Fix the super low-pop server issue - this is bad!

Darthsaski

Can you please start combining all the low-pop servers that are left in the dust from the mass server moves? We on Fa'athra would love to have all the other servers that were sent to Drooga's Pleasure Barge added to our population. We have zero pvp queues and the LFG is all but useless with our current numbers. How is this fair to players? We're either forced to an overcrowded server with WAIT TIMES for a PAID service, or we are in a ghost town of boredom. Fix this, Bioware! Your customers are becoming restless and many are turning their eyes to Blizzard products.......

Welcome to our pain on Ajunta Pall as well, we were west coast, and they only offered an east coast server.....lame.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=488752

It's the only North American RP-PvP server on the west coast. Going to Jung Ma was really the only option.

@OP

You should transfer as well. It's very quick, very painless, and it'll fix your low population problem.

If the selected server isn't where you want to go, then I suggest sticking it out on that server anywayuntil paid transfers come.

It's the only North American RP-PvP server on the west coast. Going to Jung Ma was really the only option.

We only chose RP server for the hope of a more mature community, so we would have been overly happy to have the option of a "West coast" server to transfer to, instead we only got the option to go to a server that trippled our latency, unacceptable.

You should transfer as well. It's very quick, very painless, and it'll fix your low population problem.

If the selected server isn't where you want to go, then I suggest sticking it out on that server anywayuntil paid transfers come.

The point is, by only being given ONE option to transfer to, we were all basically "force merged". Unacceptable. If you are happy with your situation, that's super, however there are plenty who are not, and the lack of not only support from Bioware, but the outright ignoring of our concerns is disheartening and kinda scumbaggy of them.

Why the "F'" would I pay this company more money to transfer to the server desired after being treated this way? I know I won't, my guild has unsubbed over it and refuse to resub until they fix this.

Can you please start combining all the low-pop servers that are left in the dust from the mass server moves? We on Fa'athra would love to have all the other servers that were sent to Drooga's Pleasure Barge added to our population. We have zero pvp queues and the LFG is all but useless with our current numbers. How is this fair to players? We're either forced to an overcrowded server with WAIT TIMES for a PAID service, or we are in a ghost town of boredom. Fix this, Bioware! Your customers are becoming restless and many are turning their eyes to Blizzard products.......

You are still on your origin server? Wow.... talk about leading a horse to water.

Your fear of wait times is either gone completely, or if they are there, are so short that the high population and available activities that await you (LFG, PVP ques, etc) make the couple minutes well worth it.

Dont worry about east coast and west coast. The populations are so high, that someone in Australia time could still find 100 people on fleet at their normal playing times.

Take the transfer is stop complaining. You are going to kick your self for not doing it sooner.

I don't get it. You were offered a transfer and didn't take it because it was on a different American time zone?

And now you start complaining that you are sitting on a starving server?

Wouldn't a single US RP server be more lively around the clock due shared time zones and wouldn't peak times just overlap and not crash into each other?

I am sorry I don't get what was wrong with taking the free transfer in the first place.

This is a problem of your own creation.

Personally I have not experienced any wait times after transferring, even at peak hours. What servers are experiencing them?

Time-zones are NON-ISSUES. Especially when the time difference between your new and old server is a measly three hours. Think about it. Everybody from your old server and old time-zone are now on the new server. Do you think they're changing their play times? You realize other servers with your old time-zone are now on the new server, also playing at a time that is convenient for you? Also you have the people with unconventional schedules from the new server that are available at your time. So even though the server is a different time-zone, you will find exponentially more people available to play with you at times convenient for you than if you stay on your own dying server.

Most interesting is your 'solution' to your perceived problem - merging the low-pop server. I assume you want the servers to merge into your server, because if no then you are faced with a similar problem - you are now on a high pop server with a possible wait time and possibly not your time-zone. And if you are the lucky destination server, you're asking that your problem be given to all the others remaining on lowpop servers. Also, your solution is practically no different than the original solution of server transfers... I assume you're just proposing it because you want to be a destination, not an origin server.

We only chose RP server for the hope of a more mature community, so we would have been overly happy to have the option of a "West coast" server to transfer to, instead we only got the option to go to a server that trippled our latency, unacceptable.

The point is, by only being given ONE option to transfer to, we were all basically "force merged". Unacceptable. If you are happy with your situation, that's super, however there are plenty who are not, and the lack of not only support from Bioware, but the outright ignoring of our concerns is disheartening and kinda scumbaggy of them.

Why the "F'" would I pay this company more money to transfer to the server desired after being treated this way? I know I won't, my guild has unsubbed over it and refuse to resub until they fix this.

I don't see how server latency is much of an issue here. I have friends on the west coast who play on a east coast server and their latency is barely any higher than mine is being on the east coast. One of my froends lives n Oregon and has zero problems. Do yourself a favor and transfer. You'll be a lot happier and unless your internet connection is bad you will hardly notice any latency, if you do at all.

I understand you don't like having to move but how did you want BW to do the free transfers? The way they handled them was very well done overall. Unsubbing to wait for a "fix" is just going to keep you away from a game you obviously enjoy playing. If you won't pay to transfer to another server when the option is available and won't take the free option then you are being unreasonable. Many of the near empty servers will eventually be shutdown and any remaining players will then be moved by BW. No telling where you will end up if that happens.

Make the move, guys. You'll be a lot happier for it. :)

OP, I did not wish to leave Naddist Rebels..AT ALL! I was pretty displeased that I could not go where I wanted to go, then after that I was a tad bit upset that Naddist Rebels did not become the server everyone moved to. I was distraught to find out my Sir Name had already been taken on the new server, as was one of my favorite character names.

In the end, after all was said and done, I was SOOOOOO HAPPY I finally got on a high populated server! I picked an even more awesome Sir name, I picked an even better Name, and I have a blast playing with other players and seeing 50+ players on Nar Shadaa at 2 in the morning!

Edited by Wraiven

In the situation you describe about RP, I don't feel bad for you at all. You joined a server designated for an activity that you don't intend to partake in. Had you joined a PvP server you would have better options that would support the kind of play that you desire as well as your time zone.

Yes, this is server merging that looks funny. No, I am not totally happy with my situation. Being given one option has limited my choices as well as caused the same problem I had before. My characters are still on two different servers and I am unable to get them together. There are quite a few issues that could arise from BioWare's method, but it seems that its goals have been achieved: the servers are now populated and people are free to now ***** about something else. "Ignoring" complaints has been part of the BioWare public relations stance for a while now. You'll get "we're working on something" and that'll be it.

I enjoy the game and want to play. That's why I'll continue my subscription while BioWare sorts out the issues.

Welcome to our pain on Ajunta Pall as well, we were west coast, and they only offered an east coast server.....lame.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=488752

Uhh, i live in central, WHERES MY CENTRAL SERVERS!!!!

lol.

Yes, combine the servers by force, we don't need new players thinking "oh well i dont want to lag from so many players" then they pick a low pop and eventually quit due to never seeing anyone anywhere anytime with dead fleets.

Uhh, i live in central, WHERES MY CENTRAL SERVERS!!!!

lol.

Yes, combine the servers by force, we don't need new players thinking "oh well i dont want to lag from so many players" then they pick a low pop and eventually quit due to never seeing anyone anywhere anytime with dead fleets.

I'm sure servers will start being shut down in a few months and existing characters will be forced to "transfer."

OK having seen all the "this is a problem of your own making" posts I had to post.

Originally this problem was created because of permanent wait times, BW went nuts and rolled out WAY to many servers without any thought for the future. Now they are forcing everyone back down to an already full server. Why should I transfer into a server that not only says Full but has a wait time 5 nights out of 7 and that wait time is 20+

I'm glad some people have no day job but many of us do and honestly sitting in a line for 20 minutes so I can "relax" and play is not my idea of fun.

Now add to that BW encouraged us way back in December/January to abandon our high level toons on a crowded server and to find a server with lower populations, I now have 2 servers with 3 level 50's on them that are ghost towns and the destination servers for my two servers are bot DIFFERENT. So I still don't get to merge my toons onto one server (which if I could merge them all onto one server even if it was full I might do) but they want me to trade my ghost town for lag on the stations, wait times to play and still have all the other issues...

No thanks, stop being fan boys and recognize if you allow BW to continue to provide poor service and charge us to do it then we will continue to get ****** service. Stop making excuses for BW's poor decisions.

Well idk. In this special case being on a RP server I went from a green low pop server to the High pop server / no waiting queues but a healthy population for PvP and Group finder queues.

I am sorry that your offer seems to be different. I think with hundreds thousands of transfers it was a necessary decision to direct peoples movement with fixed source destination servers. Everything else would have been a total lottery in terms of which server will be chosen and might get how much players.

There will be a paid transfer they say in the FAQ. So if the free doesn't work for you / you might be willing to pay for the destination server of your choice.

There will be a paid transfer they say in the FAQ. So if the free doesn't work for you / you might be willing to pay for the destination server of your choice.

And because they screwed up the free transfer, and sent everyone to one or two servers (which are now horribly bogged down with wait times), when they begged us in Dec/Jan to move off of full servers (even though it was my early access roll server) and I now have toons on two different servers (both of which have free transfer but to different servers) all of this through no mistake of my own and then somewhere down the line I will have to pay for it, rather than BW doing what is right and fixing this issue.

I think I see my money going somewhere else, where they respect the player who pays good money each month.

I made a toon on the destination servers they suggested and on week nights on average I have to wait 20+ minutes to get in and play... sorry I'm not interested in their "free solution".

Players: Our server populations are too low, let us transfer servers to fix this. If not I'm cancelling my subscription!

BW: OK, we are working on a solution for this, give us some time and we'll fix this.

Players: Thats not good enough! You should have fixed this before we asked! I'm cancelling my subscription!

BW: It took some time, but we are going to allow players to transfer to selected servers at no cost to you. It will just take us a few days to get all the servers settled, but transfers will be instant after we make our decisions.

Players: Thats not good enough. This took too long and now I have wait a few more days?!?! I'm cancelling my subscription!

BW: Sorry for the inconvenience, we'll rush the process faster since you are all complaining.

Players: Why did you rush the process?!? Now we have lag issues and queue timers! I'm cancelling my subscription!

BW: We'll get right on that, and do what we can for the lag for the higher populated servers. Please note that players who do not transfer will be dealing with extremely low populations, we suggest those players transfer to fix this issue.

Players: I refuse to take your transfer because I don't like the server name or location, and now there are really low populations on my server! This is your fault BW for not providing us with a solution! I'm cancelling my subscription!

BW stop messing with us and doing nothing to solve our issues! I'm cancelling my subscription!

According to the logic used by people in here, the most reasonable option would seem to be to force merge all remaining servers, since you claim transfers are the solution, but if everyone transfers the origin servers will be ghost-towns, so why not merge them as the OP is demanding?

Server transfers are just a way to move the problem; it's like saying to someone complaining about a certain service to go to another provider, but the problem is that that same provider will still be in business since there will be tons of people who don't care, don't know or find the other providers to be just as lousy. It's like telling someone who complains about the path WoW is taking to play another game, when, essentially, the only games on the market are WoW-clones.

Merge all servers according to language and types so we have 1-2 of each language and type.

No thanks, stop being fan boys and recognize if you allow BW to continue to provide poor service and charge us to do it then we will continue to get ****** service. Stop making excuses for BW's poor decisions.

I fully second that.

I am left with 8 toons on a nearly empty server, and I have no chance for transfer, because Bioware chooses to enforce the 8 char limit (8 other chars of mine are already or will go soon on that destination server)

Contrary to the OP, I 'm not even suggesting server combination - just pooling the GTN between all the remaining lowpop servers would go a long way. Cross-server LFG tool might add the group component.

Bioware - help those of us stuck on empty servers, for whatever reason we are stuck there!

Edited by ClavisN

Players: Our server populations are too low, let us transfer servers to fix this. If not I'm cancelling my subscription!

BW: OK, we are working on a solution for this, give us some time and we'll fix this.

Players: Thats not good enough! You should have fixed this before we asked! I'm cancelling my subscription!

BW: It took some time, but we are going to allow players to transfer to selected servers at no cost to you. It will just take us a few days to get all the servers settled, but transfers will be instant after we make our decisions.

Players: Thats not good enough. This took too long and now I have wait a few more days?!?! I'm cancelling my subscription!

BW: Sorry for the inconvenience, we'll rush the process faster since you are all complaining.

Players: Why did you rush the process?!? Now we have lag issues and queue timers! I'm cancelling my subscription!

BW: We'll get right on that, and do what we can for the lag for the higher populated servers. Please note that players who do not transfer will be dealing with extremely low populations, we suggest those players transfer to fix this issue.

Players: I refuse to take your transfer because I don't like the server name or location, and now there are really low populations on my server! This is your fault BW for not providing us with a solution! I'm cancelling my subscription!

BW stop messing with us and doing nothing to solve our issues! I'm cancelling my subscription!

Seriously? Your wonderful little play actually did not capture any of this posts concerns. Please leran to read next time.

Bioware reacted in an appropriate manner and offered transfers, they made sure it would work, but they did not take into account some of the negative aspects:

1. Loss of name

2. Single point destination will = overcrowding

3. Many players have multiple toons spread out of a few servers because of the overcrowding at the beginning in Dec/Jan when BW told us to re-roll on another server to solve the overcrowding server queue issues

I would have been happy to wait until they could do the transfers but do them right. It isn't our fault BW has decided that any action is better than delayed action. Most of these actions are rookie mistakes which have no reason to occur. This is not the first mmo ever and most definitely not the first mmo to have to create server transfers. They have had a ton of folks who went before them in this realm (this is not the first mmo server transfer rodeo) and they could have learned from them.

Mature software companies should have developed mature solutions in response to COMMON industry issues.

Stop excusing bad behavior from BW and ask them to provide a bit of excellence in customer service that we know they can provide.

Seriously? Your wonderful little play actually did not capture any of this posts concerns. Please leran to read next time.

Bioware reacted in an appropriate manner and offered transfers, they made sure it would work, but they did not take into account some of the negative aspects:

1. Loss of name

2. Single point destination will = overcrowding

3. Many players have multiple toons spread out of a few servers because of the overcrowding at the beginning in Dec/Jan when BW told us to re-roll on another server to solve the overcrowding server queue issues

I would have been happy to wait until they could do the transfers but do them right. It isn't our fault BW has decided that any action is better than delayed action. Most of these actions are rookie mistakes which have no reason to occur. This is not the first mmo ever and most definitely not the first mmo to have to create server transfers. They have had a ton of folks who went before them in this realm (this is not the first mmo server transfer rodeo) and they could have learned from them.

Mature software companies should have developed mature solutions in response to COMMON industry issues.

Stop excusing bad behavior from BW and ask them to provide a bit of excellence in customer service that we know they can provide.

Perhaps YOU should read. the initial post is complaining about low pop on his server because everyone transferred off. Transfers are still available but he isn't using it. He feels that BW should instead consolidate all of the other servers onto his so that he doesn't have to transfer.

Losing your name sucks yes, but BW did the server transfers because PLAYERS asked for it, not because BW wanted to make more work for themselves. They rushed the process because PLAYERS asked for it and complained as SOON as they started the whole process that it was taking too long, not because they wanted to screw the process up.

If you want your name fine, stay on your low populated server and show your amazing name off to all 3 of the players there. If you wanna complain about low populations there is a way to fix it. Get over yourself, cuz the only thing holding you back... is you.

Perhaps YOU should read. the initial post is complaining about low pop on his server because everyone transferred off. Transfers are still available but he isn't using it. He feels that BW should instead consolidate all of the other servers onto his so that he doesn't have to transfer.

Losing your name sucks yes, but BW did the server transfers because PLAYERS asked for it, not because BW wanted to make more work for themselves. They rushed the process because PLAYERS asked for it and complained as SOON as they started the whole process that it was taking too long, not because they wanted to screw the process up.

If you want your name fine, stay on your low populated server and show your amazing name off to all 3 of the players there. If you wanna complain about low populations there is a way to fix it. Get over yourself, cuz the only thing holding you back... is you.

Again ignoring points 2 and 3, name loss is ONE aspect the others actually are way more important.

Anything below 200 latency is playable, if you have more than that check your ISP since I can easily play on East Coast from EU with 130-140 latency.