Who's got the bug?

durhame

A different kind of thread here. I used to only PVE. Could not stand PVP. Been playing MMO's since EQ1 release and it just never appealed to me.... until now. Now I can't stand to PVE. Don't know why but scripted mobs, same thing over and over again just seem boring as hell. There truely is something to be said for facerolling a limp imp. Nothing beats the satisfaction of murding the bad guys and I seriously caught the bug in PVP here. I've never played PVP on other games really but the adrenalin rush you get is just crazy vs raiding or standard scripts. And, I get to do it with shinny objects in my hand :-)

Post your story if you got the bug too. I mean mine is a few tries here and there.. tried keyboard and mouse but then I got a G13 and my gaming for face smashing when to full on addiction!

I have to say that I also got bit by the PvP bug while playing SWTOR.

A few years ago when I was still playing WoW (Played until WOTLK), I did not bother doing any BGs or Arena matches. I exclusively played PvE during those times. I did every imaginable weekly and daily quests (RDFHC, ICC10/25, VOA10/25, Must Die Weekly, RS 10/25) religiously. I believe this might be the reason I rarely do any PvE content as I got burned out with grinding Dailies and Weeklies like before. The good thing about getting tired of doing PvE was discovering how enjoyable PvP is even if you're in the losing end.

*Edited some typos

Edited by Ersan

I've been playing a little PvP in previous games, but never really got into it. I was watching one of my buddies play huttball, and thought: Damn, that looks fun! The first few encounters, I was so nervous that I had to remind myself that this guy wants to kill me and I should defend myself lol.

The PvP has is flaws, i'll admit. But even still, I love it. I love all the warzones, can't wait till they come up with more!

I dislike the kind of PVP that SWTOR offers, but I do love PvP. My personal preference for PVP would be world PvP as opposed to the scripted, objective based warzones. My first MMO was Dark Age of Camelot which had an excellent Realm vs Realm system. It was a 3 way world pvp WAR, and that was honestly what got me hooked on PvP. No other game since DAoC has been able to field the same sort of commitment one felt towards your realm that drove you to protect the frontiers of your realm and attack the frontiers of your enemy. DAoC gave you something real and tangible to fight over and, in my opinion, the right kind of incentive for going out and fighting over them. SWTOR PvP is meh compared to that, in my opinion.

that sounds like a really good system actually. Have you put that idea on the suggestions forum? Ilum i think could have been done a little better. I think bonuses and incentives to go there should help out a bit more. I definitely think that is a great place to start.

I've not really tried pvp in other places aside from eq2. They actually had a 24 man pvp raid that was pretty cool.