Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think of the difficulty of the flashpoints?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What do you think of the difficulty of the flashpoints?

GalacticKegger
12.19.2011 , 12:43 PM | #21
imho...

@ low end of level appropriate range with 2 players (no companions) = torture.
@ low end of level appropriate range with 2 players + companions = ouch.
@ middle of level appropriate range with 2 players + companions = challenging with a higher risk of defeat.
@ high end of level appropriate range with 2 players + companions = challenging with a lower risk of defeat.
@ 1 to 3 levels above the flashpoint's level range with 2 players + companions = easy but not OP
@ 4+ levels above the flashpoint's level range with 2 players + companions = farm

Difficulty bonuses that stack:
- If there is a healer + good cc/tanking then bump it down to the next easiest level.
- If the party has 4 good player characters then bump it down to the next easiest level.
Peace out . . .

ComeAndSee
12.19.2011 , 01:06 PM | #22
The 1st tier of instances are easy and they slowly increase in difficulty starting at Atiss.

I like a challenge.

Farabee
12.19.2011 , 01:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Belzuba View Post
Good Luck with Mandalorian Raiders FP
This. Mandalorian Raiders is where Sith gets real, so to speak. :P

You'll get destroyed on the dog pulls if you don't CC something, your healer needs to be on their game and your tank and DPS both need to work to ensure aggro is managed. The 2nd boss needs everyone at their best.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -Imperium proverb

dcarterwww
12.19.2011 , 03:10 PM | #24
They are all extremely easy. Even did them with low level party members up to 50 trying to create some form of challenge. Nothing is even remotely difficult yet and I don’t expect it to change seeing as this game seems to be on the easier side.

Welcome to today’s MMO world where the casual gamer wins in these types of things so that they don’t fall behind and feel ‘included’ in being able to complete all of the content on the 1st or 2nd try.

Lightmgl
12.19.2011 , 04:43 PM | #25
A group of us were steamrolling flashpoints, in many cases being 3 levels lower than the level of the Flashpoint and it was pretty effortless even without me speccing heals or the tank speccing as a tank.

For some reason though we hit HK-47 today in Foundry and just hit a brick wall. We were up to level, specced right, and he just tore right through us over and over again with unhealable damage.

zombieinferno
12.19.2011 , 10:06 PM | #26
Think its reasonable that the early FPs ARE a little simpler and less demanding since most of the class mechanics are not in place yet. There is no taunts, nothing more than a simple heal and in some cases, some players are running it before they even chose their Advance Class in the case of BT.

Using WoW as a 'standard' (excuse me while i throw up a little in my mouth while I say that) - there really isn't a great deal of difficulty in running any instances until around ... *thinking* ...

oh my.... *thinking longer*

Well they are all sort of easy until BRD at least and that's level 40. I can't think of anything in vanilla that was exactly 'challenging'.

zDracor
12.19.2011 , 10:10 PM | #27
Has been nothing remotely challenging yet, however have only done up to Cademimu. Kinda sad really, because mandalorian raiders seemed alot harder in the stress test weekend.

Twitchx
12.20.2011 , 05:05 AM | #28
These are easy modes. Wait til 50 and do hardmodes, then nightmare.
Intel i5 2500k@4.3, GTX 570 SC'd, 8MB DDR3 1600mhz, Asus P8P67 Deluxe, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, HAF 922, Razer Naga Epic, Razer Anansi, Win 7 64-Bit, @1920x1080.

Malrek - Jedi Sentinel (Server "Lord Adraas")

Sipsu
12.20.2011 , 05:17 AM | #29
I guess you guys are super pro but doing Mandalorian Raiders and Cademimu at least have been moderately challenging slightly underleveled. Nothing that you'd wipe hours on, but a few party deaths occur and that's not 'easy' to me.

Easy to me is how wow dungeons are now. o_O

Sath_Wishes
12.20.2011 , 06:10 AM | #30
For us, Flashpoints seem too easy. I find that most 4+ Groupquests are harder than most Flashpoints. Hope they get more challenging :/

Seen so far, everything till Mandalorian Raider.