Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment Kit Mk-6

Elear
07.02.2012 , 03:15 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vereg View Post
As someone already said in the thread, you can make more than that selling the materials individually to crafters.
That's assuming you'll be able to sell them. Mats can be gained much cheaper from sending companions, if one has time, so people rarely buy them on GTN. On contrary, if one can't craft kits himself, he has to buy them, no other option, so by putting mats transformed into kits at lowes price, it's almost certain it will sell.

And you should also consider prices of metals, just because your mats are expensive doesn't mean others can't make it cheaper.

Celise
07.02.2012 , 03:34 AM | #12
i used my trooper to create green belts at level 49 and got the required 70 aug slots 6 from rev, with those same materials plus extra from the bank i already had gathered up form long ago, i converted into 7 aug kits mk6 plus 2 crticals from tanno vik making it 9, all of them went to my new BH, saved a fortune from going on the GTN paying an average price which i now is much higher then its crafting materials, example 50k of kit so in the region of 450k just for 9 mk6 kits if your lucky, you could do the same with materials from scavenging at their usual price of around 2k per mission and some subelectronic items off the GTN, i got 62 for 40k since that was the lowest price at that time.

i suspect i made around 200k savings just by using my own time and resources, it may not mean much to the more richer members on this game but it saves a day of doing daillies on corellia, ilum and belsavis for 2 characters at level 50.

Vereg
07.02.2012 , 03:35 AM | #13
Well the crystals keep going up at those prices, so i assume the market for them is healthy (you wouldn't keep posting at that price unless they sold, its just not smart... oh, wait...)

As for the Metals, unless I'm mistaken synth is one of the more efficient versions of the augment crafters, isn't it Armormech that requires a 4/2/2 crafted green to get the base materials as opposed to synthweavers 2/2/2?
If so the metals could be half the price and still you'd have almost the same cost efficiency as a synthweaver.

I could be wrong, my arms/armor crafters are way behind my weaver.
(███████████████████}|█[Ξ(●)Corvus[◉]Ξ█|{████████████████████)

GoldenHornet
07.02.2012 , 05:58 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Vereg View Post
Well the crystals keep going up at those prices, so i assume the market for them is healthy (you wouldn't keep posting at that price unless they sold, its just not smart... oh, wait...)

As for the Metals, unless I'm mistaken synth is one of the more efficient versions of the augment crafters, isn't it Armormech that requires a 4/2/2 crafted green to get the base materials as opposed to synthweavers 2/2/2?
If so the metals could be half the price and still you'd have almost the same cost efficiency as a synthweaver.

I could be wrong, my arms/armor crafters are way behind my weaver.
No, the armourmech level 49 belts/bracers are 2/2/2

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/aax...oskeleton-belt
http://www.torhead.com/schematic/3gb...eleton-bracers

Hxxr
07.02.2012 , 06:20 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sambril View Post
He was quite correct to quote GTN prices for the materials. If you value them at less when pricing your kits for sale then you are losing money because you could have got more by simply selling the raw materials instead.
This is very important and also the reason why I went out of the buissiness of selling stim packs a few months back and sold quick-growth agents directly for a much larger return.

The OPs reasoning and calculations are not only correct they are the only right way to find the mk-6 kits minimum value.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Vereg
07.02.2012 , 07:26 AM | #16
I've been keeping an eye on the GTN for the day, and crystals and artifacts both are being listed and sold at around the prices i originally quoted.
It genuinely does look like people are crafting augment kits for quick but much lower returns than the potential value if they simply sold the ingredients at current market price.
Ah well.

RedDevilSixty
07.02.2012 , 07:38 AM | #17
You also have to take into account that reverse engineering gives you roughly 30%-40% of you mats back. Which would make the augment kits about on par with the mats in prices.
Kaid
Cognitive Dissidents - The Ravager

Vereg
07.02.2012 , 07:57 AM | #18
That is a fair point, and one i will add to the matrix.
However, even a price drop of 30% still leaves us at a cost of around 90k, not the 59999 we're seeing on Nadd lately.

Scryton
07.02.2012 , 08:39 AM | #19
I don't think i've seen anyone mention the 30K it takes to add the slot to the item. true the thread is just about the cost of the kit, but still the extra cost adds up if you have to slot everything out. Kits range from 60k to 80k on my servers GTN.
When deciding between two evils, I tend to choose the one I haven't done yet.

parmie
07.02.2012 , 08:56 AM | #20
Well 60k seems intuitively to me a profit on an augment kit if gather in the materials via crew missions.

2 seconds on a calculator would be something like this - 1 Thermplast, 1 abundant metal and 1 aboundant compound makes 3 items at a guess. Returns from RE gives you another 1. So 4 pieces of augument kits per 6200 credits spent .

So it costs very roughly 15.5k in scavenging to get 10 pieces. Selling at 60k gives about 4 times return.

If you're out and about doing dailies, maybe Ilum or Belsavis, you can pick up some metal without even searching for it.

There is a difference between people wanting to generate as many credits as possible and people who will craft more for fun. People aren't 'losing' money if they charge under the GTN for the mats, they just aren't making as much as they could.