Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deaths that could have easily been avoided

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Deaths that could have easily been avoided

Erudain
07.03.2012 , 03:24 PM | #21
Most stupid dead was Padme's....WTH??? the lady was weak for a natural childbirth and in the fricking future they don't have anesthesics or know Caesarean section?

Also Obi and Yoda are surprised when the robot tells them "she is carrying twins"...WTH they also don't have echographies?

Wolfninjajedi
07.03.2012 , 03:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Erudain View Post
Most stupid dead was Padme's....WTH??? the lady was weak for a natural childbirth and in the fricking future they don't have anesthesics or know Caesarean section?

Also Obi and Yoda are surprised when the robot tells them "she is carrying twins"...WTH they also don't have echographies?
They didn't have time to do **** other then get the twins out, because she was dying and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. There have been unexplained deaths in real history too, no matter how big of advancement there is in medical technology some things just can't be explained whatsoever. Plus its fiction, anything can happen...no one questions when superheroes do stuff but somehow when others do things its "OMG thats so unbelievable!"
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Shotgonius
07.03.2012 , 04:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheChervil View Post
DARTH VADER
The Emperor carried a lightsaber on him ( we know he had one hidden in his robes in RoTS, so logical to assume he still sports one hidden somewhere) and he is still very powerful.
Vader was missing his good fighting hand and was already pretty beat up by Luke at that point.
Even if he had managed to get Luke's lightsaber before the Emperor intervened (remember the Emperor could have just yanked it right back from him mid-air) the Emperor would easily have defeated him in lightsaber combat, if not just turning the lightning on to him instead of Luke.

By grabbing the Emperor, Vader was making physical contact so any of the Force lightning hitting him would be affecting Palpatine as well.
In actuality it was probably the only way to ensure success.
Still. Vader could have just used Force Choke and killed Palpatine that way.
Or Force Pushed him so he fell over the railing...or just knocked him over so Luke could grab his lightsaber.

Kaisernick
07.03.2012 , 04:40 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
In reply to the OP, the Council normally only sent 1 or 2 Jedi for most missions. There are plenty of examples from the EU of this, but also in the movies rarely do we see the Jedi team up with other Jedi except in the case in the battle in the Genosian arenas. Jedi were trained to deal with a myriad of situations and trained to do so by themselves or with their Padawans so I can understand why only 2 were sent.
for most but they knew the sith had returned qui gon told them there mortal enemies and they send 2, would have made much more sence to send 5 or 6 but alas we saw how 4 handeled trying to capture palps.

dr ball addressed this

Captain_Zone
07.03.2012 , 06:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
They didn't have time to do **** other then get the twins out, because she was dying and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. There have been unexplained deaths in real history too, no matter how big of advancement there is in medical technology some things just can't be explained whatsoever. Plus its fiction, anything can happen...no one questions when superheroes do stuff but somehow when others do things its "OMG thats so unbelievable!"
They didn't have time because George was already way overbudget, running out of film, and they still had to do the Frankenvader scene.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

kirorx
07.04.2012 , 09:23 AM | #26

I just block out this whole scene from my memories, that part and the whole anakin is space jesus thing.

Those two things I just turn the old blind eye to. It is so lame.

You have war going, so there is an endless amount ways in which Padme could have died, but instead she "lost the will to live".....really?

Captain_Zone
07.04.2012 , 10:14 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
I just block out this whole scene from my memories, that part and the whole anakin is space jesus thing.

Those two things I just turn the old blind eye to. It is so lame.

You have war going, so there is an endless amount ways in which Padme could have died, but instead she "lost the will to live".....really?
After just giving birth to two babies who depended on her. She couldn't live for them. Yes, another George Lucas Plothole (as evidenced by Leia "remembering" her real mother in RotJ) and that one was a doozy.
. OPOD

Aurbere
07.04.2012 , 10:26 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
After just giving birth to two babies who depended on her. She couldn't live for them. Yes, another George Lucas Plothole (as evidenced by Leia "remembering" her real mother in RotJ) and that one was a doozy.
I believe Padme lost the will to live before she gave birth, but I do believe she needed some other medical condition to go along with that. Then again, some women just can't handle giving birth, there are some cases where the mother dies shortly after giving birth.

As for Leia remembering her mother. I believe that she was remembering her mother on Alderaan. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she die before Alderaan's destruction?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Captain_Zone
07.04.2012 , 10:29 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I believe Padme lost the will to live before she gave birth, but I do believe she needed some other medical condition to go along with that. Then again, some women just can't handle giving birth, there are some cases where the mother dies shortly after giving birth.

As for Leia remembering her mother. I believe that she was remembering her mother on Alderaan. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she die before Alderaan's destruction?
No evidence to that, actually. As far as anyone knows, Mrs. Organa died with Alderaan. I thought the same thing for a while, but no records exist of her dying before that. Just another Lucas plothole. He tends to leave a lot of them laying around.
. OPOD

jarjarloves
07.04.2012 , 10:34 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post

problem is Padme has been shown to be such a strong willed woman and very independent that it makes no sense what so ever at the end of ROTS she is gushing over Anakin. She was a queen as a teen, a senator in the Galactic Senate, actually fought in combat during the clone wars and now we are supposed to be she is weak????

But the whole Leia remembering her mother completely changes with Padme dying. Before it was a way for Luke to connect to his mother since he knows Leia is his sister and she grew up with her. However now because of the prequels that entire scene loses all meaning.

edit: Hell in AOTC they make the point of Obi Wan asking Anakin what Padme would do in his situation which is to leave Anakin behind and complete the mission. But we are supposed to believe that now for some reason she can't live with out him?