Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare, have you messed up server populations a second time?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BioWare, have you messed up server populations a second time?

TheDetour
07.01.2012 , 07:54 PM | #1
Just as I feared in launching the game, BioWare made the same mistakes that Mythic did with WAR: instead of focusing on making the servers as robust and strong as possible, they took the easier and more conservative approach of launching a lot of them. That was a huge mistake when the game did not take off in the manner that WoW did.

This is subjective, but I believe any server launch plan that HAS to be at least as (or more) successful than the most popular MMORPG of all time to function properly is a horrible plan. Launching that many servers was lunacy and BioWare paid for it with the server transfers we have now.

Have they made a mistake again? Logging in tonight to Drooga's Pleasure Barge and we have a queue at just ahead of 9:00 Central. We have gone from having under 20 people on the fleet max to being back in queues. Why did you allow transfers to so few servers? We made it loud and clear when you launched the game that waiting in queue was not acceptable and you have made the same mistake for a second time.

It isn't too difficult. We want people on the servers and we want to play when we log on, not wait in a line. Don't spew me the "We are monitoring the situation," copy/paste line you have ready. We don't want queues. Fix it.
I am interested in doing some podcasting work in my free time. Specifically, the subjects I am interested in podcasting about are video games and sports. If you have a podcast and are looking for help from an experienced broadcaster, please send me a PM.

Bocek
07.01.2012 , 07:59 PM | #2
This sort of post is exactly why we had so many servers in the first place. Luckily this time around people realize waiting in a short queue is better than playing on a dead server, and we do have posts clogging up the forums about people whining about queues.

rumpleseq
07.01.2012 , 08:03 PM | #3
I like the queue time.
Look, Sir. Droids!

Pizzaness
07.01.2012 , 08:03 PM | #4
Tell me one thing. Would you rather:
A) Sit in a que for 20 minutes while possibly doing something useful IRL while you wait
or
B) Have 40 minute PvP que times/30 minute searches for a PvE group while you most likely sit in-game, not wanting to miss the que/people who want to join.
Easy answer, isn't it?
Disclaimer: By no means do I think the 1500 person ques that have been popping up recently on Prophecy of the Five are acceptable, I just don't think anything under 40 minute ques should be worth complaining about.

Mahrdol
07.01.2012 , 08:05 PM | #5
I wish my server had a Que. After free transfer the population has been slowly going down even thought there is 3x the servers that are allowed to transfer here now. I suspect in another couple months this server will be unplayable.

Qishari
07.01.2012 , 08:09 PM | #6
Hello,

We do have a thread for the topic of queues and the overloading of servers. Please continue your discussion in the ongoing thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=480320