Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deaths that could have easily been avoided

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Deaths that could have easily been avoided

NorseWest
07.02.2012 , 05:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Shotgonius View Post
Another scenario. Obi-Wan has been depicted as using Force Speed, even in his padawan days. Why not use Force Speed to catch up with Qui-Gon and defeat Darth Maul?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg

VigDiath
07.02.2012 , 05:14 PM | #12
In reply to the OP, the Council normally only sent 1 or 2 Jedi for most missions. There are plenty of examples from the EU of this, but also in the movies rarely do we see the Jedi team up with other Jedi except in the case in the battle in the Genosian arenas. Jedi were trained to deal with a myriad of situations and trained to do so by themselves or with their Padawans so I can understand why only 2 were sent.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Captain_Zone
07.02.2012 , 05:16 PM | #13
I have fallen into this trap myself, so I know exactly where everyone is coming from.

Trying to Apply Common Sense to Star Wars is likely to cause migraines, facepalming, and severe WTH??? moments when we realize just how messed up some of the stuff in Star Wars really is.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Wolfninjajedi
07.02.2012 , 05:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I have fallen into this trap myself, so I know exactly where everyone is coming from.

Trying to Apply Common Sense to Star Wars is likely to cause migraines, facepalming, and severe WTH??? moments when we realize just how messed up some of the stuff in Star Wars really is.
The only WTH moment I myself see, is Boba fighting Vader in an ok fashion and then suddenly get taken down by a jedi later on and then jettisoned into a sarlacc by a smuggler. Makes no sense, what did he forget who he was fighting or something? Did he have brain damage?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Captain_Zone
07.02.2012 , 06:06 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
The only WTH moment I myself see, is Boba fighting Vader in an ok fashion and then suddenly get taken down by a jedi later on and then jettisoned into a sarlacc by a smuggler. Makes no sense, what did he forget who he was fighting or something? Did he have brain damage?
That was one for me, as well. Also, "Luke, Leia" *croaks* at the end of RotS with Padme dying. Oh, and don't even get me started on every time George's dialogue made me cringe....
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

kirorx
07.02.2012 , 08:53 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Shotgonius View Post
Qui-Gon Jinn
I know. I know. The prequels had a lot of logic gaps and plot holes. But this one stands out.
Why would they send just two Jedi to protect a very important queen of a very important planet?
A better question. Why would they send a morally grey Jedi (Grey...get it...Liam Neeson...) and his padawan...not even a full Jedi...to protect the queen?
As shown in AotC and ROTS, there are thousands of Jedi. I'm pretty sure on a high priority mission like this, they would have sent a Council member...or at least more than two Jedi. Even three or four would have made a difference.
Imagine the fight against Darth Maul...but with 4 Jedi? Imagine what difference that would have made.
My thought on this:

Why, when darth maul comes out of the door the soldiers dont just light him up.
Instead Qui-gon is like "we'll handle this and they just part ways",
It was like twenty people with guns and two jedi, why not just shoot him and move on. Where was the logic?

CassusVerda
07.02.2012 , 09:39 PM | #17
I think he was drunk personally.
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

leroyray
07.02.2012 , 10:14 PM | #18
Boba Fett is by far the toughest Bounty Hunter to ever live, he only has one weakness - a blind guy with a stick

TheChervil
07.03.2012 , 02:14 PM | #19
DARTH VADER
The Emperor carried a lightsaber on him ( we know he had one hidden in his robes in RoTS, so logical to assume he still sports one hidden somewhere) and he is still very powerful.
Vader was missing his good fighting hand and was already pretty beat up by Luke at that point.
Even if he had managed to get Luke's lightsaber before the Emperor intervened (remember the Emperor could have just yanked it right back from him mid-air) the Emperor would easily have defeated him in lightsaber combat, if not just turning the lightning on to him instead of Luke.

By grabbing the Emperor, Vader was making physical contact so any of the Force lightning hitting him would be affecting Palpatine as well.
In actuality it was probably the only way to ensure success.

BOBA FETT
I was actually watching RoTJ last night (the dvd version) with the commentary on and Lucas stated that if he had realized Boba Fett was going to turn into the iconic character and fan favorite that he did, he would have done something different with him in that scene.
He even considered adding in a scene for the dvd version showing Fett escaping from the Sarlaac, but in the end decided not to mess with it.

Someone mentioned earlier how much Luke was worth alive as a bounty, but remember that he was watching Jabbe get ready to kill Luke by feeding him to the Sarlaac.
I think he knew that blaster bolts could be deflected, but still he should have used a rocket or one of his darts.
At the very least, flamethrower ftw, as others stated.

DARTH MAUL
Obi-Wan is hanging by a small protrusion from the side of the shaft.
A good dose of Force Lightning would have made him lose his grip.
A saber toss would have cut him in half, again making him lose his grip.
Instead, Maul decides to just pace the edge of the shaft, making sparks.

Erudain
07.03.2012 , 03:17 PM | #20
He still would have been no match for Luke I mean he literally just flew and landed right in front of a jedi like a moron, and its not like he couldn't sense Boba firing at them and deflect back or block his shots. They really need to go back and re-work on Boba cause he doesn't make any sense lol, I mean before ROTJ he fights Vader and does ok.....but then you watch ROTJ and he goes flying right in the face of a jedi, gets cut down and then goes flying right back into a sarlacc.
Dude you never had a bad day?....everyone has them...even the Fett