Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment Kit Mk-6

Vereg
07.01.2012 , 02:20 AM | #1
So after all the whining about augmentation kit prices i did some research and a bit of mathematics, based on the lowest possible price for raw materials on the GTN for Freedon Nadd, and this is what i got for my Synthweaver.

22 Upari Crystals = 52800 (@2400 per unit GTN price)
22 Primeval Artifact = 40810 (@1855 per unit GTN price)
22 Cortosis Substrate = 8800 (@400 per unit crafting vendor price)
2 Subelectronic data module = 1600 (@800 per unit GTN price)

This gives a grand total of 104010 per Mk-6 augment kit just to craft it. Ignore the 30 minute craft time, i have no idea how to add value to that.

Points of interest:
- These are the LOWEST material prices on the GTN at present, their is usually only one or two items listed at this price, so my calculation is favouring the low side.
- Subelectronic data modules are a grade 6 blue slicing component, yet sell for less than a half of the price of the primeval artifacts, a grade 6 green archeology material.

Obviously this is purchasing everything off the GTN, rather than running missions, i'm going to look at mission/material costs later today when i get more time, but i expect that to be cheaper.
(███████████████████}|█[Ξ(●)Corvus[◉]Ξ█|{████████████████████)

-Quantum-
07.01.2012 , 03:57 AM | #2
22 Upari Crystals = Free for Archeology
22 Primeval Artifact = Free for Archeology

so only 10400 with your math

Vereg
07.01.2012 , 04:05 AM | #3
Free is subjective, you pay for crew skill missions, hence why i stated I'd be looking at the cost of missions later.
The only way to get those materials free is to run the planets and gather manually, i don't see anyone doing that.

Karrik--
07.01.2012 , 04:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Vereg View Post
So after all the whining about augmentation kit prices i did some research and a bit of mathematics, based on the lowest possible price for raw materials on the GTN for Freedon Nadd, and this is what i got for my Synthweaver.

22 Upari Crystals = 52800 (@2400 per unit GTN price)
22 Primeval Artifact = 40810 (@1855 per unit GTN price)

This gives a grand total of 104010 per Mk-6 augment kit just to craft it. Ignore the 30 minute craft time, i have no idea how to add value to that.

Points of interest:
- These are the LOWEST material prices on the GTN at present, their is usually only one or two items listed at this price, so my calculation is favouring the low side.
- Subelectronic data modules are a grade 6 blue slicing component, yet sell for less than a half of the price of the primeval artifacts, a grade 6 green archeology material.

Obviously this is purchasing everything off the GTN, rather than running missions, i'm going to look at mission/material costs later today when i get more time, but i expect that to be cheaper.
Why are you posting GTN prices for aug kit components? when I bet all servers are over inflated. You're a Synthweaver you say, get the components yourself at a fraction of the cost. Items lvl 47 to 50 can be made and RE for the aug kit components. Make your best/least cost ratio item and RE, or get a friend to make a better lower component cost to make the components.

These aug kits for MK-6 since thats what most all want now isnt that expensive to make. If you consider having to RE 10 green items to get 1 aug kit cheap.

The economoy for these items are high now because everyone wants them plain and simple. Making the aug kits just takes time to make needing 10 items per aug kit.

Vereg
07.01.2012 , 04:28 AM | #5
That was the point of my closing statement, I'm working on the mission based costs now, and will have some proper figures shortly.
I'm just curious as to the attitude of purchasers that think a augment kit that takes so many resources to make should be priced lower than the augments that go in it, that barely come close to a quarter of the resource cost.
It also makes me chuckle seeing the kits go up for less than 60k, as its quite possible these are being sold at a loss.
EvE ruined me, it made me count numbers when i play games... dammit.

Sambril
07.01.2012 , 04:55 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by -Quantum- View Post
22 Upari Crystals = Free for Archeology
22 Primeval Artifact = Free for Archeology

so only 10400 with your math
He was quite correct to quote GTN prices for the materials. If you value them at less when pricing your kits for sale then you are losing money because you could have got more by simply selling the raw materials instead.
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor"

JonathanCP
07.01.2012 , 05:33 PM | #7
Why is the option of gathering the materials yourself, you know, out there, in the wilds, while questing or not, seem completely impossible?
If your thread title is not a variation on "open letter... BIOWARE,... fail... NOW!", then you are a fanboy

mdtk
07.01.2012 , 05:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vereg View Post
Free is subjective, you pay for crew skill missions, hence why i stated I'd be looking at the cost of missions later.
The only way to get those materials free is to run the planets and gather manually, i don't see anyone doing that.
Just doing class quests would take you to all the planets therefore you could gather materials for only the price of getting there in your starship.
Gav Daragon-a server united has fallen

<Celestial Warriors>
Shärth - 60 commando

carrmic
07.01.2012 , 07:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by mdtk View Post
Just doing class quests would take you to all the planets therefore you could gather materials for only the price of getting there in your starship.
The only planets to find grade 6 materials reliably are Ilum and the Black Hole area of Corellia. You can find a few nodes in the higher areas of Belsavis and very few in greater Corellia.

Gathering also takes a fair amount of time. Additionally you often have to clear level 50 mobs from around the nodes. Then there is this other small issue called resource competition. Other players also harvest. To top it off you usually get only 2-3 archeology materials per node.

If you think that is either cheap or free there is a problem with your economics. Time is money and you obviously haven't spent much time harvesting grade 6 mats if you think you can find that many while doing class quests.

Vereg
07.02.2012 , 02:16 AM | #10
If you think it's that easy to gather materials for free in the 50 worlds, go try it. The number of nodes combined with the number of players in the area (especially the PvP zones) makes this a pointless exercise most of the time. I'm sure this would be a viable option on a dead server, but on Freedon Nadd at least, it's not a practical strategy.

On the plus side, my numbers for crafting from mission run materials is coming up showing a potential crafting cost of between 15-30k depending on mission criticals etc...

So yes, you can craft them cheaper, however that raises the question of why you'd bother. As someone already said in the thread, you can make more than that selling the materials individually to crafters. Making an Augment kit at this price gives you a value of around 300 credits for your archeology materials, which is a complete waste given that the lowest cost crystal on the GTN is usually around 1400 credits. Why use up 44 Archeology resources to make a 40-50k augment kit when you could sell those 44 resources individually at 1000 creds a piece and still be undercutting the market?