a great concept of the Big Picture, and can write a great story on an epic scale, his interpersonal relationships between characters has always sucked. Dialogue is like something you would see in a really bad Japanese/English translation from some old low budget anime series or Japanese monster movie. "All your base are belong to us" comes to mind. lol

And of course, there are all the plotholes he leaves laying in the middle of the road.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
07.06.2012 , 09:38 AM | #64
And for some who are confusing movie bloopers with plotholes.... /facepalm.

Movie bloopers are in nearly every movie ever made. Is Star Wars an exception? No. Bloopers are fun. lol

Especially the one in "War and Peace" during Napoleon's retreat from Russia. The French Army is crossing a bridge, and the camera shot catches two guys in a boat wearing yellow rain slickers and filming with another camera.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.06.2012 , 09:50 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
To me, that wasn't an excuse. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one, if you feel that way. Fly safe. o7

Seriously, there IS NO EXCUSE for George's bad writing. While he has a great concept of the Big Picture, and can write a great story on an epic scale, his interpersonal relationships between characters has always sucked. Dialogue is like something you would see in a really bad Japanese/English translation from some old low budget anime series or Japanese monster movie. "All your base are belong to us" comes to mind. lol

And of course, there are all the plotholes he leaves laying in the middle of the road.
Is it just me or does every Japanese TV show that is translated to English have REALLY fast dialogue. In all of the translated versions of Japanese movies I have seen, every one talks fast. Maybe GL should have done that for the PT. That actually might have been worse lol.
Added Chapter 56 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
07.06.2012 , 10:14 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
And for some who are confusing movie bloopers with plotholes.... /facepalm.

Movie bloopers are in nearly every movie ever made. Is Star Wars an exception? No. Bloopers are fun. lol

Especially the one in "War and Peace" during Napoleon's retreat from Russia. The French Army is crossing a bridge, and the camera shot catches two guys in a boat wearing yellow rain slickers and filming with another camera.
but i'm saying it happens with both plot holes and bloopers and well just inconsistances with say special effects.

Star Wars might have a few more then most

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film1226?viewall=yes

Here is a short list of some of the plot holes

http://starwars.geniusprophecy.com/p...-database.html

And it's perfectly ok to just ignore them and enjoy the movies. But it's when you start coming up with excuses for them it becomes a problem.


Look at Anakins fall to the darkside. Now yes it's done better in TCW but in ROTS he goes from wanting to save padme to seconds latter Papantine convincing him he has to go and KILL CHILDREN!!!

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.06.2012 , 10:17 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
but i'm saying it happens with both plot holes and bloopers and well just inconsistances with say special effects.

Star Wars might have a few more then most

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film1226?viewall=yes

Here is a short list of some of the plot holes

http://starwars.geniusprophecy.com/p...-database.html

And it's perfectly ok to just ignore them and enjoy the movies. But it's when you start coming up with excuses for them it becomes a problem.
I don't see the problem in filling plotholes. It's when you broadcast your ideas as truth that it becomes a problem.
Added Chapter 56 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
07.06.2012 , 10:27 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
but i'm saying it happens with both plot holes and bloopers and well just inconsistances with say special effects.

Star Wars might have a few more then most

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film1226?viewall=yes

Here is a short list of some of the plot holes

http://starwars.geniusprophecy.com/p...-database.html

And it's perfectly ok to just ignore them and enjoy the movies. But it's when you start coming up with excuses for them it becomes a problem.


Look at Anakins fall to the darkside. Now yes it's done better in TCW but in ROTS he goes from wanting to save padme to seconds latter Papantine convincing him he has to go and KILL CHILDREN!!!
Well for the lightsabers thing, it seems to me the jedi always hold down the button so why would they be able to turn off the saber if the button is held down?

With the sane human thing, they weren't Bail wasn't, Padme wasn't, a good number of senators who were conspiring against Palpatine weren't convinced.

Their only hope....Luke was their only hope at the time being that Leia hadn't been made aware of her force sensitivity nor trained in any shape or form.

Dooku believed up until the very end, that he was going to be saved. Even if Palpatine said to kill him, that could have been just another lure to pull Anakin closer to the darkside but even then Dooku didn't have time to say anything.

Learning the secret to save life, it doesn't need to be shown because it was a lie to begin with.

As for Palpatine's being able to see into the future, it is always in motion he can't be correct 100% of the time no not even him he can however be correct most of the time.

Not sure how the lightsaber forms are a plothole...

How does R2D2 know that Anakin fell to the darkside? He was only with him when he went to mustafar, and even then he stayed with his ship other then that theres no instances of R2 with Anakin being darkside.

R2's rocket launcher.....think he is talking about the jets, and how does he know that they were removed? Just because they weren't used in EP 4-6 doesn't mean he doesn't have them, he just never needed to use them.
------

Really all you need to do is just think about them.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.06.2012 , 10:41 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well for the lightsabers thing, it seems to me the jedi always hold down the button so why would they be able to turn off the saber if the button is held down?

With the sane human thing, they weren't Bail wasn't, Padme wasn't, a good number of senators who were conspiring against Palpatine weren't convinced.

Their only hope....Luke was their only hope at the time being that Leia hadn't been made aware of her force sensitivity nor trained in any shape or form.

Dooku believed up until the very end, that he was going to be saved. Even if Palpatine said to kill him, that could have been just another lure to pull Anakin closer to the darkside but even then Dooku didn't have time to say anything.

Learning the secret to save life, it doesn't need to be shown because it was a lie to begin with.

As for Palpatine's being able to see into the future, it is always in motion he can't be correct 100% of the time no not even him he can however be correct most of the time.

Not sure how the lightsaber forms are a plothole...

How does R2D2 know that Anakin fell to the darkside? He was only with him when he went to mustafar, and even then he stayed with his ship other then that theres no instances of R2 with Anakin being darkside.

R2's rocket launcher.....think he is talking about the jets, and how does he know that they were removed? Just because they weren't used in EP 4-6 doesn't mean he doesn't have them, he just never needed to use them.
------

Really all you need to do is just think about them.
I think most of the plot holes are conceived by annoyed fans. True SW fans can fill them with logic and deductive reasoning.
Added Chapter 56 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Shotgonius's Avatar


Shotgonius
07.06.2012 , 10:45 AM | #70
Lets get back on topic