Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question on char transfers

Nagarrok
06.30.2012 , 10:22 AM | #1
So if we can move to other servers do we keep our perks/abilities unlocked from legacy? Or does our legacy get transferred also. Lets say I wanted to move 6 characters with legacy 50 to a different server how would that work, is legacy lost and restarted on new server?

mariioow
06.30.2012 , 10:24 AM | #2
i'm pretty sure that the legacy transfers with you and if you have another legacy there the highest one will survive

monkgryphon
06.30.2012 , 10:30 AM | #3
The highest level of legacy is what remains, but all perks and purchases from either also remain.

swcfrost
06.30.2012 , 11:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Nagarrok View Post
So if we can move to other servers do we keep our perks/abilities unlocked from legacy? Or does our legacy get transferred also. Lets say I wanted to move 6 characters with legacy 50 to a different server how would that work, is legacy lost and restarted on new server?
You will have to enter your legacy surname again and may have to pick something else if it is taken on that server, but all legacy purchases (like more experience for space missions) and unlocks (like Jedi Knight buff on all classes) and your legacy level (Example: 50) will stay purchased and unlocked for you though.

Parali
06.30.2012 , 12:59 PM | #5
Greetings,

Here's some information about Legacy and Character Transfers from our Character Transfer FAQ:

Quote:
How does the Legacy system work with the Character Transfer Service?

The Legacy system will work differently depending on whether or not you have already unlocked your Legacy on your origin server by the time you confirm your character transfer.

Legacy Unlocked: If you have played a character on an origin server eligible for character transfer to the point where you have unlocked your Legacy and chosen your Legacy name, then all characters created on or imported to your destination server will use that Legacy name. This also applies if you transfer characters to a destination server after an initial transfer where the Legacy name was unlocked.

Legacy Not Unlocked: If you have not unlocked Legacy on a destination server, and a transferred character is eligible for a Legacy unlock (i.e., they have completed Chapter One of their class story on their origin server), you will be prompted to choose a Legacy name when you log into your new destination server. You will not be able to choose the same Legacy name that you had on your origin server if it is already taken on the destination server.

In order to determine your Legacy XP on your selected server, we will consider the Legacy XP Level of all characters you wish to transfer, as well as the Legacy XP already present on the destination server (if any), and apply the highest Legacy XP value found among all your characters to your account on the destination server.
We hope this helps. Good luck to you on your new destination server!