Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Commando Medic


Saltydogg's Avatar


Saltydogg
07.05.2012 , 09:25 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
You have some trash geared and trash players on your server then.
LOL I guess you have never rolled a Marauder. They are easy mode dps if you know how to play them. As for having a Commando Medic as my main I know what the person is going to do under specific circumstance as a Marauder. Its pretty easy to kill a class that you know like the back of your hand. Its sad to think anyone out there would think that just because a Marauder can solo a Commando means that they are in trash gear and are trash players. Marauders are ment to be straight up dps and the was the Commando has to heal there is nothing you can do to slow down the dps if everything is on cooldown. Hence the Commando being a ONE TRICK PONY. I wonder how you people would fee if there were no healers out there. Its a good thing that OPS cans still heal or you would have pretty much nothing. Hell you're lucky to get one healer in a pug group each WZ.
Saltydogg the real mmo dog

Saltydogg's Avatar


Saltydogg
07.05.2012 , 09:29 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRiddick View Post
that made me lol, bioware is fine, they have already made their money back plus a ton, i am sure they are sitting happy with this game... if not, they have huge games like dragon age, and mass effect to back them up lol.
Actually if you did the math they havent made their money back. But thats not the point of this post. I just would like to say do the math. Boxes bought, active subs to this point vs total cost to develop, costs to maintain servers, costs to develop patches, costs to market, costs to distribute. The list goes on and on with the negative income vs the amount generated. Also look we have 12 servers left in NA. That means a population of less than 500k. I have a firm belief that this game is down to maybe 250k subs if that. Just do the math its pretty simple
Saltydogg the real mmo dog

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
07.05.2012 , 09:42 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Saltydogg View Post
THE WHOLE POINT IS I CANT HEAL ANY OTHER TEAM MEMBER.
Team problem not a class problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saltydogg View Post
LOL I guess you have never rolled a Marauder. They are easy mode dps if you know how to play them. As for having a Commando Medic as my main I know what the person is going to do under specific circumstance as a Marauder. Its pretty easy to kill a class that you know like the back of your hand. Its sad to think anyone out there would think that just because a Marauder can solo a Commando means that they are in trash gear and are trash players. Marauders are ment to be straight up dps and the was the Commando has to heal there is nothing you can do to slow down the dps if everything is on cooldown. Hence the Commando being a ONE TRICK PONY. I wonder how you people would fee if there were no healers out there. Its a good thing that OPS cans still heal or you would have pretty much nothing. Hell you're lucky to get one healer in a pug group each WZ.
50 sentinel
50 juggernaut
50 mercenary

I'm well aware of what sentinels are capable of. I'm also well aware that you are a terrible player just by reading your posts. It's also pretty obvious that you either have a trash premade or you solo queue. Either way, you're SOL.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saltydogg View Post
Actually if you did the math they havent made their money back. But thats not the point of this post. I just would like to say do the math. Boxes bought, active subs to this point vs total cost to develop, costs to maintain servers, costs to develop patches, costs to market, costs to distribute. The list goes on and on with the negative income vs the amount generated. Also look we have 12 servers left in NA. That means a population of less than 500k. I have a firm belief that this game is down to maybe 250k subs if that. Just do the math its pretty simple
For there to be proper math you have to have factual numbers of sales,development costs,subscription revenue, cost of labor and plenty of other factors. Simply put, you have no math and you are talking out of your *** at this point.

Saltydogg's Avatar


Saltydogg
07.05.2012 , 10:07 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Team problem not a class problem.



50 sentinel
50 juggernaut
50 mercenary

I'm well aware of what sentinels are capable of. I'm also well aware that you are a terrible player just by reading your posts. It's also pretty obvious that you either have a trash premade or you solo queue. Either way, you're SOL.



For there to be proper math you have to have factual numbers of sales,development costs,subscription revenue, cost of labor and plenty of other factors. Simply put, you have no math and you are talking out of your *** at this point.
Your post is totally laughable. First off try to think outside of the box. Lets just say 2.1 million boxes sold since launch. What does that give you? Population of active subs drops by 32% after just 6 months how much income has that created? Thats not including the people who dropped after the first 30 days of free play. Furthermore how much do you think it costs to run the developlment department. I can tell you this we just hired on 86 new people for my company, thats adding 1.2 million to the payroll and these people are only being paid 35-40K a year. Now figure that designers and tech make that and then some. What is your payroll costs per month? Whats are the server costs? You are down to 12 servers that are active in NA. Which means the active population dropped by another 20% or better. This is pretty easy statistics to figure out if you can extrapolate some data and theorize potential outcomes. This game is just breaking even and its going to be the reason why EA pulls the plug here in the next few months just like they did with Warhammer

To futher this conversation your sentinal is easy mode dps. Hence you not wanting your easy mode kills to go away. I bet you hated trying to dps a healing class pre 1.2 because back then we could actually heal ourselves and the group. You have 3 50's two of them some of the most OP classes in the game. The third use to be until the nerf. I am sorry but your argument pretty much went out the window once you posted that.

This isnt about how good someone is becuase they are and will be limited by the class they play. This is the main reason why you hardly see any Commando Medics playing this game. The class got crushed due to the lack of mobility. The reliance on a full team to save them. Its just silly to think that a guard needs to stand by one healer for the whole WZ just because they have no way of healing on the run other than themselves.
Saltydogg the real mmo dog

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
07.05.2012 , 10:46 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Saltydogg View Post
Your post is totally laughable. First off try to think outside of the box. Lets just say 2.1 million boxes sold since launch. What does that give you? Population of active subs drops by 32% after just 6 months how much income has that created? Thats not including the people who dropped after the first 30 days of free play. Furthermore how much do you think it costs to run the developlment department. I can tell you this we just hired on 86 new people for my company, thats adding 1.2 million to the payroll and these people are only being paid 35-40K a year. Now figure that designers and tech make that and then some. What is your payroll costs per month? Whats are the server costs? You are down to 12 servers that are active in NA. Which means the active population dropped by another 20% or better. This is pretty easy statistics to figure out if you can extrapolate some data and theorize potential outcomes. This game is just breaking even and its going to be the reason why EA pulls the plug here in the next few months just like they did with Warhammer

To futher this conversation your sentinal is easy mode dps. Hence you not wanting your easy mode kills to go away. I bet you hated trying to dps a healing class pre 1.2 because back then we could actually heal ourselves and the group. You have 3 50's two of them some of the most OP classes in the game. The third use to be until the nerf. I am sorry but your argument pretty much went out the window once you posted that.

This isnt about how good someone is becuase they are and will be limited by the class they play. This is the main reason why you hardly see any Commando Medics playing this game. The class got crushed due to the lack of mobility. The reliance on a full team to save them. Its just silly to think that a guard needs to stand by one healer for the whole WZ just because they have no way of healing on the run other than themselves.
-And yet you still don't have any factual numbers, thus you are talking out of your ***.

-I had no problem dealing with healers pre 1.2 and I have no problem dealing with them now. I'd also like to point out that my merc is a healer, not dps. I have no problem with their healing and do just fine with my team. I'm not some scrub that complains about every little thing like you do. Your issue is a simple fact that you clearly solo in warzones which is a purely team based pvp system. You are so busy going "me me me" that you forget that it's not about you, its about the team.

-No, the reason you don't see as many anymore is because healing with them actually requires skill now and no one wanted to learn how to properly play them. Your complaints about them requiring a guard is no different than any other healer, especially in rated warzones. Any unguarded healer will die, I don't care what class they are. We will focus down the unguarded healer first. There is nothing silly about it. DPS and tanks rely on healers to keep them alive just as healers rely on tanks to protect them. This concept works well and balances out the TEAM play of warzones. If you are off going solo in an all pug group then yes of course its going to suck because you are playing with a bunch of random people.

Saltydogg's Avatar


Saltydogg
07.06.2012 , 04:51 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
-And yet you still don't have any factual numbers, thus you are talking out of your ***.

-I had no problem dealing with healers pre 1.2 and I have no problem dealing with them now. I'd also like to point out that my merc is a healer, not dps. I have no problem with their healing and do just fine with my team. I'm not some scrub that complains about every little thing like you do. Your issue is a simple fact that you clearly solo in warzones which is a purely team based pvp system. You are so busy going "me me me" that you forget that it's not about you, its about the team.

-No, the reason you don't see as many anymore is because healing with them actually requires skill now and no one wanted to learn how to properly play them. Your complaints about them requiring a guard is no different than any other healer, especially in rated warzones. Any unguarded healer will die, I don't care what class they are. We will focus down the unguarded healer first. There is nothing silly about it. DPS and tanks rely on healers to keep them alive just as healers rely on tanks to protect them. This concept works well and balances out the TEAM play of warzones. If you are off going solo in an all pug group then yes of course its going to suck because you are playing with a bunch of random people.
LOL skill to play? How skillful can one be on a gimped class. What they die 5 less times than another Commando Medic?
Saltydogg the real mmo dog

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
07.06.2012 , 05:22 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Saltydogg View Post
LOL skill to play? How skillful can one be on a gimped class. What they die 5 less times than another Commando Medic?
Go play something else then. Clearly you are unable to play your class and its obvious you intend to solo queue for the rest of your time playing this game so go play a different class and be a fotm player or something because all the whining you are doing is only making you look like a scrub.

Saltydogg's Avatar


Saltydogg
07.06.2012 , 02:58 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Go play something else then. Clearly you are unable to play your class and its obvious you intend to solo queue for the rest of your time playing this game so go play a different class and be a fotm player or something because all the whining you are doing is only making you look like a scrub.
Its funny that you play on a RP PVP and want to call people scrubs. You know nothing about the class as a healer. You rolled three op classes and now sit here crying like a baby when I ask for just a minor change in the Medics mechanics. Who is the scrub now? You couldnt handle the pugs on my server no less the rated WZ's , you would be the first to cry nerf this nerf that because I know your type. Sorry I want to make it a bit easier for myself to play a class I started since day one. Whats the fun of just running around healing myself all the time? If I wanted to do that I would just go out and pve all day. Anyway you have nothing worth adding here so how about you just drop out of a conversation that you know nothing about.

Sorry buddy but there is a difference between whining and making a suggestion. Maybe you should try figuring out the two.
Saltydogg the real mmo dog

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
07.06.2012 , 05:18 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Saltydogg View Post
Its funny that you play on a RP PVP and want to call people scrubs.

You know nothing about the class as a healer.

You rolled three op classes and now sit here crying like a baby when I ask for just a minor change in the Medics mechanics. Who is the scrub now?

You couldnt handle the pugs on my server no less the rated WZ's , you would be the first to cry nerf this nerf that because I know your type.

Sorry I want to make it a bit easier for myself to play a class I started since day one.

Whats the fun of just running around healing myself all the time?

Anyway you have nothing worth adding here so how about you just drop out of a conversation that you know nothing about.

Sorry buddy but there is a difference between whining and making a suggestion. Maybe you should try figuring out the two.
Where in the world did you get the idea that I play on a RP server? I'm on Jedi Covenant. Even if I was on an RP server, *** does that have to do with anything?


Apparently I do because I'm not the one crying about it.

Three OP classes? Sentinels I get why people cry about them but they are far from OP. Juggernauts? I'm assuming you are crying about their rage spec which is a one trick pony. Smash, scream and if theres no healer they are dead within seconds. They have crap for defense in rage spec, not that it matters as I'm tank spec with him. As for Merc...I have no idea why you would call them OP unless you are referring to their pre 1.2 tracer spam for which I never had problems dealing with. I also didn't roll my merc till after 1.2. The question of who's the scrub? The obvious answer is you because you are still whining.

I don't pug, simple as that. I'm also 23-5(4 of which were "draws" in voidstar...) in ranked warzones, so I'd say I'm doing pretty well. I also don't call for nerfs. I'm typically very against nerf's unless a class is just stupid broken, of which nothing falls in that category atm imo. However if a nerf occurs I adjust to the changes and keep trucking along. I'm sure sentinels will get nerfed as people continue to cry about them, but even after the nerfs I will still be representing them and owning scrubs with them.

You want to make it easy for yourself? So you are saying you want to just mash the keyboard and get results? As in you don't want a game to require skill? Actually ya I can picture that given all the crying you have been doing.

Stop pugging? Even on the rare occasions I do have to sit and heal myself I view it much differently than you do. 3-4 people jumping on me? That's 3-4 dps not fighting everyone else, thats 3-4 people not protecting THEIR healers. That's 3-4 people getting easily killed as they pound away on a guarded healer and they are all being taunted by the tank as well. Seriously, they are making things easier for my team by doing that as our dps just burns them down.

Apparently I do.

There is a difference. Doesn't change the fact that what you are doing is complaining.

DCVAN's Avatar


DCVAN
07.06.2012 , 05:51 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Saltydogg View Post
I play a Marauder and trust me when I say this. Commandos are easy mode kills. All you need is jump snare bleed viscious throw maybe slash to get bleed back, interupt big heal allow little heal to go through, ravage, force choke big heal, after knock back jump interupt heal, interupt is up so stop the heal again= DEAD COMMANDO. Now forget about having to dps on the Commando, they dont even last that long of a sequence.
You must play bad commandos. A good player will cleanse your dot snares and won't get hit by your ravage. They might choose to break out of your choke if they need a quick heal. And they definitely won't knock you back while your leap is off cooldown. If your up against a real good commando, they might just juke one of your interrupts. There are many different ways that fight could go down.
Fouronethree - Level 55 Operative - The Harbinger
Kruz - Level 55 Sage - The Bastion