Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rapter's Guide to Fighting Dirty Like a Boss

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Rapter's Guide to Fighting Dirty Like a Boss
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dracokyaku
07.02.2012 , 03:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Riiquiem View Post

Wounding shots without applied DOTs is weak because it only deals a vertain amount of weapon damage.
When DOTs are applied there is an additional internal damage per DOT on the target.
However this internal damage is STATIC. Let's say WS gets additional 200 dmg per dot.
So with VS and SB pre applied it deals (just imaginary numbers) 500 weapon damage + 200 + 200.

Hemo Blast does not affect those 200 AT ALL.
No, this is what I'm explaining to you, the Additional internal damage that is provided by Wounding shots is affected by HB which is why you'll see HB count down with each wave of Wounding shots.
Try it out on a Training dummy, enable combat logging, it's always been this way.

just an addition of elemental damage other than normal weapon damage. Nothing else.
I'm afraid it's not elemental damage, It's Internal damage, read the tooltip.
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

Riiquiem
07.02.2012 , 03:31 PM | #22
forget it, you are right.

Use shrap bomb on a target + hemo blast and see how it consumes a charge every 3 sec.
Use WS as addition and its consuming 4 charges in 3 secs.

Sorry, I never tested it with shrap bomb before, vital shot's double ticks gave me a wrong result...

However I'm interested in what gives the bigger dmg boost.
Increased DOT ticks or increased interntal dmg from WS.

Maybe it's better to use HB after WS so Ws doesn't steal charges that are consumed by the DOTs otherwise.
Thoughts on that?

Edit: I already reported our posts #15 - #21 so they get deleted.
Child of Murakami Orchid - now The Jedi Tower:
The Belegendary Legacy

Aerilon - 50 Gunslinger :: Riqui - 50 Shadow :: Riiquiem - 50 Sage
Jeendra - 48 Sentinel :: C'assus - 24 Commando

Dracokyaku
07.02.2012 , 04:55 PM | #23
forget it, you are right.

<snip>

Maybe it's better to use HB after WS so Ws doesn't steal charges that are consumed by the DOTs otherwise.
Thoughts on that?
No worries, we're on the same page now anyway

I find that it's more of a situational thing, if you're trying to burst someone down then I go with HB just before Wounding shots.

Talyndor
07.06.2012 , 05:07 PM | #24
I have just re-specced to DF. I have been reading the variosu posts, and got a bit confised in terms of the timing of Hem and WS.
What is the best rotation for a DF full spec....PvE????

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative

Riiquiem
07.07.2012 , 12:55 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Talyndor View Post
I have just re-specced to DF. I have been reading the variosu posts, and got a bit confised in terms of the timing of Hem and WS.
I don't play PVE but I think there shouldnt be much of a difference.

Vital Shot - Hemo Blast - Shrap Bomb - Sab Charge - Flourish Shot - Wounding Shots - Speed Shot ...

This is the way to get the highest burst DF is capable of.

If you need to maintain your energy like in boss fights I'd suggest to go like this:

Vital Shot - Flurry of Bolts (FoB) - Shrap Bomb - FoB - Flourish Shot - Hemo Blast - FoB - Wounding Shots - Sab Charge - FoB .....

I can only theorycrafting here 'cause like I said before, I'm not a PVE player.
You don't need to use Speed Shot at all. You have enough time and energy to use Wounding Shots and Hemo Blast as soon as they get off cool down.

Make sure to reapply your DOTs only when they are almost out so you don't waste energy.

TL : DR
DOTs when they run out - Hemo, Wounding Shots, Sab Charge whenever they are ready and fill in FoB to keep your energy high.

Best regards
Child of Murakami Orchid - now The Jedi Tower:
The Belegendary Legacy

Aerilon - 50 Gunslinger :: Riqui - 50 Shadow :: Riiquiem - 50 Sage
Jeendra - 48 Sentinel :: C'assus - 24 Commando

Kiisu
07.07.2012 , 05:51 AM | #26
I don't play PVE but I think there shouldnt be much of a difference.

Vital Shot - Hemo Blast - Shrap Bomb - Sab Charge - Flourish Shot - Wounding Shots - Speed Shot ...

This is the way to get the highest burst DF is capable of.

If you need to maintain your energy like in boss fights I'd suggest to go like this:

Vital Shot - Flurry of Bolts (FoB) - Shrap Bomb - FoB - Flourish Shot - Hemo Blast - FoB - Wounding Shots - Sab Charge - FoB .....

I can only theorycrafting here 'cause like I said before, I'm not a PVE player.
You don't need to use Speed Shot at all. You have enough time and energy to use Wounding Shots and Hemo Blast as soon as they get off cool down.

Make sure to reapply your DOTs only when they are almost out so you don't waste energy.

TL : DR
DOTs when they run out - Hemo, Wounding Shots, Sab Charge whenever they are ready and fill in FoB to keep your energy high.

Best regards
Fore pve: you don't need all that fob, and speed shot is a good chunk of your damage (highest after your bleeds and wounding shots), stupid not to use use since you've already specced it to have more dmg.
As I just said in another topic:
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiisu View Post
Basic outline is shrap bomb + vital shot + hemo + wounding shots, then you have some fillers (speed shot, sab charge, aimed shot, flurry of bolts and of course quickdraw) until wounding shots is back up. After 2nd wounding shots you basically start over again. But you shouldn't be mechanically pressing 1234. Since our energy regen is dependant partly on dot crits, its not always consistent, so you have to actively pay attention and sometimes delay skills if it puts you under 60% or sometimes you can squeeze in some extra stuff if you regen more. Also the pve bonus (+10 energy from illegal mods) actually is very good for the purpose of putting you above 60% threshold. Note that your wounding shots will still do full dmg even if your dots have worn off and replaced with weaker versions. Oh, and you should also keep flourish shot up, although its not needed any more if there are other armor debuffs, its still a good practice.

Dracokyaku
07.07.2012 , 07:55 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Talyndor View Post
Your main rotation should be Shrap Bomb, Vital Shot, Hemorrhaging blast and then Wounding Shots.

You can also start the rotation with a Sabotage Charge (Personally I have Cover and Sabotage Charge bound to the same key, so I can quickly double tap the key to enter Cover and throw the Charge, then get up and start kiting again - although if you're only looking at PvE then you won't be kiting quite as much)

You're free to add Speed-Shot and Flourish Shot when you can, although as has been previously mentioned, your Energy Regen depends heavily on your DOTS Critting, so some times you'll find that you have to play it by ear.

Talyndor
07.07.2012 , 08:37 AM | #28
Very helpful advice. Thanks very much to all of you.

Talyndor
07.07.2012 , 08:54 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracokyaku View Post
(Personally I have Cover and Sabotage Charge bound to the same key, so I can quickly double tap the key to enter Cover and throw the Charge, then get up and start kiting again - although if you're only looking at PvE then you won't be kiting quite as much)
How do you do this? I tried assigning F to sabotage and it eliminated the key binding for cover.

Aelaias
07.07.2012 , 10:06 AM | #30
Maybe there is a problem with wounding shots in that hemorrhaging blast charges are consumed without the damage boost?