Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just paid for a smuggler skill that doesnt work in PvP, get a refund ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
Just paid for a smuggler skill that doesnt work in PvP, get a refund ?

Lord_Karsk
07.01.2012 , 01:23 PM | #1
Skill called cheap shot. And as a pvp player this skill is useless to me.
For the future bioware, can you plis lable this and other epic fail skills so players actually know that
they only work against npcs ? That way i dont waist credits on a skill i cant use. Thank You !

RangKer
07.01.2012 , 01:39 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
For the future bioware, can you plis lable this and other epic fail skills so players actually know that
they only work against npcs ? That way i dont waist credits on a skill i cant use. Thank You !
Going to bite; All legacy skills are Heroic.
I.E: you need your Companion out to perform them, which you can use them in open world (pvp), but you cannot use them in a WZ.
[ S Y N E X U S ]
[ D E V A R O N I A N ]

WaldoA
07.01.2012 , 01:45 PM | #3
Did it not occur to you, the time it took you to make this thread, you could've spent getting the whole 10k credits or something you paid for the skill?..

Liquidacid
07.01.2012 , 01:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RangKer View Post
Going to bite; All legacy skills are Heroic.
I.E: you need your Companion out to perform them, which you can use them in open world (pvp), but you cannot use them in a WZ.
no... the smuggler legacy ability isn't cheapshot it's dirty trick I think.. the kick to the balls one... besides he claimed to have bought it and you can't buy legacy skills

Cheapshot is a normal smuggler skill

"Deals a cheap shot to a vulnerable target, dealing 2197 - 2259 kinetic damage to weak and standard targets, and 1557 - 1619 kinetic damage to strong targets. Only usable on incapacitated targets."

every class has at least one of these high damage skills that only work on incapacitated targets and none of them work in PVP or on champions,OP bosses or other players
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

RangKer
07.01.2012 , 01:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
no... the smuggler legacy ability isn't cheapshot it's dirty trick I think.. the kick to the balls one... besides he claimed to have bought it and you can't buy legacy skills

Cheapshot is a normal smuggler skill

"Deals a cheap shot to a vulnerable target, dealing 2197 - 2259 kinetic damage to weak and standard targets, and 1557 - 1619 kinetic damage to strong targets. Only usable on incapacitated targets."

every class has one of these high damage skills that only work on incapacitated targets and none of them work in PVP or on champions,OP bosses or other players
Sigh... my reading skills not the greatest today, and when I was going to edit, you came in and corrected me, thank you knew I should of paid attention to the obvious sign, but sadly I'm poor today apparently.
[ S Y N E X U S ]
[ D E V A R O N I A N ]

Liquidacid
07.01.2012 , 01:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RangKer View Post
Sigh... my reading skills not the greatest today, and when I was going to edit, you came in and corrected me, thank you knew I should of paid attention to the obvious sign, but sadly I'm poor today apparently.
no problems

they should kinda put a note on this kind of skill tho that says it sin't useable on players or NPCs above elite level... tho since most of us buy every single skill for a class it's not really that big of a deal
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Lord_Karsk
07.02.2012 , 09:58 AM | #7
K got a new skill i can train now called head shot, anyone know if this is another pve only fail skill ?
Thanks for replies btw

EDIT, just tested it and it's a pve only skill. Thank you bioware again for making me waist money on some epic fail skill
and dont even have the brains to give a heads up to players that is cant be used in pvp. Patetic how we have to tell you all the time how to do your job.

azurefrog
07.02.2012 , 03:37 PM | #8
K got a new skill i can train now called head shot, anyone know if this is another pve only fail skill ?
Thanks for replies btw

EDIT, just tested it and it's a pve only skill. Thank you bioware again for making me waist money on some epic fail skill
and dont even have the brains to give a heads up to players that is cant be used in pvp. Patetic how we have to tell you all the time how to do your job.
They did, actually. Read the skill description again; notice that it specifies that it only works on weak, standard and strong targets. Players are none of the above.

Pargon
07.03.2012 , 12:31 PM | #9
Thanks for replies btw

Honestly the skills are not expensive. I don't know why this such a big deal for you. I agree they could add a note stating the moves are not for pvp, but if these are breaking your bank then you gotta change what you're doin'!
Chattur'gha, Narokath, Santak, Pargon, Pargon, Pargon, Pargon

kwthomas
07.05.2012 , 07:17 PM | #10
Thanks for replies btw

LOL. its amazing to see the idiocy of the player base. read the skill. its the SAME THING as the previous skill you complained about. only difference? it can be used from range. and if you cannot afford skills you are REALLY doing it wrong. but we can tell that based on your forum posts. seriously man, READ THE SKILL and use your brain. common sense goes a LOOOOONG way