Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think of the difficulty of the flashpoints?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What do you think of the difficulty of the flashpoints?

Santaner
12.18.2011 , 08:14 PM | #1
Personally, I think they're way too easy. I've done up to Athiss and there's been almost no challenge. I've been under leveled or leveled appropriately each time for the desired flashpoint.

The most disappointing thing for me, is that the trash is so un-engaging. 90% of pulls require no coordination, focus or CC. I know trash is trash, but I was expecting it to require some coordination beside "Tank - AoE aggro everything, Healer - heal the tank, DPS - do what you want".

Is it just me or do you guy guys find it too easy as well?

I mean, I've only experienced the first three flashpoints, so if you've played past them, share your opinions on the later flashpoints, too.
It is time.

Tremk
12.18.2011 , 08:18 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Santaner View Post
Personally, I think they're way too easy. I've done up to Athiss and there's been almost no challenge. I've been under leveled or leveled appropriately each time for the desired flashpoint.

The most disappointing thing for me, is that the trash is so un-engaging. 90% of pulls require no coordination, focus or CC. I know trash is trash, but I was expecting it to require some coordination beside "Tank - AoE aggro everything, Healer - heal the tank, DPS - do what you want".

Is it just me or do you guy guys find it too easy as well?

I mean, I've only experienced the first three flashpoints, so if you've played past them, share your opinions on the later flashpoints, too.
...because you needed CC and pull coordination in the Wailing Caverns...riiiiight

Santaner
12.18.2011 , 08:29 PM | #3
Well, I haven't played WoW in 5 years, but I think you needed some CC? IDK, it's been too long, who cares.

I know from Aion and Rift, even in the first dungeons, if you didn't at least CC one elite on a lot of the pulls, you were putting a lot of pressure on the healer and risked wiping.

*EDIT: You also had to focus targets.
It is time.

Belzuba
12.19.2011 , 01:22 AM | #4
Good Luck with Mandalorian Raiders FP

iBroken
12.19.2011 , 03:09 AM | #5
Yea up till about Athis its all pretty easy.

firesprite_ea
12.19.2011 , 06:23 AM | #6
Did only the first flashpoint and found it extremely easy. On the one hand, it IS for a 2 man group, on the other, there is no such thing as "pull" or CC. You simply slaughter everything and everyone without any plan whatsoever.
The only thing I have to compare is Aion though. And I do remember the first instance there (around lvl 25 as I recall). It required a full group of errrrr 6 people, careful pulling, CCing...and during the first runs - lots of deaths ^_^.
Are there any instances here, (I mean higher lvls) that DO require some thinking?

imaitchoukow
12.19.2011 , 07:38 AM | #7
What do you want? we are talking about FP level 12-25 ? so you want impossible challenges that low? enjoy the game...

nottu
12.19.2011 , 08:04 AM | #8
I do get your point of being somehow easy at the first stages but it should be, as difficulty increases exponentially as you level up. However it is not always true that mobs require no CC or that you can rush into them, in fact yesterday I was with my BH (lv20) in Hammer Station with a group of 16s-17s and some groups of mobs killed us (several times) while trying to rush the place

Scorus
12.19.2011 , 08:10 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by imaitchoukow View Post
What do you want? we are talking about FP level 12-25 ? so you want impossible challenges that low? enjoy the game...
I don't want impossible challenges, but I do want challenges. Flashpoints were supposed to be the challenging part since the rest of the game is very, very easy. At one point in beta Esselles was challenging, and kudos way outnumbered the complaints. I can understand making the first flashpoint easier, but after that they should be significantly harder than Heroic missions or there is no point in calling them something different.

Scorus

snowmon
12.19.2011 , 08:27 AM | #10
they get harder as you lvl, thats the point of learn, cant run before you can walk and all that. lets see how easy the heroics r then readdress this conversation :P
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server