What Is Your Favorite Flashpoint?

Alas I have no favorite Flashpoint.

I like Esseles because it was the first flashpoint I did, way back in beta. I only did it once back then and I thought it was simply amazing.

I like Taral V because of the mysterious voice entity. Not going to say who it is, but if you've done it and followed the extended lore, you'll know who it is.

I like Maelstrom Prison because of the character you get to meet. Not going to say who it is here either, but it holds a lot of nostalgia and awe for me. Plus it's always a pleasure to kill the last boss.

I like Lost Island because you have to sit up and pay attention. But I also don't like it enough to want to do it more than once or twice a week -- I've found that it tires people out.

I haven't revisited the flashpoints without a hard mode version for a long time -- they were fine, except for Colicoid Wargames -- I found the puzzle maze very tedious with a random group. The elite patrol respawn rate felt too quick.

Tier 1 Flashpoints are good if you just want to relax.

Tier 2 Flashpoints (well, there's just Lost Island at the moment,) are good for waking up again.

False Emperor and The Foundry for the story.

The Battle of Ilum because its fast.

Maelstrom Prison was satisfying finally sticking it to Kilran.

Lost Island would be a fun challenge if not for the cheap first boss. It's more frustrating than fun atm but the last boss is the most interesting FP boss imo.

1) Kaon - Great atmosphere (I like the lighting!), fun trash encounters.

2) Lost Island - First and last bosses are fun if your group doesn't just steamroll them

3) Foundry - Edges out False Emperor for the coolest story.

Edited by Lymain

I actually liked Colicoid best, since it was different from the same old "Go in, kill stuff until you get to something big, then kill that and keep going until you hit the end" format. But I have to say, my favorite experience in a Flashpoint so far was the first time I ran Foundry HM. We kept getting the bug that made HK enrage when we broke him out of the box thing, finally pushed through him (some of the most intense healing I've done in this game), then ended up hitting the "Revan is unkillable because you hit him too hard" bug that was going on then. On top of that, it was someone's first run in that Flashpoint (the rest of us had done Story Mode), so he wanted to do that stupid worm boss, which wiped us a couple times. It was the only "run from hell" I've had in this game, and I loved every minute of it because I and a guildie worked with two complete strangers and ended up finishing it.

I'll do my favourites in the order I encountered them

Colicoid - this was a great change from the standard tank-and-spank boss fights, I loved this and really hope they one day make a HM version of it.

Kaon - Did this with guild when it first came out, we didn't read up on it so had no idea what to expect. Dark, eerie, zombie-like, loved this one the first time I ran through it.

Lost Island - Provided something that felt like a challenge, a lot of mechanics to deal with and our first run through was 3 melee + healer, which was fun for sure. After so many forum threads were around complaining at the ease of content, it was hillarious to see how many people came out after this patch and complained it was far too difficult :D With the new group finder, I don't dare to attempt to pug this HM FP, that says something.

So those are my 3 - colicoid for innovation and fun, kaon for its great atmosphere, lost island for its challenge.

Very nice answers guys, keep it up! For me, I also have no favorite, I like them all quite a bit...

Black Talon: The story is absolutely amazing and it is the one flashpoint where your choice is not only a test of character, but a major impact on the storyline.

Boarding Party: This feels like a kind of Space Battle from the films, the action and the story setup makes it like that,

Foundry: Fun flashpoint with interesting bosses, an awesome confrontation (or two :) ) and of course...the fantastic music.

Battle of Ilum: Much like Boarding Party and how much it is like a Space Battle from the films, this is like that, but on the ground. The cinematic action and story setup make it likes this, I iterate, and Ilum is an absolutely beautiful environment.

False Emperor: Two of the coolest boss confrontations in an MMO, amazing music (especially at the end of Malgus) and a great story that really unfolds if you follow the holorecordings.

Kaon Under Siege: One of the most haunting, eerie instances I have ever seen in an MMO, with several unique mechanics and interesting bosses.

Lost Island: This is one where I need to look at the screen, the challenge is amazing, the final confrontation is cool, the story becomes very intriguing and kind of horrific if you follow the bonus objective.

Story wise: Maelstrom Prison, first run was like HOMG!

Mechanics: D7 is awesome and different. LI is great and I actually feel like I've done something when its finished.

Atmosphere: Kaon. That said, I hate Kaon otherwise. Being a ragdoll is no fun :(

Special mention: I also really like Red Reaper, its just cool and not having a HM makes it seem fresh when I actually go do it.