Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Craft Time is Unnecessary

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Craft Time is Unnecessary

MaverickXIV
07.01.2012 , 05:08 PM | #1
At least, it's not always necessary. Can we please get some sort of "Crafting Station" on the Fleet that makes craft times only a few seconds, like in every other game? I get that "remote crafting" should have some sort of penalty associated with it, but getting someone to craft you something that takes 30 minutes to an hour is more difficult than it should be.

DarthBuckets
07.01.2012 , 05:22 PM | #2
If anything, I think craft time should be longer for high end items. The inability to instantly receive an item introduces a profit margin opportunity for crafters.

I agree that it is annoying when you're crafting for yourself, though.

grallmate
07.01.2012 , 06:02 PM | #3
I suspect crafting times are required for the same reasons that GTN sales and player mails have a 1 hour clearance time. To stop hardcore crafters making a fortune very quickly and help casual crafters keep up.

Prior to 1.3 I'd have argued that green items could be very quick (<1 min) to craft while blue should take 5ish minutes and purples should take a long time (~30 mins). With 1.3 and augment kits i think it is necessary for the crafting time to remain so the market isn't flooded with augment kits.

uniz
07.02.2012 , 07:11 AM | #4
i look at it as the price to pay to actually be able to play the game and not stand at a station. in the long run you will be able to make more if you have more than one crafter and companion. personally i really am glad i never have to go to a crafting station in this game and can run hm while crafting too.

RickAdams
07.02.2012 , 01:12 PM | #5
Other games have faster craft times because they don't have 5 companions that can do the crafting/gathering for you. Without the wait times somebody could build a fortune overnight just gathering and crafting and selling almost instantly. Those other games have a built in wait time because you have to mannually go gather all the mats yourself.

-Ransome-
07.02.2012 , 01:17 PM | #6
If you want instant gratification, don't play mmos
═══RAN$OME══
SAGE CONSULAR
════ETSU═════