Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard Mode Operations Group Finder

Fiamma_Verde
12.08.2012 , 08:14 PM | #21
Nobody is blacklisting you from anything. I'm part of a small group too, and I pug with members of the guild or freelance solo. The lack lack of a LFG option for harder ops has never hindered me from answering or starting a search in general, and it shouldn't be stopping you either.

The difference between a LFG tool group and what we have now is that there is at least some organization this way. People know what to expect, and have a general idea of what the group can handle. A few players are undergeared? No problem if there are a few on the opposite end of the spectrum. A couple players haven't been there before, or have only gotten past the first boss? Again no problem. If only one guy knows the fights however, it doesn't matter how well geared you all are, you're probably in for a long night.

That said, a game wide chat would probably help along the LFG process.

AshlaBoga
12.08.2012 , 08:16 PM | #22
HM LI > HM EV
HM LI = HM KP.

Therefore they since allow HM LI they should allow SM EC and HM EV/KP.

But HM EC/TFB would be a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD idea.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Gelious
12.08.2012 , 08:59 PM | #23
Screw TFB and EC. I get it, there are a lot of geared players now, players who didn't quit around 1.1 like I did and grinded themself all the best gear. Well, good for them.
But put KP and EV HM in Group finder. It is very boring to sit at Fleet and repeat the same LFG message over and over again without results, because everyone wants only TFB\EC weekly quest.
"No, they will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa, SWTOR
Gelious, Sith Marauder 50 lvl - Red Eclipse;
Xatras, Jedi Guardian 50 lvl - Red Eclipse;

FlyinSpaghetti
12.09.2012 , 06:36 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
It's not gear that's the main problem, I've seen well geared players in SM not knowing their roles especially tanks not kitting bosses correctly (i.e. for fabricator in KP) and even seen some people doing stupid things like running into the lava pit full of dogs in EV just before gharg and when revived running on straight to gharg without waiting for people to ready up without knowing tactics.

I think for group finder there needs to be some sort of skill scoring before you progress on to each operation, maybe even some sort of training op before you can do the story modes then having to finish all the SM's before progressing on to HM and so on.

The problem is (and was probably before GF with pug groups) skill and experience.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
If the problem is skill and experience, then they are only going to get that by doing that operation. Making it hard for them to get into that operation will only work against that. Something like a skill score is impossible. How would you increase that? By successfully beating bosses? First of all that doesn't tell anyone if you're really a good player or even if you understand the mechanics of that boss. Second of all, how can you increase that score, if you need it to be at a certain level to enter the operation.

It's like it was in WoW with gear and achievement requirements. If somebody wanted you to have gear, that you could only get in that raid, or the achievement for completing the raid, it was hard for new players to even get that, because the groups that you needed to get into to get them required that you would already have them.

WoWs raid finder sets a pretty good example of how they can teach you how the bosses work. It's very intuitive and it works as a training ground to teach you the basics. That only works in WoW because the difficulty is a bit lower and you can get the right gear for that raid in like a day.
Sorry for late reply (which my post is quoted above), but the problem I see with group finder groups rather than premade PuG's or guild runs is not just lack of understanding of "specific" mechanics but generally the awareness of how endgame content works. For example for the fresh 50 the only Pve content they've done up to that point bar fetch quests are the class missions and normal flashpoints which are too forgiving on mechanics to the point where someone can agro mobs, stand in circles, not interrupt, faceroll their abilities etc.. and still get through it all.

They then get to endgame and have a huge slap in the face, because what they were doing the last 50 levels was the wrong way to go about it and they now have to be careful, however for the experienced and geared player who knows how things work they shouldn't be limited in what content they can choose to do because some 50 is still learning the robes.

What needs to happen is sorting the riff from the raff, ideally by giving everyone who chooses to do content by group finder a quest or task. For example the simplest way would be to give everyone a quest via GF to complete all HM flashpoints and both SM ops at least 3 times to unlock the next tier of content and maybe even get a nice comms box as a reward for doing it. If anyone can do that they should be geared enough as well as competent enough of raid awareness and how mechanics in "general" work to progress on to the next tier of ops. Anyone who can't is simply not ready.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

DarknessInLight
12.09.2012 , 09:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalethus View Post
Yeah, as of right now there are no options for HM Ops. The reason for that is most likely because there is no "gear check" for the group finder at the moment, and you don't want some new 50 in you're group with crap gear for a HM Ops. Things would go really wrong, really quick.
Well, there are plenty of undergeared 50's joining in HM FP's right now, so I know what you are saying completely.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Brimmer
12.09.2012 , 02:26 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiamma_Verde View Post
The lack lack of a LFG option for harder ops has never hindered me from answering or starting a search in general, and it shouldn't be stopping you either.
Haven't had the time to try since the f2p merges; prior to that it was nearly impossible. You would need to spend hours just to get the group together. Then if you were lucky you could start. So yes it isn't a simple process, when people drop out because they get bored of waiting for spots to fill, then another drops because the last guy did.

On average it used to take around 1 to 3 hours, before you could even start.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler